It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Haden was alot better
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:58 am 

steelclan wrote:
One yes but throw to Rogers on 3rd and 10 on throw inside 10 yard line? No, Ben threw that ball way to high and had Rogers it was a poor throw. BTW I will be very curious to see how Falcons handle Vikings D; will be later in season in Minne so should be fun to watch. Folks seem to be forgetting Vikes had one of the best defenses in NFL past 2 years.

Ben put it up high to protect Rogers, I think, and Rogers made it look even higher than that because he had his hands below his waist when the ball was released. Ben got visibly upset with him after the throw and motioned for him to keep his hands up. Take a look again in that context and I think you'll see Rogers has a great chance to catch that ball if he has his hands in ready position.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:59 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
steelclan wrote:
One yes but throw to Rogers on 3rd and 10 on throw inside 10 yard line? No, Ben threw that ball way to high and had Rogers it was a poor throw. BTW I will be very curious to see how Falcons handle Vikings D; will be later in season in Minne so should be fun to watch. Folks seem to be forgetting Vikes had one of the best defenses in NFL past 2 years.

Ben put it up high to protect Rogers, I think, and Rogers made it look even higher than that because he had his hands below his waist when the ball was released. Ben got visibly upset with him after the throw and motioned for him to keep his hands up. Take a look again in that context and I think you'll see Rogers has a great chance to catch that ball if he has his hands in ready position.

I'll slow it down and take a look later.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:03 pm 

Think of Ben as a point guard. Think of AB as LeBron James... or better yet, a shooter who is money but can't bring the ball up court.

To make the basketball offense work, you have to keep everyone involved, especially your money shooter. Sure, purely objectively and removed from the humanity-- dump it to your 3rd or 5th best guy, run against that soft zone look, throw it underneath. I don't think the ball needs to be forced to Bell or AB any more than it is naturally, but they won't let AB go without meaningful targets for long stretches of the game, rightly or wrongly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:33 pm 

Joe Haden was always a playoff type guy playing on a bad team. Now he's playing for the Steelers where Every game matters. This could bring out the best in Haden. Haden was kind of bad for 2 years, due to injuries but he might have regained some quickness due to successful groin surgeries. We need to see more.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:01 pm 

Stallworth16 wrote:
Joe Haden was always a playoff type guy playing on a bad team. Now he's playing for the Steelers where Every game matters. This could bring out the best in Haden. Haden was kind of bad for 2 years, due to injuries but he might have regained some quickness due to successful groin surgeries. We need to see more.

Right. I'll have to look at vikes again but go back to Cleveland game and speed was never an issue. On all completions in fact Haden was deeper than the receiver. I think he's getting more zone type looks now and figuring that out, plus the new teammates etc.

On the infamous double move from I remember thinking he could have made a play. It's like look down man you're in a different jersey now. We like to win and we do frequently.

Funny thing is is the Steeler secondary has no room to set any standards for him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:10 pm 

Plus I'll add Sean Davis has not had a great two weeks. Mitchell has been fine. Burns has been good, couple grabs though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:46 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
To make the basketball offense work, you have to keep everyone involved, especially your money shooter. Sure, purely objectively and removed from the humanity-- dump it to your 3rd or 5th best guy, run against that soft zone look, throw it underneath. I don't think the ball needs to be forced to Bell or AB any more than it is naturally, but they won't let AB go without meaningful targets for long stretches of the game, rightly or wrongly.

I don't disagree with any of this....just had to say Phil Jackson called and said "triangle offense, BITCH"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:16 pm 

steelclan wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
BTW, according to advanced stats, JuJu was getting the most separation of any WR. IIRC, it wasn't even close....something like nearly 5 yards of separation.

You would think this will become relevant at some point as Ben becomes comfortable with him.

Yep. Saw it during re-watch last night. Ben basically ignored him and to a lesser extent Rogers. Game was never really in doubt but if Ben takes easy options instead of forcing it to AB it would've been over by the half.

Rogers was the worst at getting separation...worse than James!

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:55 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:
Plus I'll add Sean Davis has not had a great two weeks. Mitchell has been fine. Burns has been good, couple grabs though.

I haven't seen Davis make a play in either game this year.

Everyone calls out Mitchell but he has been way more active so far.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:53 pm 

Hinestuff wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:

I haven't seen Davis make a play in either game this year.

Everyone calls out Mitchell but he has been way more active so far.

Sean Davis has been worse than that. They've tasked him to do more and he's been pretty bad. Here's hoping that they are right and that they're force-feeding him, knowing that he'll be able to learn on the job.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next