It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ravens
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:45 pm 

Do u think Ben targets AB as much this game?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:47 pm 

punum123 wrote:

Well, AB will get 3 or 4 bubble screens.....so, probably.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:38 am 

Kodiak wrote:
punum123 wrote:

The irony is if Haley ran more bubble screens v Bears it would have been successful. The biggest fail of Steeler offense is not exploiting other teams weaknesses near enough. On re-watch Ju Ju and Rogers had single coverage v Lbers/Safeties. Haley/Ben have to see that and take advantage. The one time they did? Ju Ju had a big play. Jags with lesser talent going against a better D than Bears did exactly this and it rendered the Ravens D helpless.

Haley's offense is all over the place. From week to week it focuses in on one main theme which is fine if it attacks an opponent's weakness and when they adjust to compensate Steelers attack whatever part of D got weakened as a result. They don't it is square peg in round hole: "we're going to play this way and nevermind what other team is doing."

Jags by contrast did things Rats never saw coming: had Bortles attack deep early. Ravens adjust by putting safeties deep and left huge spaces over short/medium middle of field. Jags promptly chewed them up in that exact area. Rats tried to compensate and Jags sent Lewis deep on play action = TD.

Bortles and Jags offense is nowhere close to Steelers in talent with exception of Lewis. Yet why do I feel like Steelers will yet again bang their collective heads against a raven brick wall and have the expression of a punch drunk moron when plan A doesn't work. Then in 4th quarter suddenly: "Oh fuck it lets spread them out!"

Go watch that 4th quarter from last season. It is exactly how Ravens D should be played from the opening snap. Williams and Pierce so gassed they both rode pine. Suggs doubled/chipped so no pass rush and Steelers attacking all over the field everytime they saw a weakness: Ayers on LBer? Rogers v #4 CB? Check. Bell in open field? Check. Running in spread? Check. AB lined up all over the place to find favorable match ups? Check.

It is time for the governor to come off on snap 1 not when game is still in question in 4th quarter.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:45 am 

Exactly what I've been saying about Christmas game-- once the Steelers got behind, they played actual NFL offense and blew by the Ravens.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:01 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Exactly what I've been saying about Christmas game-- once the Steelers got behind, they played actual NFL offense and blew by the Ravens.

Let's never forget Tomlin prior to SB 45. He said he just wanted to ease into the game. I honestly believe he thinks it is ok to start slow, keep it close, and then win in the end. We make things a lot harder than they need to be with this stupid mentality.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:10 pm 

It was a weird week. I remember watching the taker for a number of upsets in near upsets. Pats Texans. Fins jets. Bills Broncos

But yeah I hope the rats are simply spent. If we crush them I'll be forgetting this bears fiasco a lot better

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:34 am 

steelclan wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
punum123 wrote:

The irony is if Haley ran more bubble screens v Bears it would have been successful. The biggest fail of Steeler offense is not exploiting other teams weaknesses near enough. On re-watch Ju Ju and Rogers had single coverage v Lbers/Safeties. Haley/Ben have to see that and take advantage. The one time they did? Ju Ju had a big play. Jags with lesser talent going against a better D than Bears did exactly this and it rendered the Ravens D helpless.

Haley's offense is all over the place. From week to week it focuses in on one main theme which is fine if it attacks an opponent's weakness and when they adjust to compensate Steelers attack whatever part of D got weakened as a result. They don't it is square peg in round hole: "we're going to play this way and nevermind what other team is doing."

Jags by contrast did things Rats never saw coming: had Bortles attack deep early. Ravens adjust by putting safeties deep and left huge spaces over short/medium middle of field. Jags promptly chewed them up in that exact area. Rats tried to compensate and Jags sent Lewis deep on play action = TD.

Bortles and Jags offense is nowhere close to Steelers in talent with exception of Lewis. Yet why do I feel like Steelers will yet again bang their collective heads against a raven brick wall and have the expression of a punch drunk moron when plan A doesn't work. Then in 4th quarter suddenly: "Oh fuck it lets spread them out!"

Go watch that 4th quarter from last season. It is exactly how Ravens D should be played from the opening snap. Williams and Pierce so gassed they both rode pine. Suggs doubled/chipped so no pass rush and Steelers attacking all over the field everytime they saw a weakness: Ayers on LBer? Rogers v #4 CB? Check. Bell in open field? Check. Running in spread? Check. AB lined up all over the place to find favorable match ups? Check.

It is time for the governor to come off on snap 1 not when game is still in question in 4th quarter.

Wonderful post. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:49 am 

franco32 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Let's never forget Tomlin prior to SB 45. He said he just wanted to ease into the game. I honestly believe he thinks it is ok to start slow, keep it close, and then win in the end. We make things a lot harder than they need to be with this stupid mentality.

He said as much the night the Steelers played the Ravens on Thanksgiving in 2013. He said "Our goal is to limit mistakes and not give them any momentum".

So the Steelers opened ridiculously conservative and fell behind first 13-0 and then 19-7 before they finally trotted out a real NFL offense and of course fell short by two points.

Tomlin learned one game strategy from his early years as coach when he had a legendary defense.

He has not changed up to fly with the times ever since.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:51 am 

Normally after a week like this I'd expect a team to unite and come out playing ball. But this team has proven so mentally weak I have no confidence that'll happen. Put me down for a low scoring affair with a lot of punts.

Tomlin continues to gameplan the ravens as has been discussed in this thread, imo, because it worked in his early days....when both teams' defenses were dominant and Ben was a 4th quarter machine that was all but guaranteed to lead the team downfield late.

Tomlin hasn't adapted to the new state of either team's defenses or his qb who's comebacks are not as certain.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:15 am 

Because Tomlin we lose in a tightly fought, physical game that we end up tipping our cap to the Ravens

I am so sick of the garbage on display by this "championship caliber" Steeler team.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next