It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: T.J. Watt (groin) is out for Week 3 against the Bears
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:26 pm 

With Chickillo playing fairly decent I don't see why this would be a bad thing. Hoping Tuitt gets to play. Hoping Hubbard plays well in Gilbert's spot.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:08 pm 

time for Silverback to get some snaps this week....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:57 am 

Kodiak wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking, let him slam Glennon to the ground or welcome the rookie Trubisky to the NFL.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:38 am 

smithessmokin wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking, let him slam Glennon to the ground or welcome the rookie Trubisky to the NFL.

It's going to be very warm...high 80s....

Strained muscles and hot weather games don't mix. They need to keep a good rotation going to keep everyone else healthy.

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:57 am 

ChicagoSteel wrote:
smithessmokin wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

It's going to be very warm...high 80s....

Strained muscles and hot weather games don't mix. They need to keep a good rotation going to keep everyone else healthy.

Let's see if Chicago chose to wear their white unis for this game...

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:36 pm 

I agree with Chicago regarding the rotation tactic. Health is vital going forward. Especially when you're planning a postseason run. 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:44 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Let's see if Chicago chose to wear their white unis for this game...

They committed months ago to wearing their alternate jerseys, which are midnight blue with red numbers.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:13 pm 

Quote:
It was in Week 3 a year ago that the Steelers started a six-game stretch where injuries became an issue on the offensive line. Left guard Ramon Foster left the Eagles game and missed the following game, against the Chiefs, with a chest injury and was replaced by B.J. Finney. Gilbert injured his left ankle and missed the Jets, Dolphins and Patriots games and was replaced by Hubbard. Maurkice Pouncey dislocated a finger at the Ravens, forcing Finney to play center. Only left tackle Alejandro Villanueva and right guard David DeCastro never missed a start. Where the playing time proved valuable for Finney and Hubbard, it came at a cost. The Steelers went 2-4 during that stretch and needed to win six consecutive games to clinch the AFC North title. Now, the offensive line is hoping those backups gaining experience will pay off. Finney has proven he can play guard and center. Hubbard played tight end in jumbo packages and filled in at left and right tackle against the Vikings. http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/127 ... r-steelers

Did I misunderstand what is printed in that article? Is this article implying that because of Finney and Hubbard the Steelers went 2-4? I find it difficult to accept that as an explanation as to the poor play that unfolded on both sides of the ball during that time.

With Gilbert being out do we really expect there to be that huge of a drop off? I admit going from Gilbert to back up Hubbard there is expected to be some drop off. I believe the OLine will pull through. Gilbert is being held out for a hammy and the flu bug that was going around. Thoughts...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:18 am 

and not to be a naysayer but– although I appreciate Chickillo's steps forward, I don't think he's played outlier football in the first two weeks. He's done some good things, but you can also see why he's a backup. He did a good job of filling in, but the longer he's out there, the more likely his flaws will be exposed.