It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The goats of the week.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:38 am 

GreekSteel wrote:
I wasn't home so I didn't see enough of the game, or watch closely enough to comment on the goats of the game, but the little part that I did see, not to exonerate any players/coaches for subpar play/calls, looking at you bell, Bryant, run defense...but wow the officials have to be on this list as well, is blatant holding not called anymore??
Not once, but twice. Those are the ones I saw in real time and again in slow mo. Can't fucking believe the line judge didn't see them. Or they were non calls to make up for bears complaining about PI or holding a WR. Burns got away with a blatant hold of a receiver earlier. Officiating was abysmal in that regard.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:16 am 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
So...all those comparisons I’ve seen between Bryant and Randy Moss...

We chilling on those yet, or are we going to keep trying to push them?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:19 am 

R S wrote:

He's a talent unlike the league has ever seen before! Or he's Chris Henry 2.0. One of the two.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:25 am 

Laying the Wood wrote:
R S wrote:

He's a talent unlike the league has ever seen before! Or he's Chris Henry 2.0. One of the two.

Sarcasm? Please let that be sarcasm...

Some people were so ridiculous with the comparisons, I can't even tell. I've seen some posts that weren't far off from what you just said.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:11 pm 

alhill wrote:
We always play a shit game this time of year. Folks here act like this is nothing we've ever seen before.

Last year, third game we got destroyed by the Eagles and their rookie QB.

2014, we lost to the Bucs Week 4 and got blown out by the Browns Weeks 6.

2013, lost to a wretched Oakland team Week 3.

No, they lost to the Bears at Heinz Field 40-13 in Week 3, 2013. Then they went to London and lost to the lowly Vikings beginning the year 0-4.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:25 pm 

I guarantee those empty sets inside the 5 are all on Ben. It's his stamp on this offense. He learned it from his Uncle Brucey and it's gospel to him. BA leads the league in empty sets at the goal line and elsewhere.

I'm glad some more folks are starting to come around to Ben being responsible for more of our offensive woes than what many are willing to admit.

I'm not sure Haley has much input as many think. It's a collaboration and Haley does what Ben wants much of the time, imo.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:35 pm 

DP39 wrote:
I'm not sure Haley has much input as many think. It's a collaboration and Haley does what Ben wants much of the time, imo.

I don't disagree, but that really comes back to Tomlin and Haley. It's just easier for them to indulge their star QB, and also takes some of the burden off them.

Ben's numbers have been pretty good in past years, but not what they could/should have been. It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to convince him no other QB takes on this much and it's neither practical nor effective. Tomlin and Haley don't take that on because they're lazy pussies.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:52 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
DP39 wrote:

I don't disagree, but that really comes back to Tomlin and Haley. It's just easier for them to indulge their star QB, and also takes some of the burden off them.

Ben's numbers have been pretty good in past years, but not what they could/should have been. It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to convince him no other QB takes on this much and it's neither practical nor effective. Tomlin and Haley don't take that on because they're lazy pussies.

I have no idea what you are talking about but the fact is Ben has been utterly average on the road for the last 3 years. He is no HOF'er away from Heinz.

To be fair there are a few other starters like that. But not the one's who are winning games for their teams with last second drives and throws.

So if Haley and Tomlin are the cause, how come he does so well at Heinz? I take it then Tomlin and Haley only sabotage his career on the road for dastardly reason? Maybe it is a betting scandal? Fat Tony has his hooks in Coach T for gambling debts? What could it be? Come on man...

With the same coaches....same game plan...Ben has the road yips. His level of play drops drastically. He didn't lose this game for us. But he did nothing to win it either.

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:18 pm 

ChicagoSteel wrote:
I have no idea what you are talking about but the fact is Ben has been utterly average on the road for the last 3 years. He is no HOF'er away from Heinz.

LMFAO....they don't put people in the HOF for home games only.

The trend line is lower for Ben on the road than at home. Same for Aaron Rodgers. Probably just a statistical anomaly people cling to for pushing an agenda.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:37 pm 

Someone yesterday posted QB ratings for Ben at home vs. Rodgers on the road; it’s like 99.6 for Ben and Rodgers it’s 99.0

Rodgers has something like 305 TDs to 75 INTs. I don’t think Ben is as good as Rodgers, but I think Ben will have a better career and more rings when they are both done.

EDIT: it was TB, got to give him credit for the stats.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next