It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Steeler bar in Prague?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:13 am 

I know, slim chance. But the internet isn't giving me any great results, so wondering if anyone had happened to visit Prague and find a Steeler bar.

Great city, by the way!

Post subject: Re: Steeler bar in Prague?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:35 am 

nice!

I want to do a Vienna, Prague, Bratislava triangle trip someday soon. Pretty much the last area of Europe I haven't been.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:02 am 

Man... that would be a find.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:21 am 

https://www.pragueexperience.com/bars-pubs/highlights/sports-bars.asp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:12 am 

If you find one please post. I plan on taking a trip there in the near future...would be cool to catch a Steelers game.

I'm jealous man. #1 place on my travel list.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:54 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
If you find one please post. I plan on taking a trip there in the near future...would be cool to catch a Steelers game.

We started in Belgium and did brewery tours at Delirium in Melle and then Het Anker in Mechelem (my favorite brewery in the world, and I've tried beers from many). Both tours were fantastic. Delirium basically gave us unrestricted access to the point where I was jumping out of the way of forklifts in the distribution section. I could have reached out and grabbed bottles as they were being labeled in the bottling section.

The Het Anker tour didn't give us quite as much access, mostly because the bottling and post-brewing process is done elsewhere. But they got much more in depth on the science and brewing techniques.

If you love beer, Belgium is another must-see. Every bar has some of the best beers in the world on top for the same price you'd pay for a Miller Lite at a downtown bar. It's insane, and my heaven.

Only other comment is that although we flew into Brussels, we didn't really spend any time there. What we did pass through looked kind of sketchy, although I'm sure they have nicer tourists areas. But I'd recommend the smaller towns like Gent and Antwerp, where we stayed.

Now we're in Prague for 4 days, which is also awesome. Easily walkable to just about anything, lots to see, friendly people, good food, and everything is dirt cheap.

Last leg of the trip will 4 days in Munich for Oktoberfest :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:00 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:

We started in Belgium and did brewery tours at Delirium in Melle and then Het Anker in Mechelem (my favorite brewery in the world, and I've tried beers from many). Both tours were fantastic. Delirium basically gave us unrestricted access to the point where I was jumping out of the way of forklifts in the distribution section. I could have reached out and grabbed bottles as they were being labeled in the bottling section.

The Het Anker tour didn't give us quite as much access, mostly because the bottling and post-brewing process is done elsewhere. But they got much more in depth on the science and brewing techniques.

If you love beer, Belgium is another must-see. Every bar has some of the best beers in the world on top for the same price you'd pay for a Miller Lite at a downtown bar. It's insane, and my heaven.

Only other comment is that although we flew into Brussels, we didn't really spend any time there. What we did pass through looked kind of sketchy, although I'm sure they have nicer tourists areas. But I'd recommend the smaller towns like Gent and Antwerp, where we stayed.

Now we're in Prague for 4 days, which is also awesome. Easily walkable to just about anything, lots to see, friendly people, good food, and everything is dirt cheap.

I can't even smell beer without getting a headache these days. That said, I still seem to be able to drink pils or kölsch. Was recently in Cologne, and, as you would expect, the local, fresh-brewed kölsch was positively wonderful.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:41 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:

I can't even smell beer without getting a headache these days. That said, I still seem to be able to drink pils or kölsch. Was recently in Cologne, and, as you would expect, the local, fresh-brewed kölsch was positively wonderful.

I'm in love with Belgian Darks, particularly quads and beers that tend to get the "Grand Cru" moniker. It's a much more complex style. Almost more in line with wines than beer. And in fact I leaned on one of my tours that Germans aren't technically allowed calling those styles "beer" because they don't fit the strict guidelines their government has for that category, which is why they tend to stick to lighter-styled beers (with exceptions, of course).

Het Anker makes one called "Cuvee can de Kaizer Blaw (Grand Cru of the Emporer Blue)" that is my favorite beer in the world, and yes I've tried Westvleteren 12 (Great beer, just not dark enough for me). Such a great flavor all over the pallet all the way through the after taste.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:06 pm 

Just made a reservation at a place called BarFüd. Owned by an american guy, promised to have me a seat by a TV with the steeler game on.

Menu looks like American food, which I'm kinda cool with. Food is great here and all, but some chicken wings would go a long way right now.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:22 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:

Get to cantillon? Widely regarded as best brewery in the world. Travel to Europe quite a bit, mostly Germany can't wait to get there.