It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Week 4 Injury Report
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:09 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
I noticed that Ben has been missing practices consistently in each of the 4 weeks so far. This is a new trend isn't it?

I don't believe so. And it doesn't say anything other than Ben feels his arm needs the extra day of rest....who knows, maybe he felt fatigued late in the year the past few seasons.

Personally if that's the case I would think the solution would be less reps rather than not practicing at all. But a "day off" just means he didn't practice. He's not at home sitting on his thumb, he's studying film and the game plan.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:35 pm 

I find it funny all of these people questioning Ben, his practice habits, his performance, etc.

Aren't these the same people who told me that we didn't need to waste a draft pick on a QB? No need to draft Dobbs in round 4, Ben is good, he can play another 5 years!! That is what I was told, repeatedly, over and over.

I just hope many of you remember how this season plays out and aren't so quick to judge the Steelers when they spend a high pick, round 1 or 2 on a QB. It is long past due for them to bring in a QB to groom behind Ben. Dobbs was a start but expect another QB next draft.

I see Ben retiring after the 2018 season.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:38 pm 

I think they should start drafting QBs each year and see what they get
Just didn't want Dobbs then or now

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:01 pm 

Ben getting these days off + how he has looked this season makes me think we may be witnessing Ben's 2015 Peyton Manning season. His body has taken a ton of abuse. Wouldn't be surprised if age has caught up with him (and retirement talk was because he felt it too).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:30 pm 

I think he's been taking veteran days on Wed for the last couple years. And I agree with whoever said they think he retires after next year. We should get a good 2-4 years out of Landry Jones after he does though. It'll take another QB that long to overtake him on the depth chart.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:33 pm 

LOL....Ben still has twice the arm chicken noodle did his last few years.

QB's are ready to play Yr 1 now. You don't spend a #1 or #2 on a guy to sit on the pine for 2-3 years. If a guy you love falls into your lap, then sure. But you don't go fishing when you're trying to build a championship team around a guy you KNOW you can win with right now.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:08 pm 

It'd be funnier than a motherfucker if Ben retires and Jones won back to back superbowls.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:15 pm 

Make sure before overgeneralizing that you point to specifically the comments and commentor. Personally I never said I didn't want the QB taken in this last draft. Why I feel on the defensive? Because I don't wish to be lumped in with the Those or These people. I find it odd that Ben is taking so much practice time off is all. How many other QB's in the league take no time off and for that matter practice more away from their facility? Was a simple question I thought perhaps someone might have a plausible answer for.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:58 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
I find it odd that Ben is taking so much practice time off is all..

That might be an interesting topic, except he's been doing that for a few years.....which includes, arguably, some of his best seasons ever.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:59 am 

Lynch wrote:
It'd be funnier than a motherfucker if Ben retires and Jones won back to back superbowls.

LMAO....I'd give you everything I have if they managed even a playoff win in 2 years. Assuming, of course, that the current brain trust is still running operations.