It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Sign Ayers now!!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 8471
It's not just the muff - Rogers has simply been terrible and looked uncomfortable returning punts. They have tried to "make" guys returners before and it has NEVER worked.

Ayers doesn't want to be on a PS, but I bet he'd like a paycheck and isn't likely to get other offers. But I'm not sure there's any point in signing him unless it's to get a hat returning punts because he will never be more than a JAG as a receiver so no reason to bump someone off PS for him.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sign Ayers now!!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 10947
Quote:
Signed LB Keith Kelsey to the practice squad; placed LB Matt Galambos on the practice squad/injured list. http://www.steelers.com/team/transactions.html

Who would you cut from the team? http://www.steelers.com/team/roster.html

Quote:
WR Justin Hunter is in the Steelers' game plan this week. Team told him he's 'getting a hat' vs Ravens, he said. Hunter said he's eager to build on chemistry built on Ben Roethlisberger in training camp. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0 ... 11836955-4
Sweet!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sign Ayers now!!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 8471
Steelafan77 wrote:
Who would you cut from the team? http://www.steelers.com/team/roster.html


DHB is a pretty obvious choice.

If you absolutely can't bear to part with your gunner security blanket, McCullers would probably not be missed. Although we only have 3 TE's, I'm not seeing much chance for Grimble to contribute, barrying injury, vs. JJ and MacDonald.

AB returning punts is probably the obvious solution, and I think the injury risk is greatly overblown. Otherwise, you can't convince me there isn't at least 1 very mediocre contributor (if at all) to make room to address a glaring deficiency.

Also, JuJu seems to be progressing and taking more and more snaps from Rogers. Why not cut/trade Eli Rogers and then Ayers can back-up the slot and return punts?

_________________
------------------------------------------------------
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sign Ayers now!!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 10947
Just asking Kodiak. That's my first choice as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sign Ayers now!!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:36 pm 
Online

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:36 pm
Posts: 1370
DHB is going nowhere. Possibly the best STer
definetly the most mature in WR room and a decent 3-5 WR


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sign Ayers now!!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 290
I wasn't joking about the hex. I still have ptsd from Ike and Colclough. Brown probably should be the guy though. They're certainly paying him enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sign Ayers now!!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 10947
SteelerChef wrote:
DHB is going nowhere. Possibly the best STer
definetly the most mature in WR room and a decent 3-5 WR

I agree with you chef. That Heyward-Bey is going nowhere; and only that. I stated it would be My First Choice. Nothing about how the Steelers view their punt return, ST's situation.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sign Ayers now!!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 4112
I cut Big Dan to add Ayers to the 53 and our punt return ability improves like that.

Big Dan is the #6 DL on the 53
Only way Big Dan gets a helmet is if one of the starters is hurt and will miss a game.
Even then he only had a snap or two.

Punt returner is much more important than #6 DL.
Or #6 DL of Big Dans caliber.

I would also cut Dobbs to add Ayers back on.
Dobbs was not an accurate passer in College.....
Could not hit the side of a barn with some of his passes in pre-season.
Made that mental error of scrambling to his left and as he fell toss the ball up and forward to a receiver.
Ball was picked.....
Learn from his mistakes?
No....
Did the same exact thing the next game running to the right side. Was not picked.

I think Ayers is also quicker than Rogers as a WR.
Thought he made the most of his few opportunities at the end of last year.

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sign Ayers now!!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:47 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 2749
Stosh-67 wrote:
I cut Big Dan to add Ayers to the 53 and our punt return ability improves like that.

Big Dan is the #6 DL on the 53
Only way Big Dan gets a helmet is if one of the starters is hurt and will miss a game.
Even then he only had a snap or two.

Punt returner is much more important than #6 DL.
Or #6 DL of Big Dans caliber.

I would also cut Dobbs to add Ayers back on.
Dobbs was not an accurate passer in College.....
Could not hit the side of a barn with some of his passes in pre-season.
Made that mental error of scrambling to his left and as he fell toss the ball up and forward to a receiver.
Ball was picked.....
Learn from his mistakes?
No....
Did the same exact thing the next game running to the right side. Was not picked.

I think Ayers is also quicker than Rogers as a WR.
Thought he made the most of his few opportunities at the end of last year.


Agreed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sign Ayers now!!!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:50 am 
Online

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:36 pm
Posts: 1370
Ayers has some crying bitch in him

Also some dumbfuck

When youre drafted in the 7th rd.....when you come small in big spots the previous year.....when you got an in with a team that makes PSers into stars....i could list much more....

You dont run your mouth to the press that you wont sign to the PS....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AirRescueFF, Bing [Bot], DrMalba, Google [Bot], JackSplat58, jebrick, Louis Lipps Service, Quixotic, Steel Drummer, Steeledge, SteelerChef, stillevil, T.W., TB, the-other-burg, Tundralag and 35 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group