It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Steelers defense could be best in AFC
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 5944
955876 wrote:
Quote:
Tomlin has a safe job and yet he refuses to take the best chance of winning.


Unfortunately, I think he actually went with the scheme he thought gave him the best chance of winning.

Yet another reason my confidence in him has waned.


If you continually get your asses handed to you by NE, at some point would you say "hey, we have nothing to lose...let's try some new shit?"

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers defense could be best in AFC
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 3370
Not if your style has been to deflect and make excuses.

If something else is always to blame there is no reason for self reflection.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers defense could be best in AFC
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:33 pm
Posts: 370
Does no one remember the game that Tomlin did scheme to beat Brady at heinz in 2011? I was there. Deebo and Woodley kicked the shit out of Brady, Cortez Allen erased Gronkowski (where the hell did that go?), and we had Ike is in prime with I think Lewis on the other side. We kicked their asses.

That defense was better in almost every respect than the one we could put on the field last AFCCG. They weren't ready to beat Brady in Foxboro, it would have taken a monumental effort and a lot of
luck.

This year the defense looks a lot different, with more experience and some rookies who ooze potential and are beginning to realize each week. I have a lot of confidence in this group. We even have pretty good depth at most spots. Our back up OLB is tied for the team
lead in sacks so far this season. I think we can be top 5, with a shot at 1.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers defense could be best in AFC
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 3370
I do agree the arrow is pointing up. We have some good pieces.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers defense could be best in AFC
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:49 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 5855
Good coaches take what they have and try to find ways to make it work. Poor coaches run out the same tired old scheme that they know is destined to fail...

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers defense could be best in AFC
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:47 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 9214
Stop worrying about scheming to slow Brady....scheme to confuse Ernie.

NE offense is a short game based off rubs and picks....Take that away and challenge Brady to beat you deep or to the outside repeatedly. He won't.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers defense could be best in AFC
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 5862
IncognitoCoup wrote:
Does no one remember the game that Tomlin did scheme to beat Brady at heinz in 2011? I was there. Deebo and Woodley kicked the shit out of Brady, Cortez Allen erased Gronkowski (where the hell did that go?), and we had Ike is in prime with I think Lewis on the other side. We kicked their asses.


Yes. When Tomlin feels comfortable that he has the players to play man and rush Brady, he does so.

IncognitoCoup wrote:
That defense was better in almost every respect than the one we could put on the field last AFCCG. They weren't ready to beat Brady in Foxboro, it would have taken a monumental effort and a lot of
luck.


This line of reasoning is apparently dickless.

IncognitoCoup wrote:
This year the defense looks a lot different, with more experience and some rookies who ooze potential and are beginning to realize each week. I have a lot of confidence in this group. We even have pretty good depth at most spots. Our back up OLB is tied for the team
lead in sacks so far this season. I think we can be top 5, with a shot at 1.


Agree, the D looks a lot better this year. I'm very hopeful.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers defense could be best in AFC
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 11460
Quote:
L.J. Fort was activated from the practice squad, and fellow linebacker Steven Johnson was released. http://www.steelers.com/news/transactio ... 9ba3d175c2

So this is something we can expect every few weeks? Fort will be released by week 6 and Johnson re-signed?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AF Stiller Fan, Baltostiller, Bing [Bot], blu, CdnSteelerFan, Donnie Brasco, DrMalba, Google [Bot], GreekSteel, Hinestuff, Ice, JackSplat58, Jobus Rum, Kodiak, LakecrestSteeler, MemphisSteelerFan, nycsteel, Old School Steeler, Pabst, Scarletfire1970, SOCALSTEEL, Stairway 2 Seven, Stallworth16, stealhers, Steel Ubaldo, Steelers/PSU Fan, Stillcajun, Stillerz Bar, Stillmiller, stillthere, TB, Tundralag, W&M_Steeler, Zeke5123 and 138 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group