It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kevin Colbert NFL Executive Of The Year
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:26 pm 

Of course, it's too soon but it was a great draft - TJ Watt, Hines Ward clone young JuJu & most of the rest along with filling our weakness after the draft in TE & the defensive backs Haden, Hilton & hard-hitting Wilcox. Signing Villaneuva to team-friendly contract & having an agreed to contract to Bell although Bell wouldn't sign it. Although if another team gives up 2 first round picks next year to sign Bell & we can parlay them into getting a successor for Ben - wouldn't that be something. If Colbert had also filled our need of a truly capable second string qb, I'd reserve the award for him right now.

Post subject: Re: Kevin Colbert NFL Executive Of The Year
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:44 pm 

He takes a lot of heat here for drafting guys who are prone to injury w narrow wrist circumference

But clearly he is doing something right

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:45 pm 

I hope that this team, talent wise, puts the whole Tombert can't build a championship roster arguement to rest for good.

This team is stacked. Whether they can play to potential is a question for November, when it matters.

2-0 with warts. I'll take it without a bitch to give.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:39 pm 

VanWilder wrote:

I think people want the Steelers to win the super bowl so badly they demand the Steelers play at a championship level from week 1. But I don't think it's unusual for teams to need to feel their way early in a season. Lots of new pieces here. I expect the Steelers to improve as the season goes on and be playing their best football in December/January/February. We might not win a super bowl as the Steelers have played so far. Lucky for us they don't hold the super bowl in September.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:02 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
VanWilder wrote:

I think people want the Steelers to win the super bowl so badly they demand the Steelers play at a championship level from week 1. But I don't think it's unusual for teams to need to feel their way early in a season. Lots of new pieces here. I expect the Steelers to improve as the season goes on and be playing their best football in December/January/February. We might not win a super bowl as the Steelers have played so far. Lucky for us they don't hold the super bowl in September.

Posters need to read Swiss' point about suffering through games, rather than enjoying them. It's completely true, especially early in the season & playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:04 pm 

Mike Tomlin is Les Miles.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:21 pm 

SteelKnife wrote:
Mike Tomlin is Les Miles.

Which reminds me, ive been meaning to get your feedback on the latest LSU debacle from last weekend. What's the word. You staying away from sharp objects?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:21 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
VanWilder wrote:

Agreed.

Would you rather have the '95/'05 Steelers or the '04 Steelers.

It's a long ass season. Most forget this. It's extremely difficult and pretty unrealistic to fire on all cylinder from week 1 thru SB Sunday.

Piling early season, ugly wins, as the team progresses and improves is something we should all be very excited about.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:38 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
VanWilder wrote:

If they did, Minnesota would have about 5 Lombardis.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:40 pm 

11-1 in last 12 :shock: