It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: SBI...Bradford limited in practice because of knee.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:46 pm 

They already run the offense like they have a rookie QB. Maybe they are just getting a head start on the "Dobbs Era"...

Writing that made me throw up in my mouth a little.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:53 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Dupree was our best coverage LB down the stretch last year, including Timmons and Shazier. The cones have nothing to do with that. Chickillo, in contrast, is kinda lost in coverage and was washed out on a few runs.

Barry, I am basing this opinion on the fact that I have seen this movie many times: RBs who take a step to get going haven't done shit against the Steelers at Heinz in a generation. Cook's top end is pretty great, but the Steelers are a whole lot more disciplined vs the run than the Saints. We'll penetrate in the middle and stretch out those runs to the sideline, like we always do-- likely at the expense of giving up occasional big yards in pass game on early downs.

God, I hope you're right B2B. I was taking the place where this game is being played into consideration too. I realize the Saints defense isn't great but Cook does look like he has 'It' for lack of a better term. No Tuitt affects this team more than you are willing to give credit for. Alualu is slow, lumbering and misses as many tackles as anyone else on this poor tackling defense does. I'd rather start LT Walton than Alualu. Dupree will also contribute to the negative effects this defense will face. JMO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:14 pm 

Lynch wrote:
Will Jesse James have a 3 td game this week?

8 ball says "very likely."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:18 pm 

Steelafan77, where are you getting that Alualu misses a lot of tackles? He had 5 tackles on Sunday, 2 QB pressures and only had 1 missed tackle in 54 snaps, played 82% of the snaps. Tuitt had 2 snaps and had 1 missed tackle. Watt has been credited with missing 3 tackles yet nobody talks about that.

I thought Tyson did very well and proved himself to me to be a very good signing, like I knew he would be. He actually led the entire defensive line in playing time, Cam only had 52 snaps. If this is what we can expect of Tyson when a starter goes down then hell yes, sign me up.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:32 pm 

I think the defense is gonna be okay this year. It may take em another game or two to get right, but I think they get there pretty quick.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:38 pm 

Ok Scunge so you like Alualu. That's cool. I think he is no better than the last two thieves they signed for the DLine. 11:38 into the 1st quarter Browns 2nd and 15 he rushes unopposed and is right in line with Crowell who is headed right at him and Alualu misses a straight on tackle. Not blocked. No one is in his way. Missed, Whiffed! 2nd and 8. 5:24 into the 1st quarter another rush he is driven outside of the pocket. No power, No moves or veteran savvy shown. Just pushed aside like a fat turkey on slaughter day. 3rd and 8, the following play. Can not shed the RT and is stymied way outside of where the play is going. Dismal. 4:51 into the 1st quarter, 1st and 10 manhandled and blown off the LOS and pushed miles away from where the play is unfolding. I see no strength, I see no athleticism, I don't even see that ole veteran savvy charm helping him to make plays; I see no better than big herp and the last thief that stole a paycheck from Pittsburgh. JMO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:55 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Ok Scunge so you like Alualu. That's cool. I think he is no better than the last two thieves they signed for the DLine. 11:38 into the 1st quarter Browns 2nd and 15 he rushes unopposed and is right in line with Crowell who is headed right at him and Alualu misses a straight on tackle. Not blocked. No one is in his way. Missed, Whiffed! 2nd and 8. 5:24 into the 1st quarter another rush he is driven outside of the pocket. No power, No moves or veteran savvy shown. Just pushed aside like a fat turkey on slaughter day. 3rd and 8, the following play. Can not shed the RT and is stymied way outside of where the play is going. Dismal. 4:51 into the 1st quarter, 1st and 10 manhandled and blown off the LOS and pushed miles away from where the play is unfolding. I see no strength, I see no athleticism, I don't even see that ole veteran savvy charm helping him to make plays; I see no better than big herp and the last thief that stole a paycheck from Pittsburgh. JMO

if you think he is on the level of Big Herp, I suggest you break out some old game film of Cam Thomas. You need a refresher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:01 pm 

Perhaps RS. I root for him as I do every Steeler player. I just didn't see anything that made me want to say, "If this is what we can expect of Tyson when a starter goes down then hell yes, sign me up." That's all. It was more like, "Awe shit here we go again with the huge drop off from Tuitt." And... put Walton in there please. Walton did play a couple snaps before Alualu but then he went MIA and Alualu was the one taking all the snaps. Not sure what happened there.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:17 pm 

77, I agree Alualu is a drop off from Tuitt, but all are. I think he'll be better and more versatile and athletic than previous back ups though. To me, Walton has really matured and turned the corner. I think he's going to be a good one. Wouldn't mind seeing him get a few more reps for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:27 pm 

There's a drop off then there's a huge drop off. I think Walton is the better lineman. Walton is a drop off from Tuitt I agree. Walton is still developing. Alualu was a huge drop off. Alualu is a grizzled Vet. What gives? Perhaps Alualu is still finding his groove? Perhaps he's a slow starter? We'll see.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next