It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bengals & Texans TNF
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:03 pm 

I've stopped wondering, at this point, if CIN will ever fire Marv.

And I don't think it will happen if Dalton continues to regress. Mike Brown is too afraid of another bout of prolonged mediocrity to roll with a new HC and new QB.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:14 pm 

Not keeping Hue Jackson, not making him the head coach and having Marvin Lewis step down, retire, etc, will haunt this franchise for a long, long time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:31 pm 

The ginger popgun will haunt them for a long time
Sometimes I am right - he is awful
The longer they stick with him the better

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:06 am 

Gonzo wrote:

LMAO.....you just don't nickname someone the "red rifle" with a very, very average arm

I've been calling him the "Red Ryder BB gun" since the beginning.....I think JJ Watt ripped me off

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:25 pm 

Scunge wrote:
Not keeping Hue Jackson, not making him the head coach and having Marvin Lewis step down, retire, etc, will haunt this franchise for a long, long time.

Really? I think had more to do with drafting weapons and ignoring their line.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:37 pm 

dd131005, what was one of Hue Jackson's first priorities when he came to Cleveland? He wanted to sign his former guard at Cincy, Kevin Zeitler and that is exactly what he did. This is a coach that knows how important the O-Line is to an offense.

I have a lot of respect for Jackson, I am so glad that they (Cincy) let him go. It sucks that he is with Cleveland now, so we still have to face him, but if he were in Cincy, I think he would make that team better and more of a threat to us if he were their head coach. I think he would not let things go that Lewis does, I think Jackson would have changed their culture more, things would be less bat-shit crazy, some players would be gone instead of extended, and kept year after year.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:42 pm 

Profootballtalk reports a "near mutiny" forced Bengals coach Marvin Lewis to fire OC Ken Zampese.
A source tells PFT's Mike Florio multiple players wanted Zampese gone, including A.J. Green, who called out the playcalling following Thursday's loss. Promoting Bill Lazor to offensive coordinator is a step in the right direction, but Lewis is clearly feeling pressure after embarrassing losses to open the season. Already in lame-duck status, Lewis could be on the hot seat if he doesn't turn things around.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com Sep 15 - 7:44 PM

Bengals promoted QBs coach Bill Lazor to offensive coordinator.
It's a move that shows support for Andy Dalton, replacing fired OC Ken Zampese in favor of Dalton's position coach. Lazor's hands were tied as a short-lived OC with the Dolphins, but he was also working under offensive-minded Joe Philbin, whose affinity was for passing at all costs. At his core, Lazor's roots reside with Joe Gibbs and Chip Kelly. We would expect him to focus on feeding A.J. Green and weed Jeremy Hill out of the RBBC.
Related: Dolphins
Sep 15 - 2:52 PM

Who does Ben favor outside of the golfer?

Maybe EMR and Tomlin play our cards right and surprise people by kicking the golfer to the curb in a few weeks

Heck who saw all those training camp moves coming?

Ozzie and Harbaugh did this successfully a few yes back too

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:53 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Profootballtalk reports a "near mutiny" forced Bengals coach Marvin Lewis to fire OC Ken Zampese.
A source tells PFT's Mike Florio multiple players wanted Zampese gone, including A.J. Green, who called out the playcalling following Thursday's loss. Promoting Bill Lazor to offensive coordinator is a step in the right direction, but Lewis is clearly feeling pressure after embarrassing losses to open the season. Already in lame-duck status, Lewis could be on the hot seat if he doesn't turn things around.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com Sep 15 - 7:44 PM

Bengals promoted QBs coach Bill Lazor to offensive coordinator.
It's a move that shows support for Andy Dalton, replacing fired OC Ken Zampese in favor of Dalton's position coach. Lazor's hands were tied as a short-lived OC with the Dolphins, but he was also working under offensive-minded Joe Philbin, whose affinity was for passing at all costs. At his core, Lazor's roots reside with Joe Gibbs and Chip Kelly. We would expect him to focus on feeding A.J. Green and weed Jeremy Hill out of the RBBC.
Related: Dolphins
Sep 15 - 2:52 PM

Who does Ben favor outside of the golfer?

Maybe EMR and Tomlin play our cards right and surprise people by kicking the golfer to the curb in a few weeks

Heck who saw all those training camp moves coming?

Ozzie and Harbaugh did this successfully a few yes back too

Do you expect the Steelers to fire the golfer if they have a winning record?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:07 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

LMAO.....you just don't nickname someone the "red rifle" with a very, very average arm

I've been calling him the "Red Ryder BB gun" since the beginning.....I think JJ Watt ripped me off