It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: A Letter from Art Rooney, II to Steelers Nation
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1002
Guys, the team met and said they would stay in the tunnel. Later, Al went to Team Leadership (like any good soldier would) and asked (because of his conflict on the issue - which he has more than earned) if he could stand at the front of the tunnel to see the flag. Ben et al, said sure and thought it was the right thing to do (as I'm sure not a single player would've disagreed with if asked). Al went out just far enough to see the flag and stopped as he said he would. Some other folks passing by got in the way while the anthem was starting so Ben and the rest of the guys up front decided to not move (up to Al) while the Anthem was playing (out of respect). The rest of the team would have followed them the extra 20 feet if Ben and the front line would've moved put they didn't get the chance. Ben even said in his presser he wished he would've just moved up to Al during the starting of the anthem, but he didn't. Al didn't even know they weren't standing directly behind them until after seeing the pics. Then the shit storm commenced. AL, being the consummate soldier, took one for the team, coaches and organization before even making any excuses what so ever. "It's all on me, no one else." He is deflecting all bullets...he's throwing himself on this grenade. How can people not see that.

Maybe it's me and my experiences. I have very good friends who have died, fought on the front lines, DEVGRU buddies, Top Gun & Blue Angle pilots, Admirals and much more. Truly not bragging, I just have a lot of experience with the code these type of men (and women) live by. Al is just that....a true elite soldier, doing what they do and living his life that way, even as a Steeler.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Letter from Art Rooney, II to Steelers Nation
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 1912
No he was supposed to stop where the team did. Otherwise they're not in the tunnel.

He fucked up. He owned up to it. Now he just needs to play better on Sunday.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Letter from Art Rooney, II to Steelers Nation
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 3169
DP39 wrote:
Guys, the team met and said they would stay in the tunnel. Later, Al went to Team Leadership (like any good soldier would) and asked (because of his conflict on the issue - which he has more than earned) if he could stand at the front of the tunnel to see the flag. Ben et al, said sure and thought it was the right thing to do (as I'm sure not a single player would've disagreed with if asked). Al went out just far enough to see the flag and stopped as he said he would. Some other folks passing by got in the way while the anthem was starting so Ben and the rest of the guys up front decided to not move (up to Al) while the Anthem was playing (out of respect). The rest of the team would have followed them the extra 20 feet if Ben and the front line would've moved put they didn't get the chance. Ben even said in his presser he wished he would've just moved up to Al during the starting of the anthem, but he didn't. Al didn't even know they weren't standing directly behind them until after seeing the pics. Then the shit storm commenced. AL, being the consummate soldier, took one for the team, coaches and organization before even making any excuses what so ever. "It's all on me, no one else." He is deflecting all bullets...he's throwing himself on this grenade. How can people not see that.

Maybe it's me and my experiences. I have very good friends who have died, fought on the front lines, DEVGRU buddies, Top Gun & Blue Angle pilots, Admirals and much more. Truly not bragging, I just have a lot of experience with the code these type of men (and women) live by. Al is just that....a true elite soldier, doing what they do and living his life that way, even as a Steeler.


Villa will be my favorite Steeler until he leaves, hopefully a long time from now.

_________________
Because Tomlin.
Team STD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Letter from Art Rooney, II to Steelers Nation
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 1912
Every now and then I like to get real excited about a guy who isn't that good too. It's like a sport trying to keep rooting for a guy when I know he's not that good.

I call it The Pedro Alvarez Game.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Letter from Art Rooney, II to Steelers Nation
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1002
fortythree wrote:
No he was supposed to stop where the team did. Otherwise they're not in the tunnel.

He fucked up. He owned up to it. Now he just needs to play better on Sunday.


No, his purpose of asking Ben if he could go to the front was to see the flag and Ben et al said okay. He did what he said he was going to do and nothing more. The shit storm then commenced and he threw himself on the grenade to protect everyone else. He is embarrassed. It's the way true selfless soldiers are trained to think/act. Even if every other person in the stadium screwed up (not saying they did), when the bullets started to fly he would've still taken 100% of the blame. It's called selfless honor. Some people will never understand it I guess.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Letter from Art Rooney, II to Steelers Nation
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 8071
fortythree wrote:
No he was supposed to stop where the team did. Otherwise they're not in the tunnel.

