It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Rhodes vs. Brown Mic'd Up
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:18 pm 

Was fun to watch. Competitive, yet respectful. Love it. Thanks for posting.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:31 pm 

VeritasSteel wrote:
Think that more than anything shows that Brown is just out there having fun. He respects his friend and Newman and takes the blame on a pass he should have caught and I like the nickname "Tony Toe Tap" for him. When money is involved everyone wants to make him out to be some kind of diva- but come on. He trolls Fandom and gets them all cranked up about the rolls royces and the flash. At at the end of the day- dude works harder than anyone else and is enjoying his time in the NFL. Game changes your body forever, at least while you're tearing it up have a smile on your face.

He's always been a good guy. Early in his career he'd let fans know where he was and asked them come hang out with him. At least I know that he did that a few times when he was at ESPN studios in CT.

He seems like a genuinely good guy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:17 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
SteelKnife wrote:
Explains why Ben kept bombing it.

Except that Ben barely bombed it.

Did you sleep during the second quarter? Ben’s bombs cost us 1 or 2 drives in that quarter, even if his overall total was fine.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:32 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
SteelKnife wrote:
Explains why Ben kept bombing it.

Except that Ben barely bombed it.

There was just that short period of time in the second quarter where Ben seemingly forced everything to Brown.

Once he stopped doing that, he got better.

I think often times it can be one play that resonates... and as we get further away from that day that one play turns into multiple times.

One of those bombs I think Ben saw 1 on 1 coverage on the outside. Brown put on the jets and had his guy beat, when Ben saw that he made the decision to throw... that particular play I thought Rhodes got away with obvious pass interference, essentially stiff arming brown as brown was in full speed going around him. It slowed Brown up enough to make the pass look way overthrown - but I couldn't believe it wasn't PI. Rhodes was certainly not up to full speed and the only way to slow Brown down was to put his hand on him.

I think when you see the result of the play, the immediate thought is that Ben forced it... but if you are watching that play up until the point Ben releases the ball - you say to yourself... that's 6.

I think this video might help in all these plays... but the one I'm talking about is around 34 seconds in.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:00 pm 

dropemjaybird wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
There was just that short period of time in the second quarter where Ben seemingly forced everything to Brown.

Once he stopped doing that, he got better.

I think often times it can be one play that resonates... and as we get further away from that day that one play turns into multiple times.

One of those bombs I think Ben saw 1 on 1 coverage on the outside. Brown put on the jets and had his guy beat, when Ben saw that he made the decision to throw... that particular play I thought Rhodes got away with obvious pass interference, essentially stiff arming brown as brown was in full speed going around him. It slowed Brown up enough to make the pass look way overthrown - but I couldn't believe it wasn't PI. Rhodes was certainly not up to full speed and the only way to slow Brown down was to put his hand on him.

I think when you see the result of the play, the immediate thought is that Ben forced it... but if you are watching that play up until the point Ben releases the ball - you say to yourself... that's 6.

I think this video might help in all these plays... but the one I'm talking about is around 34 seconds in.

When I watched the replay live and heard Tiki say "that was incidental contact...", I said out loud "Bullshit, Tiki!"
I just did the exact same thing, and didn't realize it until after I said it... :mrgreen:

fifteen yards down the field, a defender cannot put his hand (fist, whatever) on the the chest of the receiver, extend his arm, and change the course of his route like that.

That is DPI...ref missed it...meh...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:28 am 

It is BS.

Rhodes can only defend him using illegal moves. Give Rhodes credit for the subtle illegal moves, but if there is a more professional ref and perhaps more high profile game with more on the line, I think AB has a much bigger game and will get the calls.

The reverse stiff arm and the holding at the top of the shoulder pad definitely impedes his progress. The ref should be calling it closer and put some Jordan rules in effect for one of the faces of the league.

Brown should make some changes to his shoulder pads. Shoulder pads haven’t changed at all in 50 years. Someone needs to take a fresh look at shoulder pad design. Too many handles for Rhodes and DBs to slow him down.

The best part of the video was at the end. Brown felt like he was hoodwinked in the summer as he did not get to see the complete inventory of techniques Rhodes developed. I feel like their next meeting will go a bit diffently.