It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: injury report week 3
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:14 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Lynch wrote:
Is that pic from today's practice?

Yep, http://www.steelers.com/photos/photo-ga ... 48db6013ed

Looks like Bryant has put on some muscle.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:30 pm 

T.W. wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
Lynch wrote:
Is that pic from today's practice?

Yep, http://www.steelers.com/photos/photo-ga ... 48db6013ed

Looks like Bryant has put on some muscle.

I have to say, I am impressed with how far he has come. A lot of guys don't make it back to this point who have been where he has been.

Good for him. I hate seeing guys waste their talent.

And good for us :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:55 pm 

DB's should have their hands full riding that horse down.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:25 am 

http://www.steelers.com/team/injury-report.html

You'll notice in the injury report linked above that Watt and Gilbert both did not practice today. Outlaw had limited practice. Tuitt had a full practice today, limited practice yesterday.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:26 pm 

Quote:
@IanWhetstone
The Steelers have taken a $1.15M salary cap charge resulting from an injury protection benefit paid to released TE Ladarius Green.
@IanWhetstone
This opens up a further possibility that they'll be on the hook for another $550,000 extended injury protection benefit for Green next year.
https://twitter.com/IanWhetstone/status ... 9307804672

Green is the biggest FA mistake this team has had in recent memory. The hits keep coming. Green=POS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:29 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
@IanWhetstone
The Steelers have taken a $1.15M salary cap charge resulting from an injury protection benefit paid to released TE Ladarius Green. https://twitter.com/IanWhetstone/status ... 0241705984

Green is the biggest FA mistake this team has had in recent memory. The hits keep coming. Green=POS

He's a piece of shit because his injuries have forced him out of the league?

I don't really see his signing as a mistake, either. They saw the need for a move TE; the need was real. They probably knew about his condition and decided to gamble. While it didn't pay off, he made some plays and helped them win games. They're not exactly in cap hell as a result, and they've been able to sign the guys they've wanted to sign.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:32 pm 

They handcuffed themselves to an injury prone player that likely did not disclose his true health status. That's deceptive at best. That's one definition for POS in my book. The Steelers not doing their investigations thoroughly makes it even more damning. Learning lesson.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:58 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
They handcuffed themselves to an injury prone player that likely did not disclose his true health status. That's deceptive at best. That's one definition for POS in my book. The Steelers not doing their investigations thoroughly makes it even more damning. Learning lesson.

Source for either claim, please?

Also, Green signed for considerably less money than Colby Fleener and Dwayne Allen....and it was only slightly more than Rhett Ellison received this year. The injury risk was probably a factor in why he signed at a relatively low $

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:04 pm 

Pabst wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

Source for either claim, please?

Also, Green signed for considerably less money than Colby Fleener and Dwayne Allen....and it was only slightly more than Rhett Ellison received this year. The injury risk was probably a factor in why he signed at a relatively low $

Bingo.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:47 pm 

Easy to surmise when you think about it. The proof was in the releasing of Green for failing a physical. My point is you don't sign a guy with health issues for multiple years and $20Mil if you know he's in poor health. Dude only played 6 fucking games. Catching 18 passes for 304 yards and ready... wait for it.... 1 fucking TD. So, the athletic, injured, pass-catching tight end made perfect sense from a schematic sense? Seriously? You'd sign a guy for multiple years and $20Mil knowing he's had multiple concussions and will play just 6 games? Worst signing ever IMHO. Apparently, you all are ok with that since there's no hard evidence proving this dude a POS. I call it intuition. Further, if you're the Steelers FO would you want people knowing how gullible you are?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next