It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Kevin Colbert NFL Executive Of The Year
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:19 am 

SP wrote:
SteelKnife wrote:
Mike Tomlin is Les Miles.

Which reminds me, ive been meaning to get your feedback on the latest LSU debacle from last weekend. What's the word. You staying away from sharp objects?

Lack of discipline really sums it all up.

Also blaming the fact I was at a wedding and couldn't watch most of it live. The football gods were displeased. As was I.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:29 am 

VanWilder wrote:
I hope that this team, talent wise, puts the whole Tombert can't build a championship roster arguement to rest for good.

This team is stacked. Whether they can play to potential is a question for November, when it matters.

2-0 with warts. I'll take it without a bitch to give.

In a way, if they can't bring home a ring or at LEAST get to the big game with this roster, It will tell us all we need to know about coaching. I think the PS have had top 5 talented rosters the last 3 years. Time to put up. Last year I would have called a great step if they'd have at least competed with New England.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:18 pm 

R S wrote:
VanWilder wrote:
I hope that this team, talent wise, puts the whole Tombert can't build a championship roster arguement to rest for good.

This team is stacked. Whether they can play to potential is a question for November, when it matters.

In a way, if they can't bring home a ring or at LEAST get to the big game with this roster, It will tell us all we need to know about coaching. I think the PS have had top 5 talented rosters the last 3 years. Time to put up. Last year I would have called a great step if they'd have at least competed with New England.

Belichick vs Tomlin is such a mental mismatch

Sometimes your roster can't overcome stupid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:12 pm 

I think we missed a bit of a window some of these recent past years when the AFC was ripe for the taking.

That tide is changing. AFC west has three teams you wouldn't want to have to face on the road in addition to our kryptonite in NE.

Home field is extremely important this year in particular as there are some teams I don't think we beat on the road but at home have a fair shot.

Games like this weekend are must wins.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:37 pm 

VanWilder wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
VanWilder wrote:

I think people want the Steelers to win the super bowl so badly they demand the Steelers play at a championship level from week 1. But I don't think it's unusual for teams to need to feel their way early in a season. Lots of new pieces here. I expect the Steelers to improve as the season goes on and be playing their best football in December/January/February. We might not win a super bowl as the Steelers have played so far. Lucky for us they don't hold the super bowl in September.

Posters need to read Swiss' point about suffering through games, rather than enjoying them. It's completely true, especially early in the season & playoffs.

There is truth in it but it's not the whole story.

It's also true that not all coaches are equal and there is valid reason for discussion on how we approach offense.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:58 pm 

randomsteelerfan wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
VanWilder wrote:

I think people want the Steelers to win the super bowl so badly they demand the Steelers play at a championship level from week 1. But I don't think it's unusual for teams to need to feel their way early in a season. Lots of new pieces here. I expect the Steelers to improve as the season goes on and be playing their best football in December/January/February. We might not win a super bowl as the Steelers have played so far. Lucky for us they don't hold the super bowl in September.

Agreed.

Would you rather have the '95/'05 Steelers or the '04 Steelers.

It's a long ass season. Most forget this. It's extremely difficult and pretty unrealistic to fire on all cylinder from week 1 thru SB Sunday.

Piling early season, ugly wins, as the team progresses and improves is something we should all be very excited about.

'95/'05 Steelers definitely. They didn't have to play the Patriots in the postseason.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:02 pm 

Tomlin critics will shut up for a season if:

1. The Steelers beat the Patriots in the postseason or
2. The Steelers win the Super Bowl

They will shut up once and for all if the Steelers accomplish both in the same season.

Simple as that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:46 pm 

Obviously wrote:

They will shut up once and for all if the Steelers accomplish both in the same season.

Simple as that.

Haley/Tomlin critics will change their position regarding offense if we are one of the highest scoring offenses in the league or if we win the SB.

This offense might be the most overrated in the league the past couple years (to this point). A LOT of hype yet we have NEVER been among the best in the league with this group of coaches and players. Kind of strange, I think.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:54 pm 

Obviously wrote:

Simple as that.

I'm a Tomlin hater and I agree w the above

Show me you can beat Brady and I will send Tomlin a fruitcake

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:46 pm 

Havoc wrote:
Obviously wrote:

Simple as that.

Haley/Tomlin critics will change their position regarding offense if we are one of the highest scoring offenses in the league or if we win the SB.

It would be nice if all the weapons could eith stay healthy or stay out of trouble for an extended period of time.

This offense might be the most overrated in the league the past couple years (to this point). A LOT of hype yet we have NEVER been among the best in the league with this group of coaches and players. Kind of strange, I think.