It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Coaches are under using Hargrave
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:25 am 

Guy needs to be a 3 down player. Enough with the NT 2 down tag. After re-watch (it was fucking frustrating) it became obvious interior of line was fine v the run. Bears ran a ton of outside zone and edge defenders (especially Chick) got tooled. Inside of line wasn't fantastic by any means but they did their jobs especially Hargrave.

On brief occasions Bears decided to pass Hargrave caused havoc. He has repeatedly done this in first 3 games yet gets yanked off the field on most 3rd and medium/long situations. He needs to stay on the field. Most centers in 1 v 1 in pass rush are going to struggle v Hargrave. He has 2 sacks and a bunch of pressures in smallish sample size v pass. Given how interior pass rush is easiest way to blow up the pocket why do Butler and Tomlin insist on Hargrave coming off the field so much?

Is it a fatigue issue? If it isn't then my non experts eyes tell me pulling him off the field is fucking asinine especially when Tuitt comes back. Those 2 alone can open up a can of worms for opposing offenses that might even makes us think the D can be as good as some think it can.

I don't get it at all. Maybe someone can explain it to me.

Post subject: Re: Coaches are under using Hargrave
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:47 am 

Couldn't agree more Clan, we continually don't put our best pass rushers on the field, including James Harrison. Seriously though, what has James done to piss of someone? It's ridiculous that he hasn't seen the field.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:53 am 

I think Deebo is done and the coaches know it. That may be the best explanation for that. I agree about Hargrave needing to play more.

I know Chick had a bad game, but it wasn't just him. Think about all the missed tackles. That wasn't just Anthony Chickillo. That was Bud #1 pick Dupree, Shazier, Vince Williams, Heyward....the list is endless.

ILB was a big part of the reason we sucked. The ILBs didn't flow well on the stretch runs. Shazier was out of position far too often and VW was often washed out or not getting to the hole quick enough. Butler did nothing to adjust. He had a very poor game calling the plays.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:04 pm 

If Deebo is done, why is he still dressing for the games each week at the expense of a player who can still play?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:05 pm 

The problem is conditioning. Hargrave is quick to tap the helmet and pull himself from games.

The Steelers want to use Hargrave more...His lack of conditioning doesnt allow that to happen.

Weight room shape is not football shape. Hargrave has ability. He has a ton of room for improvement. At this point he is 25-30 snaps a game player.

I know it won't be popular and I will be thought of as a negative Nancy dickhead....The film don't lie.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:45 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
If Deebo is done, why is he still dressing for the games each week at the expense of a player who can still play?

Because we like our veteran safety blankets. Just like DHB.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:02 pm 

FC wrote:
The problem is conditioning. Hargrave is quick to tap the helmet and pull himself from games.

The Steelers want to use Hargrave more...His lack of conditioning doesnt allow that to happen.

Weight room shape is not football shape. Hargrave has ability. He has a ton of room for improvement. At this point he is 25-30 snaps a game player.

I know it won't be popular and I will be thought of as a negative Nancy dickhead....The film don't lie.

Fair enough. Shame hopefully he can overcome that because on the field his impact is considerable.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:04 pm 

Not really sure where else to put this, but it's kind of relevant. I didn't think it warranted its own thread.

Alex Kozora‏ @Alex_Kozora 5m5 minutes ago

In Dick LeBeau's 13 years as Steelers' DC, he allowed 1 team to rush for 200+.

It's happened to Keith Butler 3 times in the last 14 games.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:12 pm 

Steel Mike wrote:
Not really sure where else to put this, but it's kind of relevant. I didn't think it warranted its own thread.

Alex Kozora‏ @Alex_Kozora 5m5 minutes ago

In Dick LeBeau's 13 years as Steelers' DC, he allowed 1 team to rush for 200+.

It's happened to Keith Butler 3 times in the last 14 games.

Casey Hampton and Aaron Smith were immovable objects. Polamalu was an all-world force, especially against the run. James Farrior was our best ILB in the last 15 years. Harrison and Woodley, in their primes, were the best OLB tandem in the league. Ike and DeShea, and even B-Mac, played the run as well as any CBs in the league. That was a good fucking defense we enjoyed, fellas.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:38 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Ding ding.

And that's the thing with Tomlin. When you think something is done for a reason there tends to be a counter that offsets it.

Is Harrison so done he can't even come in for some reps in run support?