It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dialing back offensive expecations
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:53 pm 

Sometimes simplifying the playbook is a good thing.

The Patriots run...what...about 3-5 basic plays?

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:11 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:
Personally I'm not dialing back expectations. I'm cranking them up. Maybe not a lot but up.

I said for the vikes steelers would get 4 td. Didn't get there but that's ok. I'll say rats they get 5 tds

Please clean out the bong water before you pass it along

They're currently ranked 22. That sucks. I don't think anyone's fist pumping about that stat. But the very fact that we recognize it sucks means they're capable of doing better.

So yeah I'm not giving up after three games in.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:32 pm 

Quote:
“I haven't been that special player yet,” he said. “I've been kind of just playing football. So I have to go out there and be the special player I can be.” http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/127 ... a-big-play

Here's a good bit of info.

Also looks like the secondary may have taken a huge hit last week.

Quote:
INJURY REPORT

Marcus Gilbert was downgraded, and Sean Davis and Mike Mitchell upgraded on the injury report.

Gilbert (hamstring) was a limited practice participant after practicing fully the day prior. Also limited were starting safeties Davis (ankle) and Mitchell (hamstring) — neither of whom practiced Wednesday.

Linebacker Bud Dupree and tight end Jesse James remained limited because of shoulder injuries.

Guard Ramon Foster (thumb) and receiver Martavis Bryant (illness) sat out practice for the second consecutive day, and defensive end Stephon Tuitt (biceps) and linebacker T.J. Watt (groin) practiced fully for the second consecutive day.

Ben Roethlisberger and Bell returned to practice after sitting out Wednesday for non-injury reasons. Bell said he was excused for personal reasons.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:47 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:
Personally I'm not dialing back expectations. I'm cranking them up. Maybe not a lot but up.

I said for the vikes steelers would get 4 td. Didn't get there but that's ok. I'll say rats they get 5 tds

Please clean out the bong water before you pass it along

They're currently ranked 22. That sucks. I don't think anyone's fist pumping about that stat. But the very fact that we recognize it sucks means they're capable of doing better.

So yeah I'm not giving up after three games in.

Steelers offense rank 6th in DVOA-- it's not like they've sucked out loud.... just dysfunctional and inconsistent. Granted, DVOA will begin to include strength of 2017 defenses faced as of next week, but, still, offense is winning on a per down basis.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:56 pm 

The offense has scored six TDs in three games.

That's the only metric that counts right now.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:01 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
The offense has scored six TDs in three games.

That's the only metric that counts right now.
Actually, the only metric that counts right now is 2-1. I'm optimistic. They might not win by a large margin against the ravens, but I'm thinking they will bounce back defensively, and the offense will do enough in key moments to win it. And then the only metric that counts would be the 3-1. Although I do share your concerns about TD's.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:20 pm 

Quote:

Please clean out the bong water before you pass it along[/quote]

So yeah I'm not giving up after three games in.[/quote]
Steelers offense rank 6th in DVOA-- it's not like they've sucked out loud.... just dysfunctional and inconsistent. Granted, DVOA will begin to include strength of 2017 defenses faced as of next week, but, still, offense is winning on a per down basis.[/quote]

Good point. They're still bad as usual sealing the deal. They could have put the bears away at least twice. To Haley/Ben credit that opening toss to Martavis was such an attempt. They left points on the field against the Browns.

So yeah I think it's been messy inconsistent and below average overall about worthy of a 22 ranking. But I still can't help but believe there's just too much talent.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:43 am 

Ben blames himself.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2083 ... l-own-play

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:53 am 

Antonio Brown fastest to 650 career catches. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5698/antonio-brown

Congrats AB.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:04 pm 

Still Lit wrote:

Ben always blames himself...it's what he does.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next