He fucked up. He owned up to it. Now he just needs to play better on Sunday.



This.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Letter from Art Rooney, II to Steelers Nation
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 1912
DP39 wrote:
fortythree wrote:
No he was supposed to stop where the team did. Otherwise they're not in the tunnel.

He fucked up. He owned up to it. Now he just needs to play better on Sunday.


No, his purpose of asking Ben if he could go to the front was to see the flag and Ben et al said okay. He did what he said he was going to do and nothing more. The shit storm then commenced and he threw himself on the grenade to protect everyone else. He is embarrassed. It's the way true selfless soldiers are trained to think/act. Even if every other person in the stadium screwed up (not saying they did), when the bullets started to fly he would still took 100% of the blame. It's called selfless honor. Some people will never understand it I guess.


Then he doesn't know the definition of the word tunnel and I'm not sure I want a guy like that trying to protect Ben's blindside.

Thats why your theory makes no sense.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Letter from Art Rooney, II to Steelers Nation
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1002
fortythree wrote:
DP39 wrote:
fortythree wrote:
No he was supposed to stop where the team did. Otherwise they're not in the tunnel.

He fucked up. He owned up to it. Now he just needs to play better on Sunday.


No, his purpose of asking Ben if he could go to the front was to see the flag and Ben et al said okay. He did what he said he was going to do and nothing more. The shit storm then commenced and he threw himself on the grenade to protect everyone else. He is embarrassed. It's the way true selfless soldiers are trained to think/act. Even if every other person in the stadium screwed up (not saying they did), when the bullets started to fly he would still took 100% of the blame. It's called selfless honor. Some people will never understand it I guess.


Then he doesn't know the definition of the word tunnel and I'm not sure I want a guy like that trying to protect Ben's blindside.

Thats why your theory makes no sense.

Why would a guy ask to be up front to see the flag and stay inside the tunnel if he can't see it from inside the tunnel. Your argument of staying in the tunnel is the one that makes no sense. Obviously if he (and the ones a few lines behind him) have to walk a few feet out so Al can see the flag then it's understood that's what will happen. This happen because he wanted to see the flag and it was agreed upon by team leadership that would happen with them right behind him, even if it meant going a few feet out of the tunnel for a few folks. Your just being silly now. It's okay, I realize your not going to give in even if you know you're wrong. I'm done wasting my time. Maybe one day when you get old enough you'll have the privilege of knowing true honorable soldiers and really understanding them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Letter from Art Rooney, II to Steelers Nation
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 1912
If the entire idea is to stay inside the tunnel then he should stay in the fucking tunnel. It's not hard to understand. As a guy used to taking orders he should understand that. If he needs to see the flag then don't agree to stand in the tunnel.

If your theory is right he tried to have it both ways and fucked it all up.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Letter from Art Rooney, II to Steelers Nation
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1002
fortythree wrote:
If the entire idea is to stay inside the tunnel then he should stay in the fucking tunnel. It's not hard to understand. As a guy used to taking orders he should understand that. If he needs to see the flag then don't agree to stand in the tunnel.

If your theory is right he tried to have it both ways and fucked it all up.

I'll break my rule and say one more thing. Only because it's know obvious to me that haven't watched all of the pressers from the folks in question. If you had, you would know the original plan on Saturday night was to stay in the tunnel, then Al approached numerous players (team Leadership) on Sunday and ask if he could come up front and out far enough to see the flag (which meant possibly coming out of the tunnel a few feet by the first few folks in line) and they agreed to tweak/change the plan (out of their tremendous respect for Al - for which you have none I can see (Mr. the flag is a symbol for simple people - and it's all I need to know about you)).

This discussion between us reminds me of some I've had here with someone about plays in a certain game and after about 45 minutes of going back and forth they have the balls to say, well I didn't actually see the game because I was shopping with my wife. Hope you bought a nice wand for the harry potter, fantasy land you obviously live in.... :lol: Now, I'm really done.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SOCALSTEEL, swissvale72, VanWilder and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group