It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dumbest OC in the nfl.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:04 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Ben spread the ball around to six different receivers today. Rogers was targeted seven times...only Brown was targeted more.

I'm saying that I don't think AB should average more than 10 targets a game, or that Bell should get more than 25 touches. That's right around 50% of your offense...I don't know if a dynamic and versatile offense that's tough to defend would run that much thru just 2 guys.

I don't care how great those 2 are - you're inviting the defense to put everything into slowing those two, and then you're basically slamming your offense into what the defense prepared for.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:38 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Ben spread the ball around to six different receivers today. Rogers was targeted seven times...only Brown was targeted more.

I'm saying that I don't think AB should average more than 10 targets a game, or that Bell should get more than 25 touches. That's right around 50% of your offense...I don't know if a dynamic and versatile offense that's tough to defend would run that much thru just 2 guys.

I don't care how great those 2 are - you're inviting the defense to put everything into slowing those two, and then you're basically slamming your offense into what the defense prepared for.

Oh I completely agree. Just saying hopefully it will start moving away from them.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:46 am 

tunch wrote:
Haley's decisions make complete sense when you consider that he's a literal cuck.

Is his wife still hot?

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:16 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Havoc wrote:
IMO, the win today was a yawner.

Good enough to maybe get to the playoffs and get our teeth kicked in at some point by the best in the league.

27 carries for Bell at 3.2 per. Yay.

This was my feeling all of last year and it happened and until they play a better team, I can't feel great about this team. Again, I am more worried about this defense. I think the O will figure it out but we have played a rookie QB and a backup QB. We have a lot to learn about this team.

I agree that we have a lot to learn about this team.

Agree, the D has not faced the big boys yet.

Saying this again...

27 CAR at 3.2 per for Bell...

BORRIIING football. And won't get it done vs top teams. I expect Bell's ypc will get better but watching us run the football this game was not fun or inspiring. At all. (My opinion)

I was very disappointed when Watt went out. I was so looking forward to seeing both Watt and Dupree on the field.

It was great to see Bryant find the EZ.

It was good to see the rook JuJu get a taste of the NFL EZ.

It was great to see Dupree get a sack.

I am planning on rewatching the D snaps and focusing on Dupree.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:12 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

Oh I completely agree. Just saying hopefully it will start moving away from them.

On 2 series Ben got infatuated with AB. On those 2 series he had Rogers, Bryant, Ju Ju and JJ open underneath for easy chain movers. Instead he went deep x 3 and made a sketchy sideline throw. If Steelers want to progress as an offense Ben has to take what a defense is giving him. Those 2 series were a chance to put Vikes away in first half, tire out their front and make 2nd half about giving Bell the rock. Yes deep shots were available but Vikes adjusted and began to play safety over the top of AB and oh yeah that Rhodes guy is fairly decent.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:55 am 

absolutely Clan.

Wasted series. X2

When the Steelers braintrust....Tomlin Haley and Ben realize that playing smart, distributing the ball, moving the chains, etc. will result in more points.
Well then this team will start scoring more points and start playing to their potential.

Running into 8-9 men boxes and throwing bomb after bomb is just dumb football.
Both low percentage plays.

They broke huddle with a heavy package on one play yesterday to see 8 men in the box.
Ben stepped back from center and audibled.
Went back under center.
As he did, a 9th defender creeped up.
Ben stepped back out from center.
Audibled again and handed off for a 2-3 yard Bell loss on the right side.

Madness.
Dumb football.

At this point, already with a heavy run package in.....he needs to hit one of TE's on a quick release.\
Or look for one on one coverage by the one WR split out, which was probably AB.
What are the best odds of success once he sees this defense.... and then the defense creeping up even tighter.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:02 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
absolutely Clan.

Wasted series. X2

When the Steelers braintrust....Tomlin Haley and Ben realize that playing smart, distributing the ball, moving the chains, etc. will result in more points.
Well then this team will start scoring more points and start playing to their potential.

They broke huddle with a heavy package on one play yesterday to see 8 men in the box.
Went back under center.

Madness.
Dumb football.

At this point, already with a heavy run package in.....he needs to hit one of TE's on a quick release.\
What are the best odds of success once he sees this defense.... and then the defense creeping up even tighter.

Ju Ju needs to see the ball more. On one play when Ben went deep to AB, Ju Ju was running wide open underneath with no Vikes near him. It would have been an easy first down and likely a ton more.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:10 pm 

steelclan wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:
absolutely Clan.

Wasted series. X2

Went back under center.

Madness.
Dumb football.

Ju Ju needs to see the ball more. On one play when Ben went deep to AB, Ju Ju was running wide open underneath with no Vikes near him. It would have been an easy first down and likely a ton more.

I sure hope Ben has watched the tape of the first two games and realizes he is leaving many plays on the field.
He is the one that needs to make this offense great.
He is the only one at this point.
That goes from finding the right read, the open guy and making the accurate pass.
That goes from audibling out of dumb Haley play calls.
To speaking up in meetings and game planning on what is making this offense stumble so much.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:38 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
steelclan wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:
absolutely Clan.

Wasted series. X2

Went back under center.

Madness.
Dumb football.

I sure hope Ben has watched the tape of the first two games and realizes he is leaving many plays on the field.
That goes from finding the right read, the open guy and making the accurate pass.
To speaking up in meetings and game planning on what is making this offense stumble so much.
I'm guessing BR is ok with forcing it to AB as long as they win. That's all he cares about, even if it makes it more difficult on the team. Someone asked him about the bombs, and he said something along he lines of " We won, didn't we?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:01 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
steelclan wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:
absolutely Clan.

Wasted series. X2

Went back under center.

Madness.
Dumb football.

From everything I have read over the last few years, Ben has a lot of input in the offense and game plan each week, while I think Haley sucks balls, maybe Ben is also part of the problem, not part of the solution....no one has ever considered Ben as being very studious or smart.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next