It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Unstoppable offense
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:06 pm 

Stinger8 wrote:
Or being a 14 year veteran know the route tree, know on every play exactly where every receiver is going, because you studied hard, understand which one will open up and hit the OPEN receiver as opposed to locking on one guy and then have to scramble or throw into a super tight window. Just a suggestion.

Ben knows this offense cold, I guarantee it.

And on the rare occasions Brady's receivers are covered like Ben's were yesterday, he looks a lot like Ben did yesterday (usually worse).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:09 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Stinger8 wrote:
Or being a 14 year veteran know the route tree, know on every play exactly where every receiver is going, because you studied hard, understand which one will open up and hit the OPEN receiver as opposed to locking on one guy and then have to scramble or throw into a super tight window. Just a suggestion.

And on the rare occasions Brady's receivers are covered like Ben's were yesterday, he looks a lot like Ben did yesterday (usually worse).

Yeah, Ben is hardly a run around until somebody gets open QB.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:21 pm 

You're right about them being in different universes:

AR......................................................BR
42-40........... on the road............. 60-43
36-32 games decided by 7 or less 49-37
33-26 night games & postseason. 48-23
22-15.............. vs AFC................. 93-46
5-4.............vs AFC North............. 51-18

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:32 pm 

I guess I should just give up at this point. I've been trying for a few years, but I'll never be able to convince you that Rodgers is better than BB. :cry: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:33 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Stinger8 wrote:

Ok so why on many many occasions do we see guys wide open or coming open and 7 hasn't even glimpsed in their direction? This happens often. At this time Ben is a good QB nothing more :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:36 pm 

Stinger8 wrote:
Ok so why on many many occasions do we see guys wide open or coming open and 7 hasn't even glimpsed in their direction? This happens often. At this time Ben is a good QB nothing more :cry:

I would strongly contest "many" occasions, or that those guys are actually open. I'd also disagree that other elite QB's don't make the same mistakes. Not going to argue that Ben doesn't miss more guys. But when other guys have multiple people open, you usually aren't going to notice that they occasional missed or didn't look at one guy running free.

I'm not going to argue if Ben is as good as Rogers or Brady....we'll never know for sure because we'll never see them play for each other's team. I don't even like to bring Brady/NE into these discussions because it's goes well beyond apples-to-oranges even if you think cheating has no part in it. Focus on Rogers, Brees, Ryan, etc...as that's a much fair basis for comparison.

But I will say, again, that if you watch these other guys with the same standards you apply to Ben, or vice versa, you're probably aren't going to see the great gulf between them that you imagine.

Rogers, IMO, is the best talent I've seen play the position. But as BB (I think) pointed out, the answer still is far from definitively clear cut. Ben is on the very tail end of his career, and the decline will come quick....but at 35 he's not there yet, not declining. The problems with this offense right now go way beyond Ben.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10