It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The goats of the week.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:00 pm 

[/quote]
Tomlin needs to miss a few games in the concussion protocol then. :lol:[/quote]

Lol.
I love it .
All for it.

Wait.
Does that put Haley in charge.
We are fucked either way.

Last edited by Stosh-67 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:01 pm 

I'd put Munchak in charge myself. Or Mitchell....he is the assistant HC isn't he?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:19 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
No one learns anything the second time a donkey kicks you in the head?

LMFAO.....never heard that one

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:58 pm 

SP wrote:
Cam Heyward got absolutely buried. Pushed around, shoved to the ground and run over.
Dupree and Chickillo weren't setting the edge, Shazier and Williams missed a lot of tackles.
Fuck whoever let Harrison rot on the bench in a game the only thing the opponent could do is run.
Artie Burns ran himself out of run fits to avoid contact.
Those refs missed 10 obvious holding calls.
Todd Haley is outclassed three weeks in a row.
Bryant CANT drop that first pass of the game. Short armed an easy TD pass.
Ben was off by a few inches on 5-10 passes. He's not been nearly as accurate as he needs to be.
Grimble's inability to block turned a 4 point game into a 10 point game before half.
Typical Tomlin road game vs a shit team when he's favored to win by 7+
How the fuck do you lose a game where you don't allow a single completion to a WR?
Eli Rogers has to be able to catch a damn punt. When he does, it goes nowhere.
Pouncey has been shit all year. Getting physically dominated way too often. Playing like he's 280.
This offense is not elite. They are not good. They are below average 20% of the way thru the season.

What did I miss?

Shaz will always miss a few tackles given all the tackles he made and the play he made to put Steelers in game I have fuck all complaints about him.

Burns run fits are an issue but again I can live with it as long as he playing this well in coverage (He was superb).

That non call on Joe Haden on Cohen big play was abysmal. Haden got flat out tackled on the edge and of course gave Cohen a free run to cause chaos. Hell even Burns on OT TD get held blatantly. I get no all of them are going to be called but non call n Haden was Jags redux circa 2008 playoffs Deebo edition.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:15 am 

steelclan wrote:
That non call on Joe Haden on Cohen big play was abysmal. Haden got flat out tackled on the edge and of course gave Cohen a free run to cause chaos. Hell even Burns on OT TD get held blatantly. I get no all of them are going to be called but non call n Haden was Jags redux circa 2008 playoffs Deebo edition.

I've never been on board with the "scripted" BS, but between the holds that weren't called in OT and one of the worst replay reviews I've ever seen giving us a fumble on their 20.....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:53 am 

Another loss against an inferior team on the road for Coach Milkey time again. No one can defend him anymore. Ben crapped the bed today needs to find a way to carry his team like Rodgers or Brady. Bryant shortarms a pass or slows down terrible the so called Ol again looked terrible

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:52 am 

SP wrote:
How about Haley going empty backfield 3rd and goal from the 1. Had to laugh just to not cry.

Don't you know that Herm Tomlin and the Cucked OC fancy themselves 2-point conversion guru's? They pulled that awesome formation out of their go to 2-point plays.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:04 am 

Steelers need to clean up a few things and they'll be ok

Offense

Defense

Special teams

Coaching

Truthfully tomlin should refund steelers fans after that ducking disaster. That said team still has too many good players to fall off the earth completely this season.

As soon as Rodgers muffed that punt I knew it would be a barn burner. The real effectiveness of tomlin andvhalet and butler was about to tested and too often they gone up short.

But we gotta move on. All there is to it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:47 am 

I re-watched this ugly mess and concentrated on D. The missed tackles, being way the fuck out of position, not holding the edge yes yes and yes but most glaring?

Butler's schemes. They were an inholy mess. The man played 7 man fronts with no safety coming into the box pretty much the entire game. Why for fucks sake?

Bears passing game did not exist. Load the box with 8 or even 9 defenders. Yet time and again on big plays (Cohen & other 2 runs in OT): 7 and on one of those the 7th was Haden who as we know got tackled.

On TD Steelers basically had Shazier trying to fill two gaps and meanwhile Mitchell is 15 yards off the LOS doing fuck all. Absolutely mindless scheme.

It wasn't just not enough personnel in the box what made it even worse is the way the Steelers lined up. It was fucking bizarre: Steelers loaded one side of dline again, again and again. Bears simply ran at weaker side every time and what do you know it worked. Seriously if have a chance go look at alignments it is almost saying: "hey Bears run here!"

Chickillo had to go to the bench he is the worst edge defender I've seen in a long time. Dupree isn't lighting it up by any means but it would be tough to be as bad as Chickillo and Bears figured this out quick. They ran to Chick's side a bunch & Butler didn't help matters by dropping defenders into coverage and leaving that side undermanned.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:56 am 

I wasn't home so I didn't see enough of the game, or watch closely enough to comment on the goats of the game, but the little part that I did see, not to exonerate any players/coaches for subpar play/calls, looking at you bell, Bryant, run defense...but wow the officials have to be on this list as well, is blatant holding not called anymore??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next