It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Letter from Art Rooney, II to Steelers Nation
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:15 pm 

Al standing out there by himself, without the rest of his teammates, made himself look like a Super Patriot and the rest of the Steelers look like jagoffs. That's why his jersey is now the #1 Selling NFL jersey.

If I'm Al's teammate, i'd be pretty fucking pissed off

He knew what their plan was, and he told the team to basically fuck off, I'm going alone.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:20 pm 

Ben's Take:

Quote:
On Tuesday, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said on 93.7 The Fan that it was a well-intentioned plan that turned negative due to miscommunication. "I wish we had more time to talk and discuss" how to handle Sunday at Soldier Field, he said.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:25 pm 

I just don't get it..
I know this is a hot topic and several people think differently here...
Steelers have never sat or kneeled during the anthem.. why not just keep doing what your doing.. why the change?? it seems it brought more light than if they would have just ignored the political BS and just gone out stand hand over heart and move out and play football..

As a 20+ year vet I fought and bled in 3 different conflicts so these over privileged young adults can protest during the national anthem.. so be it.. That is what I signed up to protect.
all I really want is Saturday and Sunday free of politics and Bullshit.. So I can watch my Penn State / Pittsburgh Steelers kick ass..

I just think its ok to salute our vets and appreciate what they do.. Trust me I have seen and done stuff that still wakes me at night.. But that is Nothing to the guys today that serve today in Iraq and the Stan....
Kicking down doors not knowing what' waiting for them on the other side.. Patrolling streets/villages with thousands of places to be ambushed.. IED's Killing and wounding.. seeing your best friend blown up right in front of you.. Coming home with massive PTSD or missing limbs...

I think these players can set there Politics aside for just a few minutes and then play the game...

That's all I got to say about that... I am really pissed at this but will get over it as always.. Not that big of a deal...
But remember while these football players have been coddled since pee wee football given a pass in HS and College, Most are still dumb as a box of rocks.. but they are making million's, play a few years then become an insurance agent... That soldier make shit for money and is deployed half his life.

My kids use to ask my wife " Hey mom who is that dude with the rucksack, bag of dirty laundry and a hard on" Oh that's your father...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:27 pm 

steel wrote:
Al standing out there by himself, without the rest of his teammates, made himself look like a Super Patriot and the rest of the Steelers look like jagoffs. That's why his jersey is now the #1 Selling NFL jersey.

He knew what their plan was, and he told the team to basically fuck off, I'm going alone.

Maybe he felt being a West Point graduate, an Army Ranger and a Bronze Medal recipient and having served 3 tours of duty in Afghanistan that he is held to a higher standard by his peers (servicemen past and current, not the dopes on the team) and for him, it was the choice he needed to make.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:28 pm 

fortythree wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Poor execution because Villanueva screwed up.

Al just gave the media and fans an additional narrative to cling to. There was going to be "hell to pay" either way.

Are you insinuating that Villanueva is a liar?

HE'S THE ONLY REAL MAN ON THE TEAM!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:43 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
steel wrote:

Maybe he felt being a West Point graduate, an Army Ranger and a Bronze Medal recipient and having served 3 tours of duty in Afghanistan that he is held to a higher standard by his peers (servicemen past and current, not the dopes on the team) and for him, it was the choice he needed to make.

he's no longer in west point, hes not a ranger -- he's a pittsburgh steeler player, and he made his teammates look BAD

Al admitted it himself

he fucked up BIG TIME

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:48 pm 

steel wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
steel wrote:

he's no longer in west point, hes not a ranger -- he's a pittsburgh steeler player, and he made his teammates look BAD

Al admitted it himself

he fucked up BIG TIME

Maybe to you he fucked up

A lot of people respected what he did, myself included

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:53 pm 

That's it, I'm burning his jersey with the rest!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:07 pm 

The second the Steelers realized they wanted to respond, it should have been 1) upper management and FO 2) Steelers PR and 3) team attorneys all coming up with a response the team was to follow. Getting input from the players and coaches is fine, but this ordeal is such a clusterfuck that leaving it up to the “employees” was the wrong call and now you have a PR disaster.

This is why those people are paid what they are paid and it was a botch job from the start.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:09 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
The second the Steelers realized they wanted to respond, it should have been 1) upper management and FO 2) Steelers PR and 3) team attorneys all coming up with a response the team was to follow. Getting input from the players and coaches is fine, but this ordeal is such a clusterfuck that leaving it up to the “employees” was the wrong call and now you have a PR disaster.

This is why those people are paid what they are paid and it was a botch job from the start.

I'm not sure this could have happened without Art II's blessing. I really don't think it did.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next