It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Ben: Tomlin wanted to defer in OT
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:37 pm 

Quote:
Tomlin is a HC. He has his issues.

Fixed for you...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:43 pm 

R S wrote:
They wouldn't even let their best run stopper step on the field.....that tells you something right there.

I remember back in the Noll days, that the team would lose a WTF game now and then in a way that was so bad, you'd swear it was intentional to get their attention or something.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:49 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
R S wrote:
They wouldn't even let their best run stopper step on the field.....that tells you something right there.

I remember back in the Noll days, that the team would lose a WTF game now and then in a way that was so bad, you'd swear it was intentional to get their attention or something.

Only one I ever remember was when Cincinnati thumped us in 1979.

PS Yeah I went back and looked...was as bad as I remember.

NINE fumbles, seven lost. 2 picks.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:52 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
R S wrote:

Only one I ever remember was when Cincinnati thumped us in 1979.

PS Yeah I went back and looked...was as bad as I remember.

NINE fumbles, seven lost. 2 picks.

Buffalo when Bradshaw had 3 INTs, IIRC. Hell, the beginning of 1977.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:59 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
R S wrote:

I don't know about Noll, but I remember Cowher would have these games from time to time too.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:06 pm 

Good teams lose to bad teams. It happens. But these current steelers....let me put it this way, was anyone surprised by the loss?

So far the bears have looked decent in 2 home games and horrible in 2 road games. I'll wait to see how it all plays out by year's end before jumping all over them for this.

I'm more annoyed that this game seemed like an afterthought to the players. Secondary importance on Sunday. You get paid big money to show up only16 times a year. 4 months. This is not an overly lengthy period of time to be asked to focus on your job. And you get a week off in that timeframe.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:23 pm 

Miter Saw wrote:
I'm more annoyed that this game seemed like an afterthought to the players. Secondary importance on Sunday. You get paid big money to show up only16 times a year. 4 months. This is not an overly lengthy period of time to be asked to focus on your job. And you get a week off in that timeframe.

That's loaded with a ridiculous amount of hyperbole. They're practicing all week, studying film and digesting a game plan....not to mention all the strength and conditioning work. Factor in travel, 3 hours on Sunday (and a few more hours before/after before their day is really done) and it wouldn't surprise me if most of these guys, starters at least, aren't routinely logging 50-60 hour weeks.

Well, that's probably big weeks when the coaches crank-up the focus and prep. I think games against teams like the Bears everyone seems to put in about half that work. I think teams like NE have that every week, teams like PIT seem to believe mental & physical fatigue will set in, and so it appears they pick weeks to coast.

But, sure, we're still only talking 5-6 months of all that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:25 am 

Steelers losses like this continue to mount

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:03 pm 

Cbssports.com has an article this week on the list of Tomkins steelers failings in games against poor opponents. It is not coicindence. The bears looked top notch Thursday

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11