It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Moving on, aka "fuck that game"
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:10 pm 

Zeke5123 wrote:
fortythree wrote:
955876 wrote:
Question for those jumping on AV for breaking from what the team did, would your response be the same if the team chose to stand yet one player exercised his right to kneel?

If that player came out and admitted he was wrong like AV did yes.

So a non-answer.

Not a non-answer at all.

I would consider it wrong to go back on your word to your teammates regardless of whether I agree with you or not.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:47 am 

BarryFoster wrote:
fortythree wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
Fucked up? You're fucked up.

Dude literally admitted he made a mistake.

Explain his jersey sales numbers over the past 24 hours

Yeah, and think about the team that would have came out and stood tall and proud with their hands on their hearts singing the national anthem. They would truly be America's team right now. Their ratings would be off the chart right now, but they all towed the NFL's weak ass line.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:55 am 

alancac98 wrote:

Yeah, and think about the team that would have came out and stood tall and proud with their hands on their hearts singing the national anthem. They would truly be America's team right now. Their ratings would be off the chart right now, but they all towed the NFL's weak ass line.

Standing out at the Anthem is towing the DoD line since they are paying the NFl to trot out the meat to be wrapped in the flag.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:46 am 

If you have to pay people, shame people, or dictate by league rule, to get them to participate in a spontaneous patriotic gesture, then how spontaneous is it? How sincere is it? How patriotic is it?

It is so NFL to gin up faux patriotism in order to pander to its base.

I, personally, do not define patriotism as willingness to venerate a piece of multi-colored textile or a not-very-well-written song (dude, you have to be drunk or Lady Gaga to even hit that last high note). I define it as being willing to stand for the values that supposedly define us…one of which is freedom of expression.

Still, the league rules dictate what players must do during the anthem. If you don’t like the rules, either use collective bargaining to change them, or don’t play in the league.

As always, I am not saying. I am just saying.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:51 pm 

JackSplat58 wrote:
I glad the Steelers stayed in the locker room. And I'm glad Villy did what he needed to. I would have been shocked if he didn't. This is America. People are allowed to express themselves.

The thought that this had an iota to do with the egg the team laid on the field is silly.

The Bears were better conditioned and won the long struggle. The Steelers were sloppy and made too many mistakes, and didn't take the opponent seriously enough.

Trap game. Tomlin's MO. Hardly shocking.

They'll probably spank the Rats next week.

Technically they WEREN"T in the lockerroom- they were about 10 feet behind him

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:57 pm 

Quixotic wrote:
If you have to pay people, shame people, or dictate by league rule, to get them to participate in a spontaneous patriotic gesture, then how spontaneous is it? How sincere is it? How patriotic is it?

It is so NFL to gin up faux patriotism in order to pander to its base.

I, personally, do not define patriotism as willingness to venerate a piece of multi-colored textile or a not-very-well-written song (dude, you have to be drunk or Lady Gaga to even hit that last high note). I define it as being willing to stand for the values that supposedly define us…one of which is freedom of expression.

Still, the league rules dictate what players must do during the anthem. If you don’t like the rules, either use collective bargaining to change them, or don’t play in the league.

As always, I am not saying. I am just saying.

Great post.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:06 pm 

fortythree wrote:
955876 wrote:
Question for those jumping on AV for breaking from what the team did, would your response be the same if the team chose to stand yet one player exercised his right to kneel?

He was "wrong" about walking too far. By mistake. He really didn't do anything.

Your comments about what he did have not been cohesive with how it really went down. In other words, you've come across as being hard in AV when he didn't do anything different from rest of team.

He went too far by mistake and got stuck. Felt bad for it happening as it caused controversy over some thing that wasn't as it appeared on TV.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:57 pm 

If you really want to celebrate unity, the flag and what it represents....well then maybe the socially responsible thing is to spend those 3 minutes covering what just 1 of many athletes on the field is doing in their community with their own time and money.

Maybe that's really what the players should be demanding of the league. Because, frankly, taking a knee is like running around telling people water is wet. But if instead you showcase charitable causes, then maybe you trigger positive responses in people and excite them to get involved.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:10 pm 

955876 wrote:
fortythree wrote:
955876 wrote:

He was "wrong" about walking too far. By mistake. He really didn't do anything.

Your comments about what he did have not been cohesive with how it really went down. In other words, you've come across as being hard in AV when he didn't do anything different from rest of team.

He went too far by mistake and got stuck. Felt bad for it happening as it caused controversy over some thing that wasn't as it appeared on TV.

How hard is it to know when to stop?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:31 pm 

Oh noes, he didn't stop in time.

He explained why. That wasn't enough for you.

Seems you have some sort of axe to grind over AV.

His, along with the other players explanation seemed to make sense. You single him out though as if he sought to be an individual out there.

Nobody has substansiated that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next