It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: FSBI (Fuck Steelers Best Interest!!)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:48 am 

I blame this on the players here for their failure to back their teammate bull shit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:31 am 

Kodiak wrote:
RemoAZ wrote:
Did he forget he had an Army ranger on the team making this not coming out strategy just as shitty as the game plan and preparation?

Wonder what really happened there. I think it was an oversight, because I don't think Villanueva would have defied Tomlin's edict...and there certainly would have been nothing wrong with Villanueva honoring the flag his own way from the privacy of the locker room/tunnel.

Villanueva could have been standing 15 feet further back, right there with Ben and the rest of the team behind them. I'd spin this - and it could even actually be true - that the team orchestrated that to honor their very own. Yes, we're making a statement as a team, but we're also making it very clear that we respect and honor our veterans.

Honest opinion is that nobody in that locker room thought to ask Villanueva. I am certain if they did, they would realize it was something he just could not do.

He walked out the door and they scrambled for what to do next.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:42 am 

Djb has dropped it over the target

Remember when silly Cuban said pigs get fat, hogs gets slaughtered about the NFL, several yrs ago?

That's about to come to fruition like never before

I think the Steelers past stance on respecting the flag since last year got drowned out by stupid thinking.

This nightmare, plus the awful product and the 24:7 drama Goofwell has brought on the NFL..... Get used to seeing a further decline

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/10/mark-cu ... gs-decline

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:16 am 

I wish they'd stop playing the anthem at games, and stop with all the bullshit military displays every 10 minutes! It's a sport, it doesn't need any politics or patriotism, how about we stop dragging soldiers out on the field every 10 minutes to recognize them, let's send out some teachers or paramedics or social workers that HELP PEOPLE sometimes? How about ENTIRE GAMES where we don't mention "the flag", "the troops" etc. none of that has a damn thing to do with football, The main reason for the military overkill is the Defense Department PAID FOR IT.

Me? I'm still watching my favorite TV Show, that's all it is. The protesters have legit gripes, I feel like everyone has legit gripes, the politics of America has ruined life for all of us! We used to be able to escape through sports and entertainment, now they stick politics into our fun too. Me I don't care about the anthem, I DVR the games so I can fast forward past all that useless pregame "and now to honor America" crap-I'm not watching to honor America, I'm watching to SEE FOOTBALL, all my life from when I was a little kid, I've always thought, "C'mon, get this anthem over with, and get to the reason we all showed up, THE GAME". And I will do that for the rest of the season, I'm tuning to watch football, other people's politics won't ruin my game day.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:18 am 

Nick

Your comments on the paid color guard are on point, but WE paid for that

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:19 am 

It's hilarious that this is a thing for some of you.

Seek lives promptly, play with your kids instead, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:22 am 

Lead-in to ABC's morning show (not CNN). Clip of #78 pre-game, with these words: "....and the former Army Ranger turned football player...standing alone."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:24 am 

Nick79 wrote:
I wish they'd stop playing the anthem at games, and stop with all the bullshit military displays every 10 minutes! It's a sport, it doesn't need any politics or patriotism, how about we stop dragging soldiers out on the field every 10 minutes to recognize them, let's send out some teachers or paramedics or social workers that HELP PEOPLE sometimes? How about ENTIRE GAMES where we don't mention "the flag", "the troops" etc. none of that has a damn thing to do with football, The main reason for the military overkill is the Defense Department PAID FOR IT.

Me? I'm still watching my favorite TV Show, that's all it is. The protesters have legit gripes, I feel like everyone has legit gripes, the politics of America has ruined life for all of us! We used to be able to escape through sports and entertainment, now they stick politics into our fun too. Me I don't care about the anthem, I DVR the games so I can fast forward past all that useless pregame "and now to honor America" crap-I'm not watching to honor America, I'm watching to SEE FOOTBALL, all my life from when I was a little kid, I've always thought, "C'mon, get this anthem over with, and get to the reason we all showed up, THE GAME". And I will do that for the rest of the season, I'm tuning to watch football, other people's politics won't ruin my game day.

amen...my thoughts...get the anthem crap outta all sports...uncalled for..they don't play anthem before the grammys! the Oscars! the country music awards! a stones concert is not started after the anthem...its stupid..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:24 am 

Still Lit wrote:
It's hilarious that this is a thing for some of you.

Seek lives promptly, play with your kids instead, etc.

I agree, or don't take it so seriously and watch the game, Kaepernick and the kneelers aren't bad people, they are as good as Villanueva or any of you, they just have a different point of view, so what? It's sad that now this bullshit country's politics is even shoved into what we used to escape from our bullshit politics.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:26 am 

bam morris wrote:
Nick79 wrote:

amen...my thoughts...get the anthem crap outta all sports...uncalled for..they don't play anthem before the grammys! the Oscars! the country music awards! a stones concert is not started after the anthem...its stupid..

Exactly! Do they play it before a concert, before a sitcom, before a Broadway play? Why do we need it before sports!?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next