It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Calm Down Thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:03 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
steelmann58 wrote:
The way this team loses to bad team and people wonder why they never get home field come playoffs time

How do we know Chicago is a bad team? Especially playing at home?

We're the #2 seed if the playoffs started now, and we play #1, #3, & #4 along the way, plus 2x vs #5.

When you lose to a team that didn't even pretend to pass the ball and had but 101 total passing yards you played bad yourself. Real real bad.

That's a 1972 box score.

Chicago was a 3-13 team last year off to an 0-2 start this year. When you are coming off an AFCCG appearance and fancy yourself a legit contender then a team like Chicago has to be the epitome of a "bad team".

There was an article today in the Trib I believe where Moats came out and said the team wasn't focused. That they spent too much time Saturday and Sunday discussing and focusing on the anthem bullshit.

Tomlin's message should have been we are hear to win a football game. Period.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:01 pm 

guess what: by all accounts, that WAS Tomlin's message. 'Do whatever you do as a team, because we need to be focused on winning a football game and not let those distractions become a problem'.

He said it, the players said it, everyone said it-- but you are not listening to the words or hearing what anyone says... you have your predetermined script and you are forcing new info to fit into it.

You are the Todd Haley of 'one-note-samba', square peg round hole, stick to the script argument on this topic.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:32 pm 

Do you guys really think this is not a 10 win team? I'm with B2B on this. This team loses one game like this EVERY YEAR. Every damn year. The AFC North is awful this year. Some folks on here are only predicting a total of 6-8 wins for the entire year? Really? I understand being upset about that shitfest but come on. They could make the playoffs in this division by default.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:40 pm 

They don't hold the Super Bowl in September. Let's see what we look like in December.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:44 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
guess what: by all accounts, that WAS Tomlin's message. 'Do whatever you do as a team, because we need to be focused on winning a football game and not let those distractions become a problem'.

He said it, the players said it, everyone said it-- but you are not listening to the words or hearing what anyone says... you have your predetermined script and you are forcing new info to fit into it.

You are the Todd Haley of 'one-note-samba', square peg round hole, stick to the script argument on this topic.

Ummmm I suppose you missed all the player comments about spending "too much time Sat & Sun focusing on the anthem stuff"

Tomlin can say something. It's getting the team focused back on the task at hand that he didn't do.

Bottom line, the team was very unfocused.

Tomlin is all talk. That is becoming real evident.

It's not what he says but what he does or does not do.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:44 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
They don't hold the Super Bowl in September. Let's see what we look like in December.

Hopefully much different than they just looked in January.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:48 pm 

955876 wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:

If you compare the two rosters you might see some differences.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:57 pm 

955876 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Ummmm I suppose you missed all the player comments about spending "too much time Sat & Sun focusing on the anthem stuff"

Tomlin can say something. It's getting the team focused back on the task at hand that he didn't do.

Been evident for YEARS, '95, ever since, "We play to win, Baby," in the '07 playoffs. Exceedingly Well Developed Line of Bullshit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:58 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
955876 wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:

If you compare the two rosters you might see some differences.

I do.

But I see the same below the line coaching too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:01 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
955876 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Been evident for YEARS, '95, ever since, "We play to win, Baby," in the '07 playoffs. Exceedingly Well Developed Line of Bullshit.

True. But back then I was a fan of his. And in 08, 09, 10 (started wain slightly with "ease into SB"), 11

I think after the Tebow game was when I started having some doubts but still liked the guy and thought he was right man for the job.

No longer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next