It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Week 2 bitches and gripes
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:27 am 

Tomlin and foster both said villy was sick. I get it. But he still looked a half step slow to me since the preseason.

Any rate hopefully reps even out the OL. They haven't been great so far especially left side.

I don't have many gripes from this game though. Offense could have done but game never felt in doubt to me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:02 am 

ChicagoSteel wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:
KC wrote:
I believe the Bears are going to go with Trubisky this week, after the horrific performance Glennon put up today.

Trubisky could very well give them one helluva spark. That kid looked FANTASTIC during the preseason.

We better go to Chicago expecting a war.

I'm worrying about that as well and hoping the Bears make the move later in the season, like week four please.
Chicago blows and we are on the road=recipe for a close one.

I don't believe the hype. Steelers should walk away with an easy victory.

But I don't believe our hype either. Regardless if it is Glennon or the rookie, that will be the third subpar journeyman and/or rookie QB we faced.

I won't feel good about this defense until it faces a legit NFL QB.

And yes...Bell is fine...you're just menstruating.

Just going by what I have seen in recent years-this is going to be a tight game. That is the way the staff plays it on the road.
Sure the Steelers could blow them out of the stadium and that would be great but if they hold true to form on the road against an inferior opponent then it will be angst and worry up to and through the fourth quarter.

As far as bleeding from the crotch I'm guessing you are directing that at KC. I haven't said much about Bell here on SF.
I thought he looked much better yesterday than a week ago. I also thought he got stronger as the game went on and delivered some nice blows to defenders. The OL was below par again and the holes weren't there but LB put up solid running numbers.
I expect him to be even better this week and he will break the 100 yard rushing barrier against Chicago.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:07 am 

it's still yggy wrote:
Tomlin and foster both said villy was sick. I get it. But he still looked a half step slow to me since the preseason.

Any rate hopefully reps even out the OL. They haven't been great so far especially left side.

I don't have many gripes from this game though. Offense could have done but game never felt in doubt to me.

He had a great game v Browns despite the sack. I'm not worried at all Griffin will make OTs struggle he is that good. Tryon Smith got destroyed by Shaq Barrett yesterday. Joe Thomas struggled with Suggs. Peters struggled with Houston. In other words it happens.

Additionally we need to realize the Vikes front maybe the best Steelers see this season. They have pro bowlers throughout the defense and some other players banging on the door. The Steelers had a tough match up and yes at times it showed.

You know who had a relatively quiet game? Hunter. Can thank Marcus Gilbert for that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:16 am 

Agreed on the Vikes D. They are legit. Hanging 26 is a good game.

I'm still unahppy with how the end of the first half went down. The coaches need to change the way they view possessions. Ben missed some open throws and that's on him, but Tomlin and Haley need to be much better.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:17 am 

steelclan wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:

He had a great game v Browns despite the sack. I'm not worried at all Griffin will make OTs struggle he is that good. Tryon Smith got destroyed by Shaq Barrett yesterday. Joe Thomas struggled with Suggs. Peters struggled with Houston. In other words it happens.

Additionally we need to realize the Vikes front maybe the best Steelers see this season. They have pro bowlers throughout the defense and some other players banging on the door. The Steelers had a tough match up and yes at times it showed.

You know who had a relatively quiet game? Hunter. Can thank Marcus Gilbert for that.

You're right. Vikes had 5 pro bowlers on D last year. Can't recall last time steelers sent that many.

That to me is why I'm even more OK with this win. As bad as the offense might have been their defense is legit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:37 am 

SteelDrama wrote:
Hard for me to bitch and gripe after a home win over a solid team.
Perch is right. Bell doesn't look right and hasn't since his injury. I'm going to give him couple more games before really worrying. Still, is the line creating running lanes? Pouncey and/or Decastro played couple big strong dudes in Sheldon and Joseph past 2 games

Perch is right. Field goal Todd leaves a lot to be desired but today Bens decision making sucked worse than Re-Todd and it wasn't close.

Another gripe, Careers and familes are major time consumers but I miss perchs post game wrap ups as much as I miss FCs gospel.

Finally a personal gripe...did Alejandro Villanueva, a former Army ranger really leave the game due to heat exhaustion or was he just tired from Everson Griffin whipping his ass? Either way drink some fucking Gatorade and get back on the gawd damn field. Pathetic effort.

Thank you Drama. I was getting more pissed off as the game went on with Villanueva. Everson Griffin beat the living hell out of him. He almost get Ben hurt multiple times. Not a varsity effort as Mikey would say.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:53 am 

I know the answer to this but whose idea was it to let Jesse James try to block Griffen one on one while AV was on the sidelines?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:05 pm 

fortythree wrote:
I know the answer to this but whose idea was it to let Jesse James try to block Griffen one on one while AV was on the sidelines?

...and have Ben bootleg back to Griffins side? Retarded.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:08 pm 

fortythree wrote:

x 2. Yep that was a complete WTF especially on 3rd and goal play.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:20 pm 

On a more positive note, Hubbard has really turned into a nice player for the Steelers. A couple years back most of us wanted him off the roster or didn't think much of him. Now he steps in seamlessly at either left or right tackle in a pinch with not major drop in play. Not that he is starting material, but he's developed into a really nice #6 o lineman.

Heyward was dominant this week. Hargrave was last week, and Tuitt was all preseason. Could be the most disruptive d line we've seen in a long time. Alualu was a great signing and gives the team a fourth starter quality player.

The corners were slightly better, but the secondary is still having communication issues. Safety play has to improve. No more easy 3rd and 16 completions please!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next