It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123  Next
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season # 3: Steelers @ Bears Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:09 pm 

This was a well-deserved loss. I'm not going to go overboard here. We pretty typically crap out a turd game or two during this part of the season.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:10 pm 

alancac98 wrote:
1. Ben is done - his heart isn't in it at all. He has no fire or passion to his game. I'm calling it right now - he'll retire at the end of the year.

2. I have and always have disliked Mr. Aviator Cliche. He has no brains. There are 10 - 15 guys on this board that would be a better HC or OC than the retards we have.

3. I will not pick this team to beat the Ravens or really anyone else for that matter - I don't think the coaching staff is smart enough to get the guys to play better and this team to perform well enough to make the playoffs at this point.

4. We are not a top 20 offence or defense right now - could they become one? See #3

5. Bell should have taken the money - he sucks! He just lost millions of $. Good for the greedy bastard.

I could probably keep going, but I'll stop at my five.

PS.

6. WTF has happened to our OLine? They have been barely able to open a hole at all this year. And to think, they are supposed to be a strength of this team.Did Munchack leave and go somewhere else?

#1.....see the 5 points below and I agree, yes, Ben is going to retire and probably be pretty bitter about it. I think he was really disgusted by the effort in the AFCC, but came back because, like us, he was fooled into thinking this team had championship talent.

#5....I want Bell to succeed, because I want PIT to win. But that wouldn't be karma that doesn't make me smile. I figure so far he's played himself out of at least $20M.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:15 pm 

meanwhile, cincy is beating GB at home by 14-7.

This team does not have what it takes. Ben is done and our coaching blows. We may make the playoffs due to shittier teams in our division, but we are 1 and done, and will never beat the Patriots.

At least hockey season is starting. Pittsburgh has one team that knows how to win.

Stinger8 wrote:
Question. How many OC's had Brady had?? Do you see a drop off?? How many mediocre receivers, like his current group does Brady play with, do you see a drop off?

Ben has had a revolving door at receiver, too, and not missed a beat. But Brady will play until he's 50 because he has guys WTF open all over the place. No other offense in the league does that, which is why that offense can plug in a Laundry Jones and get stellar play.

Brady has had different OC's, but that has always been Belicheat's offense....Ben has run 3 entirely different offensive schemes. And for being so smart and hard-working, Brady doesn't have near the say and part in that offense as Ben does here.

Sorry, it's not a fair comparison. No other offense in the the league plugs in a 2nd or 3rd string QBs and gets Pro Bowl production.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:16 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
955876 wrote:
I said several years ago that for Ben to excel later in his career he needed to become a smarter, more analytical QB.

He has failed to do that. He also operates in an offense that relies on guys winning 1on 1 or often 1 on 2.

So he's always behind the 8 ball looking and waiting for someone to win their individual battle.

Great coaches know how to scheme a good number of gimme pitch & catches throughout the game.

We don't have a coach like that.

Yes yes it's early but I will bet anyone right here and now the bye goes to NE and whoever wins the AFC west.

I don't have a problem with any of this. Ben used to be able to overcome scheme and just make plays. He can't anymore.

There's a reason why Brady still looks so good and it ain't cheating.

I agree with you and Kodiak that Ben is hampered by play calling in some instances.

Regardless I see a guy in decline. Not just this year.

Last year too.

Why do we assume no cheating?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:20 pm 

alhill wrote:
This was a well-deserved loss. I'm not going to go overboard here. We pretty typically crap out a turd game or two during this part of the season.
I get it. sometimes you don't want to show too much before a division opponent game. I also understand that it's a 16 game season, and certain parts of the game need to be seasoned over time/ you play the tacticians game with your supposed rivals.

But some of the mistakes were fundamental football. Fundamental football that makes the pats a contender every year. The steelers are a contender every year because of draft talent. The pats are a machine. The Steelers are built on emotion.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:21 pm 

JJT wrote:
This team does not have what it takes. Ben is done and our coaching blows. We may make the playoffs due to shittier teams in our division, but we are 1 and done, and will never beat the Patriots.

At least hockey season is starting. Pittsburgh has one team that knows how to win.

We won't beat AFC west champs on road either.

Games like today are the ones that help prevent that scenario.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:23 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
alhill wrote:
I get it. sometimes you don't want to show too much before a division opponent game. I also understand that it's a 16 game season, and certain parts of the game need to be seasoned over time/ you play the tacticians game with your supposed rivals.

But some of the mistakes were fundamental football. Fundamental football that makes the pats a contender every year. The steelers are a contender every year because of draft talent. The pats are a machine. The Steelers are built on emotion.

Garbage games like this are the reason the Steelers don't get byes/home field during the playoffs. They need to run the table on shit teams like the Bears on the road and they never fucking do. That's why January games in Denver, Kansas City, Cincinnati, New England, etc. Tomlin routinely shits the bed in winnable games during the regular season.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:23 pm 

Zeke5123 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
955876 wrote:
I said several years ago that for Ben to excel later in his career he needed to become a smarter, more analytical QB.

He has failed to do that. He also operates in an offense that relies on guys winning 1on 1 or often 1 on 2.

So he's always behind the 8 ball looking and waiting for someone to win their individual battle.

Great coaches know how to scheme a good number of gimme pitch & catches throughout the game.

We don't have a coach like that.

Yes yes it's early but I will bet anyone right here and now the bye goes to NE and whoever wins the AFC west.

I don't have a problem with any of this. Ben used to be able to overcome scheme and just make plays. He can't anymore.

There's a reason why Brady still looks so good and it ain't cheating.

I agree with you and Kodiak that Ben is hampered by play calling in some instances.

Regardless I see a guy in decline. Not just this year.

Last year too.

Why do we assume no cheating?

Because the past does not make anything in the future necessary where matters empirical are concerned. And I thought the whole deflate business to be beyond stupid. Sure, they could be cheating.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123  Next