It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123  Next
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season # 3: Steelers @ Bears Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:26 pm 

Baltostiller wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
alhill wrote:
This was a well-deserved loss. I'm not going to go overboard here. We pretty typically crap out a turd game or two during this part of the season.
I get it. sometimes you don't want to show too much before a division opponent game. I also understand that it's a 16 game season, and certain parts of the game need to be seasoned over time/ you play the tacticians game with your supposed rivals.

But some of the mistakes were fundamental football. Fundamental football that makes the pats a contender every year. The steelers are a contender every year because of draft talent. The pats are a machine. The Steelers are built on emotion.

Garbage games like this are the reason the Steelers don't get byes/home field during the playoffs. They need to run the table on shit teams like the Bears on the road and they never fucking do. That's why January games in Denver, Kansas City, Cincinnati, New England, etc. Tomlin routinely shits the bed in winnable games during the regular season.
I guess Tomlin's risk assessment and gabling abilities are deficient. that's what everybody complains about. They wish he would make the same gamble on the black jack game.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:28 pm 

This is a baffling loss on a team with their fair share of them over the years.
On any normal day when your D keeps an opponent to 17 points, two sacks, and turns the ball over three times that's more than enough to win it. Up until the OT posession they did their jobs, though without Watt and Tuitt they look a little more ordinary than exceptional.
With two starting OL out today we saw a Bears team really stifle anything we wanted to do. Run game was just nonexistent even With Foster. But with Foster in there we gut this one out. Without him and Gilbert we are In trouble.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:31 pm 

Baltostiller wrote:
[
Garbage games like this are the reason the Steelers don't get byes/home field during the playoffs.

How hard do people still believe the coaches work?

Because from where I sit, Tomlin has enough talent to mail it in and still make the playoffs. Championships are YOUR standards, it's not the Rooney's standards. A competitive team that makes the playoffs is all Tomlin has to do, and Colbert has made it really easy to do that.

Going to be a very different story if Ben hangs it up and Bell isn't the guy to build an offense around.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:51 pm 

Dolphins and Cowboys game, part 3.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:24 pm 

alancac98 wrote:
1. Ben is done - his heart isn't in it at all. He has no fire or passion to his game. I'm calling it right now - he'll retire at the end of the year.

2. I have and always have disliked Mr. Aviator Cliche. He has no brains. There are 10 - 15 guys on this board that would be a better HC or OC than the retards we have.

3. I will not pick this team to beat the Ravens or really anyone else for that matter - I don't think the coaching staff is smart enough to get the guys to play better and this team to perform well enough to make the playoffs at this point.

4. We are not a top 20 offence or defense right now - could they become one? See #3

5. Bell should have taken the money - he sucks! He just lost millions of $. Good for the greedy bastard.

I could probably keep going, but I'll stop at my five.

PS.

6. WTF has happened to our OLine? They have been barely able to open a hole at all this year. And to think, they are supposed to be a strength of this team.Did Munchack leave and go somewhere else?

Gilbert out due to hammy/flu Hubbard less than capable. Foster went out early with Finney replacing him. Finney looked ok to me. The Bears have monster DLinemen that manhandled that OLine today. I think that's what happened.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:33 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Gilbert out due to hammy/flu Hubbard less than capable. Foster went out early with Finney replacing him. Finney looked ok to me. The Bears have monster DLinemen that manhandled that OLine today. I think that's what happened.

It's not just today, we've seen it the first two games and also in preseason.

The OL has been very very average, at best. Villanueva has been bad, no other way to put it (although he is possibly still recovering from flu or whatever illness had him losing "20 lbs" last week).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:55 am 

Wtf is harrision doing on the bench

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:59 am 

steelmann58 wrote:
Wtf is harrision doing on the bench

"Saving" him apparently means no reps, at all....because Tomlin circles game like this on the calendar as "staycation" weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:47 am 

Simple amazing what these coaches doing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:03 am 

Lit -- of course past performance doesn't guarantee future outcomes. But it does from a Bayesian perspective force you to change your prior, no?

Here are a few premises -- tell me where I go wrong.

1. Back up QBs tend to be very bad -- there may only be fifteen quality NFL QBs.

2. NE does not have highly touted weapons outside of Gronk.

3. NE has had pro bowl success with at least two back up QBs, including one who didn't really play in college. Moreover, NE has had success with two late round picks at QB.

4. It is very rare to find a QB after the third round.

5. NE has cheated at least twice.

Conclusion: it is much more likely that NE is cheating than to accept that they found a fool proof way to develop multiple pro bowl QBs and pro bowl targets in comparison to the rest of the league, especially considering their cheating history.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123  Next