It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Unstoppable offense
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:29 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
TB wrote:
The problem with comparing Ben to Brady and Rodgers is that he's just not on their level. If you hold Ben to their standard you're going to be constantly disappointed. Brady and Rodgers are elite QBs and Ben isn't. Brady is the best QB of all time and Rodgers has been there right with him for a long time. Ben flirts with their level of play at times but doesn't play at near the same level of consistency and just isn't on their level as far as seeing the field and decision making. Ben is still a top 10 guy, but I question his drive and preparation. He looks and has played so far this year like a guy who has one foot out the door.

Does anyone want to say Rodgers or Brady have better receivers?
One could make the argument that Rodgers has been just as hamstrung as Ben. Or at least I've read references to such theses.

Rodgers struggles even more than Ben on the road. His road record is unbelievably bad compared to QBs who are viewed as his peers or lessers. But yet he's much more consistent than Ben?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:31 pm 

Zeke5123 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
TB wrote:
The problem with comparing Ben to Brady and Rodgers is that he's just not on their level. If you hold Ben to their standard you're going to be constantly disappointed. Brady and Rodgers are elite QBs and Ben isn't. Brady is the best QB of all time and Rodgers has been there right with him for a long time. Ben flirts with their level of play at times but doesn't play at near the same level of consistency and just isn't on their level as far as seeing the field and decision making. Ben is still a top 10 guy, but I question his drive and preparation. He looks and has played so far this year like a guy who has one foot out the door.

One could make the argument that Rodgers has been just as hamstrung as Ben. Or at least I've read references to such theses.

Yet every game I see the Pats receiver open with nary a soul within fifteen yards... Hence cheating.

Sure makes you look good as a QB when you have a clean pocket and receivers open with regularity... and nothing makes you look worse than having to choose between hold the ball or make perfect throws into coverage.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:40 pm 

Quote:
Sure makes you look good as a QB when you have a clean pocket and receivers open with regularity... and nothing makes you look worse than having to choose between hold the ball or make perfect throws into coverage.

I would say its safe to assume that if AB, MB, JuJu, Rogers, James, Leveon, McDonald were swapped to the Pats.........
That alot of those guys would be running free, breaking away from defenders, etc. etc. making uncontested catches with plenty of RAC yards.
And that more balls would be crossing the goal line than crossing the uprights.

Its all about scheme and play design to free up target, create mis matches, create easy opportunities for the QB. etc

That does not happen with the PS.
Does not happen for Ben.
Every throw has to be on a dime.

Starts at the top.
Long before Ben starts looking average on Sundays.

Pump fake anyone? Can we have more than one a game?

When was the last time the Steelers got flagged for a pick play, rubs ( ok, ok may have been one in the last three games? but don't recall one)

They don't get flagged for it, because they don't run much of it at all................maybe only 31 teams are permitted to run pick plays and the Steelers were running 7 shots when they had to fax in the application.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:52 pm 

They indeed cannot be stopped in finding ways to shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:55 pm 

ya..what did happen to the ben pump fakes?? he was almost annoying he did it so much..then we would hear the praise how great he is at it.. now he quit doing it.. maybe he is setting up the pump fakes for later!
I don't know but while scanning the games I see a lot of guys playing qb better then ben.. he looks slow; unconfident; indecisive; and making poor decisions, and when he throws its a crap shoot to a covered man..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:14 pm 

bam morris wrote:
I don't know but while scanning the games I see a lot of guys playing qb better then ben.. he looks slow; unconfident; indecisive; and making poor decisions, and when he throws its a crap shoot to a covered man..

That's exactly what it looks like when your receivers are covered.

As for the pump fakes and some other things, Ben has long relented squeezing his big, square ass into the small round hole Haley designed for him. Their offense relies heavily on timing routes these days. You can't really utilize a heavy dose of pump fakes there because the ball has to come out exactly when it's supposed to.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:40 pm 

No reason a pump fake can't be part of the play design.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:42 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Its all about scheme and play design to free up target, create mis matches, create easy opportunities for the QB. etc

That does not happen with the PS.
Does not happen for Ben.
Every throw has to be on a dime.

I see this posted a lot, but then I also see posts like "Ben forced the ball to AB who was covered when so and so was wide open underneath." So which is it? Are guys open or aren't they?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:44 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
TB wrote:

Rodgers struggles even more than Ben on the road. His road record is unbelievably bad compared to QBs who are viewed as his peers or lessers. But yet he's much more consistent than Ben?

Ben Roethlisberger career QB rating at home: 99.6
Aaron Rodgers career QB rating on the road: 99.0

These guys are in different universes. Rodgers has 303 TDs to just 75 INTs. He's the most efficient QB of all time, been on multiple All Pros, and a two-time league MVP. Ben has been in the league 14 years and never sniffed an All Pro team. C'mon dude. You're trying to compare Jerome Bettis to Adrian Peterson.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:01 pm 

One could make the argument that Rodgers has been just as hamstrung as Ben. Or at least I've read references to such theses.[/quote]

Yet every game I see the Pats receiver open with nary a soul within fifteen yards... Hence cheating.[/quote]
Sure makes you look good as a QB when you have a clean pocket and receivers open with regularity... and nothing makes you look worse than having to choose between hold the ball or make perfect throws into coverage.[/quote]

Or being a 14 year veteran know the route tree, know on every play exactly where every receiver is going, because you studied hard, understand which one will open up and hit the OPEN receiver as opposed to locking on one guy and then have to scramble or throw into a super tight window. Just a suggestion.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next