It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Week 2 bitches and gripes
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:22 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
SteelDrama wrote:
Hard for me to bitch and gripe after a home win over a solid team.
Perch is right. Bell doesn't look right and hasn't since his injury. I'm going to give him couple more games before really worrying. Still, is the line creating running lanes? Pouncey and/or Decastro played couple big strong dudes in Sheldon and Joseph past 2 games

Perch is right. Field goal Todd leaves a lot to be desired but today Bens decision making sucked worse than Re-Todd and it wasn't close.

Another gripe, Careers and familes are major time consumers but I miss perchs post game wrap ups as much as I miss FCs gospel.

Finally a personal gripe...did Alejandro Villanueva, a former Army ranger really leave the game due to heat exhaustion or was he just tired from Everson Griffin whipping his ass? Either way drink some fucking Gatorade and get back on the gawd damn field. Pathetic effort.

He did come back...hard to tell if he played noticeably better.

But even the most fit people can have heat exhaustion.

Oh im sure that tuba got plenty heavy in July but by September after a "physical" band camp it must've felt as light as a trumpet. The pussification of the modern athlete continues.

And this just happened.

Fury poster claiming an Army Ranger turned NFL LT, is "pussified", lol.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:26 pm 

I understand the Black/home jersey deal, but JHC, I'm so tired of teams making us wear our Black Jersey on the road when it's a very hot, sunny day, early in the season. It puts our big uglies and the guys that play balls out every single snap at such a greater disadvantage than many understand. Imo, it's a bigger part of team struggles than most even consider. I would like our FO/coaches be smarter about this simple decision, help our players and turn it around on our opponents, but we do what we do. We would rather show our toughness by wearing black in the heat of the day....stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:16 pm 

SP wrote:
On a more positive note, Hubbard has really turned into a nice player for the Steelers. A couple years back most of us wanted him off the roster or didn't think much of him. Now he steps in seamlessly at either left or right tackle in a pinch with not major drop in play. Not that he is starting material, but he's developed into a really nice #6 o lineman.

Heyward was dominant this week. Hargrave was last week, and Tuitt was all preseason. Could be the most disruptive d line we've seen in a long time. Alualu was a great signing and gives the team a fourth starter quality player.

The corners were slightly better, but the secondary is still having communication issues. Safety play has to improve. No more easy 3rd and 16 completions please!

The wad of bubble gum that is Hubbard certainly kept the dam from busting. And it wasn't the first time.

Lucky to have him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:38 am 

More TDs / Less FGs.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of James Conner, he got one carry and ripped off a nice 9 yard run. He's a good compliment to Bell, After Bell does all that shifty, juking stuff, bring in Conner to blast straight ahead for a play or 2.

I think Bell will be OK, he's just warming up.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:39 am 

DP39 wrote:
I understand the Black/home jersey deal, but JHC, I'm so tired of teams making us wear our Black Jersey on the road when it's a very hot, sunny day, early in the season. It puts our big uglies and the guys that play balls out every single snap at such a greater disadvantage than many understand. Imo, it's a bigger part of team struggles than most even consider. I would like our FO/coaches be smarter about this simple decision, help our players and turn it around on our opponents, but we do what we do. We would rather show our toughness by wearing black in the heat of the day....stupid.

We should have a yellow home jersey for hot days.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:17 pm 

They are saying Villanueva lost almost 20 pounds due to illness last week. Must of been a helluva bug. He should be alright. He will move a little quicker maybe.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:02 pm 

Follow
Fan Morning Show @FanMorningShow
Ramon Foster told us that Alejandro Villanueva was so sick that he couldn't keep anything down this weekend and lost close to 20 lbs.
8:24 AM - Sep 19, 2017

WHAT A PUSSY!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:10 pm 

Haha.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:20 pm 

If he lost more than 20 lbs he'd have been in the hospital for dehydration.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:37 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Follow
Fan Morning Show @FanMorningShow
Ramon Foster told us that Alejandro Villanueva was so sick that he couldn't keep anything down this weekend and lost close to 20 lbs.
8:24 AM - Sep 19, 2017

WHAT A PUSSY!

Villapussy?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next