It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Moving on, aka "fuck that game"
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:22 pm 

I never once said he did it on purpose. I said he fucked up. Which he did.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:32 pm 

Seems you've been a bit too hard on him then if but an honest mistake?

Free to your opinion. I'm pretty done with national anthem garbage. Hopefully it'll die down.

This team has much bigger issues than AV walking too far out a tunnel.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm 

955876 wrote:
This team has much bigger issues than AV walking too far out a tunnel.

Probably the truest sentence in this entire thread.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:54 pm 

https://thinkprogress.org/nfl-dod-natio ... 82cebc7cd/

"Suckers walk, Money talks
But it can't touch my three lock box"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:56 pm 

This whole shitstorm should fall right on the shoulders of good ol' Rodger Goodall.
Paperneck should have been fined from day one for multiple infractions.
Now, Rodger's trying to protect the Shield and his arse.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:21 am 

fortythree wrote:
Quixotic wrote:
If you have to pay people, shame people, or dictate by league rule, to get them to participate in a spontaneous patriotic gesture, then how spontaneous is it? How sincere is it? How patriotic is it?

It is so NFL to gin up faux patriotism in order to pander to its base.

I, personally, do not define patriotism as willingness to venerate a piece of multi-colored textile or a not-very-well-written song (dude, you have to be drunk or Lady Gaga to even hit that last high note). I define it as being willing to stand for the values that supposedly define us…one of which is freedom of expression.

Still, the league rules dictate what players must do during the anthem. If you don’t like the rules, either use collective bargaining to change them, or don’t play in the league.

As always, I am not saying. I am just saying.

Great post.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:08 pm 

What a load of crap coming from this Steelers team. Unity... team unity...

my ass.

I don't believe one word of it. Unity is not being selfish and getting suspended for a year. Unity is not worrying about your paper and saying "this a business" as you hold out during training camp, Unity is not live streaming the locker room after a game.

These guys wanted to stay in the locker room because they didn't want to be the one who knelt while Villeneava stood. They were afraid, what would that do to their personal brand?... so they tried the locker room bullcrap because none of them had the guts to "exercise their first amendment right".

After all the nonsense this team deals with from players during the off season - Villy is the one who apologizes because he stepped out of a tunnel for people who are BY FAR more of his brother than any of these self centered assholes in that locker room ever could be.

I feel really bad for him, and I have total contempt for the selfish cowards in the locker room.

Screw this team.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:49 pm 

I am mystified how this whole pot of shit was stirred by a man behind a tweet who has stated and done things far more unpatriotic then any one of these NFL rubes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:43 pm 

Gonzo wrote:
I am mystified how this whole pot of shit was stirred by a man behind a tweet who has stated and done things far more unpatriotic then any one of these NFL rubes.

The flag/military/anthem is the dogwhistle 3rd rail in America. Even people who essentially agree with the root of the protest and who never agree with the tweeter in chief are outraged by this.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:39 pm 

dropemjaybird wrote:
What a load of crap coming from this Steelers team. Unity... team unity...

my ass.

I don't believe one word of it. Unity is not being selfish and getting suspended for a year. Unity is not worrying about your paper and saying "this a business" as you hold out during training camp, Unity is not live streaming the locker room after a game.

These guys wanted to stay in the locker room because they didn't want to be the one who knelt while Villeneava stood. They were afraid, what would that do to their personal brand?... so they tried the locker room bullcrap because none of them had the guts to "exercise their first amendment right".

After all the nonsense this team deals with from players during the off season - Villy is the one who apologizes because he stepped out of a tunnel for people who are BY FAR more of his brother than any of these self centered assholes in that locker room ever could be.

I feel really bad for him, and I have total contempt for the selfish cowards in the locker room.

Screw this team.

Post of the week. Outstanding, thank you jaybird.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next