It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Leveon Bell is a real problem for the offense
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:00 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
So Kodiak, are you implying the Steelers are purposely miss casting Bell in unimaginative roles as a means to decrease is value on tape?

LOL, no, even if that were the case I don't think Haley is smart enough to execute it. An 8-game sample was highlighted, so it's not something new this year.

I don't know what the reason is. All I know is Haley hasn't done anything to improve this offense, hardly at all, over the years. Personally, I think they are using Bell differently in the passing game and it's simply the result of some other failed mad scientist concoction from Ben/Haley.

It may be as simple as, for whatever reason, they just aren't calling plays with Bell as a primary read. It makes more sense this year with Bryant back....but, again, doesn't explain those last 5 games last year.

Post subject: Re: Leveon Bell is a real problem for the offense
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:39 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
So Kodiak, are you implying the Steelers are purposely miss casting Bell in unimaginative roles as a means to decrease is value on tape?

LOL, no, even if that were the case I don't think Haley is smart enough to execute it. An 8-game sample was highlighted, so it's not something new this year.

I don't know what the reason is. All I know is Haley hasn't done anything to improve this offense, hardly at all, over the years. Personally, I think they are using Bell differently in the passing game and it's simply the result of some other failed mad scientist concoction from Ben/Haley.

It may be as simple as, for whatever reason, they just aren't calling plays with Bell as a primary read. It makes more sense this year with Bryant back....but, again, doesn't explain those last 5 games last year.

Bell's style require him and the O-line to be in some sort of intuitive sync. No one reads how his linemen are moving and anticipates it better than Bell. It's a rare talent BUT it is also one that requires EVERYONE to be on the same page.

Missing training camp didn't affect Bell's fitness or explosion or speed. Missing camp affected that the fickle timing between him and the guys up front. It will come back later in the season but for now it is GONE.

I also didn't see our "vaunted" O-line blowing anyone off the ball like The Bears O-line did to our "vaunted" front 7. If they did, it was few and far between.

But that is besides the point. Bell found holes out of thin air with his style last year. This year, they are all still in preseason mode.

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.