It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Haden was alot better
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:22 am 

It wasn't the only factor, but AB's biggest seasons when he had 1600 and 1800 yards were were with Martavis on the other side. There's no doubt that when Bryant is on the field, his breakaway threat demands attention from the safety and can get AB some single coverage. It's choose your poison.

It's too early to say for Haden. He had one rough game and one decent game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:40 am 

Stallworth16 wrote:
It wasn't the only factor, but AB's biggest seasons when he had 1600 and 1800 yards were were with Martavis on the other side. There's no doubt that when Bryant is on the field, his breakaway threat demands attention from the safety and can get AB some single coverage. It's choose your poison.

I'd agree on Bryant. I think his hands are improved too (knocking wood). Him and AB should have a fun year. Rodgers/juju/te's chipping in spot duties. Wish we'd see more McDonald but gotta credit JJ for keeping himself on the field.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:45 am 

it's still yggy wrote:
Stallworth16 wrote:

I'd agree on Bryant. I think his hands are improved too (knocking wood). Him and AB should have a fun year. Rodgers/juju/te's chipping in spot duties. Wish we'd see more McDonald but gotta credit JJ for keeping himself on the field.

Another thing about Bryant is his underrated open field abilities. He turned that Catch into a TD with one good outside cut. For most WRs that is not a TD.

I've always been a fan of Outlaw, and I like Grimble and McDonald too but those guys are having trouble getting snaps. Outlaw is only 23 years old. He still has upside. Outlaw is now the same age that Heath Miler was as a Rookie.

Last edited by Stallworth16 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:09 am 

BTW, according to advanced stats, JuJu was getting the most separation of any WR. IIRC, it wasn't even close....something like nearly 5 yards of separation.

You would think this will become relevant at some point as Ben becomes comfortable with him.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:14 am 

Jeemie wrote:
BTW, according to advanced stats, JuJu was getting the most separation of any WR. IIRC, it wasn't even close....something like nearly 5 yards of separation.

You would think this will become relevant at some point as Ben becomes comfortable with him.

Yep. Saw it during re-watch last night. Ben basically ignored him and to a lesser extent Rogers. Game was never really in doubt but if Ben takes easy options instead of forcing it to AB it would've been over by the half.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:23 am 

steelclan wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

Yep. Saw it during re-watch last night. Ben basically ignored him and to a lesser extent Rogers. Game was never really in doubt but if Ben takes easy options instead of forcing it to AB it would've been over by the half.

I said it yesterday: they never felt doubt about winning; they were trying to get Bryant/AB/Bell going-- hasn't been fully in-sync yet. I don't agree with forcing the issue to make that happen, but I also don't know the personalities/egos involved and what happens if they don't get their looks.

Even with all that, AB still got 7 yards per target, which is more or less league average for a WR. If that's an off game, I'll take it, I guess.

I also disagree with the take Barber had on the broadcast-- JJ wasn't obviously open under that difficult AB sideline throw. It took him so long to get to the top of the stem that Ben ran out of time in the pocket. Would have thrown it too soon to be sure Jesse would have his head around for it.

There were a couple to Juju that were right in Ben's read eye line and could have been effective. Rogers also dropped two of those under routes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:29 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
steelclan wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

I said it yesterday: they never felt doubt about winning; they were trying to get Bryant/AB/Bell going-- hasn't been fully in-sync yet. I don't agree with forcing the issue to make that happen, but I also don't know the personalities/egos involved and what happens if they don't get their looks.

Even with all that, AB still got 7 yards per target, which is more or less league average for a WR. If that's an off game, I'll take it, I guess.

I also disagree with the take Barber had on the broadcast-- JJ wasn't obviously open under that difficult AB sideline throw. It took him so long to get to the top of the stem that Ben ran out of time in the pocket. Would have thrown it too soon to be sure Jesse would have his head around for it.

There were a couple to Juju that were right in Ben's read eye line and could have been effective. Rogers also dropped two of those under routes.

One yes but throw to Rogers on 3rd and 10 on throw inside 10 yard line? No, Ben threw that ball way to high and had Rogers it was a poor throw. BTW I will be very curious to see how Falcons handle Vikings D; will be later in season in Minne so should be fun to watch. Folks seem to be forgetting Vikes had one of the best defenses in NFL past 2 years.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:47 am 

steelclan wrote:
One yes but throw to Rogers on 3rd and 10 on throw inside 10 yard line? No, Ben threw that ball way to high and had Rogers it was a poor throw.
People in the game thread blamed Rogers, but I agree. it was a shitty throw. BR played average yesterday, good viking defense notwithstanding.

bradshaw2ben wrote:

I'm guessing AB whines about not getting his targets. This has been going on for a couple of years where BR forces the ball to AB as though nobody else is open. It's getting ridiculous to the extent it kills drives and momentum. Throwing into double and triple coverage is eventually going to result in an interception. I don't think it has anything to do with BR trusting his receivers. Maybe it had something to do with the spot they did about the "chemistry" between BR and AB on fox's pre-game show. They were fawning over themselves like a couple of teenagers in love from the little that I saw. Made me want to puke.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:47 am 

Great D offense for shit. I remember those days, no so fondly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:53 am 

I think it's a few things ben. I do he gets impatient which is sort of haleyball. But his impatience is not caused by haleyball it just drives him crazy. Ben loves to sling it so will always have that deep throw on his mind. He took innumerable hits and still tries to complete it.

Second is the chemistry/trust thing is real. Eli has built it with Ben juju hadn't yet.

Third part is probably AB and others insistence on touches.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next