It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ravens
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:48 pm 

Thought it was time to start a non-political thread about our next opponent....fresh off their ass-raping from the Jags. Flacco was in rare form....let’s hope the trend continues. Just once I’d like to stomp that ass on their home field....

Post subject: Re: Ravens
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:49 pm 

I love you Punum.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:54 pm 

Ravens o line is a mess without Yanda. Jags front tortured them. I still can't figure out how the Ravens D was abused that bad. They'll be angry this week. I expect a low scoring shit fest.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:55 pm 

SP wrote:
I love you Punum.

Think you kind of have to accept that, for the time being, politics and football are going to be one and the same. This site is an avenue for Steeler discussion. If people want to discuss the Steelers, politics is going to be part of the conversation as well. Maybe leave a single thread open for political discussion in the general forum? My $0.02.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:58 pm 

You're right, for once you can't separate politics and social issues from football and I think that's why many are so pissed. It's supposed to be an escape and entertainment, these players are finding out the hard way.

So, Joe Flacco... Elite or not?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:59 pm 

Laying the Wood wrote:
SP wrote:
I love you Punum.

Think you kind of have to accept that, for the time being, politics and football are going to be one and the same. This site is an avenue for Steeler discussion. If people want to discuss the Steelers, politics is going to be part of the conversation as well. Maybe leave a single thread open for political discussion in the general forum? My $0.02.

Totally agree

Reality is the Steelers are in the thick of political news right now

I think we are all adults here

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:07 pm 

While the egg the Steelers laid against the Bears wasn't quite as bad as the egg the Ravens laid in London it could be that both these teams were overlooking their respective opponents for what I'm sure what both teams thought would be two undefeated teams battling for early control of the division.

Man, you guys think Ben was bad yesterday did you get a look at Flacco? I'm sure they'll spin it that he missed all of camp but he played like a guy who needs to hang em up or be shown the door along with his insane contract.

The Ravens run defense was as bad as the Steelers. They were missing their stud DT Brandon Williams while the steelers sorely missed their stud de stephon tuitt. Look for both inept OCs to run, run, then run some more. Todd may as well go dust off Ron earhardts old playbook for a few pointers and Keith butler should see if Levon Kirkland can suit up this weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:08 pm 

SP wrote:
Ravens o line is a mess without Yanda. Jags front tortured them. I still can't figure out how the Ravens D was abused that bad. They'll be angry this week. I expect a low scoring shit fest.

Tomlin and Haley will make sure it's a low scoring shit fest before the Ravens defense has a chance to do anything.

Hoping for a blowout win but I have zero confidence.

But I will say if they come out in Baltimore and win amid all these distractions...i better not see people question Tomlin's ability to have his team prepared to play on the road against shit teams.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:09 pm 

Joe Flacco is playing even worse than usual because his back is fucked up. Plus his protection blows and his receiving corps is incredibad. Mike Wallace made me LOL when reaching his arms out like a waiter to attempt a catch instead of leaving his feet for a relatively easy play.

Of course, the Steelers played nearly as bad the first three weeks, so...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:10 pm 

I think we should spend this week making sure Boswell's leg is nice and loose. Wouldn't want him to pull a muscle ahead of his most important game of the season so far. Todd will find a way to scheme him into the mix early and often. If we can hold the Ravens to 4 FGs I think we can beat them with our 5th.