It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ravens
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:15 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
While the egg the Steelers laid against the Bears wasn't quite as bad as the egg the Ravens laid in London it could be that both these teams were overlooking their respective opponents for what I'm sure what both teams thought would be two undefeated teams battling for early control of the division.

Man, you guys think Ben was bad yesterday did you get a look at Flacco? I'm sure they'll spin it that he missed all of camp but he played like a guy who needs to hang em up or be shown the door along with his insane contract.

The Ravens run defense was as bad as the Steelers. They were missing their stud DT Brandon Williams while the steelers sorely missed their stud de stephon tuitt. Look for both inept OCs to run, run, then run some more. Todd may as well go dust off Ron earhardts old playbook for a few pointers and Keith butler should see if Levon Kirkland can suit up this weekend.

Jags went at weaknesses in Ravens D and O. They loaded box and manned up WRs. Flacco suddenly with no Pita, Juz or Woodhead has fuck all ways to combat that. It showed.

On O Jags isolated Ravens LBers in coverage: over, over and over again. They feasted in middle of the field. In run game they went right at Ravens replacement for Williams: Henry. He actually did fine but even middling success made play action for Jags deadly.

Jags also attacked Weddle and now I'm convinced he has gotten slower. It showed on film in first two games then stuck out like a sore thumb yesterday.

Also Jags took away the man around which Ravens D clicks: Suggs. He was chipped and doubled with TE help from snap one. Few times rookie Robinson had to handle him 1 v 1 Bortles got ball out fast underneath.

Steelers need to spread Ravens out and attack middle of field. Get AB, Bryant & Bell isolated on a Lber or safety.

Steelers if Gilbert is back need to take Suggs out of the game.

Steelers need to load the box and force Flacco to make plays.

Steelers need to avoid litany of dumb fucking pens, catch punts and not let FGs get blocked.

I don't have much faith all of this will happen. Instead it will be usual fist fight with team making odd play more winning.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:39 pm 

SP wrote:
You're right, for once you can't separate politics and social issues from football and I think that's why many are so pissed. It's supposed to be an escape and entertainment, these players are finding out the hard way.

So, Joe Flacco... Elite or not?

Elite pay check product on the field less so.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:00 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Of course, the Steelers played nearly as bad the first three weeks, so...
Yup. No confidence here based on what I saw on sunday. Doesn't matter what flacco did against the jags. He'll be ready for the steelers, as will the rest of the team.

It's gonna be another slug fest. . .

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:10 pm 

This could be a very boring game. Two inept offenses and mediocre defenses.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:17 pm 

R S wrote:

We tip our hat to the rivalry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:21 pm 

SP wrote:
I love you Punum.

Thanks for the love SP.... :lol:
I watched the entire game and was in awe of the Jags....relentless on defense. In Flacco’s face....daring that fucker to make a play deep.
Wallace did his Bryant imitation and pulled up lame for a catchable pass...
Ravens O-line is a mess. We have to find a way to exploit that. Not fixable in a week.
I would take the same gamble and take away Joe’s checkdown options....his back might be a bigger problem than he’s letting on....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:27 pm 

steelclan wrote:
SteelDrama wrote:
While the egg the Steelers laid against the Bears wasn't quite as bad as the egg the Ravens laid in London it could be that both these teams were overlooking their respective opponents for what I'm sure what both teams thought would be two undefeated teams battling for early control of the division.

Man, you guys think Ben was bad yesterday did you get a look at Flacco? I'm sure they'll spin it that he missed all of camp but he played like a guy who needs to hang em up or be shown the door along with his insane contract.

The Ravens run defense was as bad as the Steelers. They were missing their stud DT Brandon Williams while the steelers sorely missed their stud de stephon tuitt. Look for both inept OCs to run, run, then run some more. Todd may as well go dust off Ron earhardts old playbook for a few pointers and Keith butler should see if Levon Kirkland can suit up this weekend.

Jags went at weaknesses in Ravens D and O. They loaded box and manned up WRs. Flacco suddenly with no Pita, Juz or Woodhead has fuck all ways to combat that. It showed.

On O Jags isolated Ravens LBers in coverage: over, over and over again. They feasted in middle of the field. In run game they went right at Ravens replacement for Williams: Henry. He actually did fine but even middling success made play action for Jags deadly.

Jags also attacked Weddle and now I'm convinced he has gotten slower. It showed on film in first two games then stuck out like a sore thumb yesterday.

Also Jags took away the man around which Ravens D clicks: Suggs. He was chipped and doubled with TE help from snap one. Few times rookie Robinson had to handle him 1 v 1 Bortles got ball out fast underneath.

Steelers need to spread Ravens out and attack middle of field. Get AB, Bryant & Bell isolated on a Lber or safety.

Steelers if Gilbert is back need to take Suggs out of the game.

Steelers need to load the box and force Flacco to make plays.

Steelers need to avoid litany of dumb fucking pens, catch punts and not let FGs get blocked.

I don't have much faith all of this will happen. Instead it will be usual fist fight with team making odd play more winning.

I agree with all of this, but you and I both know “attacking” anything will not happen. This offense will take whatever Baltimore will give and try the death-by-a-thousand-Boswells approach.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:03 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
This offense will take whatever Baltimore will give....

Wrong, we will do what we do, as always....and, as always, BAL will be ready for it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:03 pm 

R S wrote:

Butter sharpening butter :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:43 pm 

As bad of shape as the ravens are in right now the Steelers will still play down to them and lose this game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next