All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Kevin Colbert NFL Executive Of The Year
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:49 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Tomlin critics will shut up for a season if:

1. The Steelers beat the Patriots in the postseason or
2. The Steelers win the Super Bowl

They will shut up once and for all if the Steelers accomplish both in the same season.

Simple as that.

I'm a Tomlin hater and I agree w the above

Show me you can beat Brady and I will send Tomlin a fruitcake

I don't hate the man, and like Cowher, I want him to shut me and all his critics up by beating the Patriots in the postseason and/or winning the Super Bowl .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:15 pm 

Obviously wrote:
Havoc wrote:
Obviously wrote:

They will shut up once and for all if the Steelers accomplish both in the same season.

Simple as that.

Haley/Tomlin critics will change their position regarding offense if we are one of the highest scoring offenses in the league or if we win the SB.

It would be nice if all the weapons could eith stay healthy or stay out of trouble for an extended period of time.

This offense might be the most overrated in the league the past couple years (to this point). A LOT of hype yet we have NEVER been among the best in the league with this group of coaches and players. Kind of strange, I think.

I see what you did and yes I know.

Normally I am the guy posting saying it doesn't matter what the team looks like during the RS as long as it all comes together at the right time and we get to the tournament.

So for me to post the way I have after these first 2 wins is not normal.

I see it different this year regarding the O. The coaches and players have had years to figure this out. Too much at stake, with the Pats looming and the seeming strength of the afc this year.

Here is where I'm at... there is a lot of talent on this O. If we have our key guys this season and if we appear to underachieve... I would make 1 or 2 major changes among the staff and bring in new offensive ideas. It's possible this group can't be coached to one of the leagues best, but I would give someone else a chance. Time is ticking on this offensive personnel group we currently have.

I am hoping for best, of course. SBI

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:39 am 

Quote:
I see it different this year regarding the O. The coaches and players have had years to figure this out.

The triumvirate of Tomlin, Haley, and Ben are going on what, year 5 together? That's an eternity in the NFL.

Not to mention that neither Tomlin nor Haley need to worry bout the oline as thy have a more than competent position coach.

Time for this three headed monster to walk the damn walk. Enough talk aleady. Go out and do.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:09 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
11-1 in last 12 :shock:

The and 1 was so bad on so many levels that it destroys the 11.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:12 am 

Obviously wrote:

Simple as that.

For me, there is no "or."

We have to beat New England and win the SB. At this point, with all of the ass beatings combined with how proud this franchise is or used to be, Winning the SB without beating NE in the playoffs is like the 1980 Olympiic hockey team winning the gold without beating the Russians.

Last edited by Suwanee88 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:23 am 

955876 wrote:
I think we missed a bit of a window some of these recent past years when the AFC was ripe for the taking.

That tide is changing. AFC west has three teams you wouldn't want to have to face on the road in addition to our kryptonite in NE.

Home field is extremely important this year in particular as there are some teams I don't think we beat on the road but at home have a fair shot.

Games like this weekend are must wins.

I agree they didn't do enough in order to take advantage of having a HOF QB on the roster in a QB league. This past off season was the first aggressive position I have ever seen them take since they resigned all of their own guys in the 2001 off-season. They also waited until the end of training camp to make these moves. People bitch about the Pirates? This fact is a bigger problem in my book - who gives a rats ass about the Pirates. The Steelers legacy was on the line.

As far as home field advantage. I still have to see more of this team before I feel confident we can beat the Wesern teams you point out and certainly a Brady/ Belicheck lead team vs. Tomlin on the road or at home.