It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123 ... 125  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season # 4: Steelers @ Ravens 1 Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 5000
KCSteeler wrote:
I said it last week and will take it today. Just win this one, style points don't matter.

Yep, I'm good. 3-1, a win in Baltimore. We saw some improvements today. A lot of work to be done, but a lot of seaon left. Bring on the Jag offs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season # 4: Steelers @ Ravens 1 Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:23 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 3423
Orangesteel wrote:
3-1 but long way to go.

Agree- inconsistent O, problem w discipline and we really haven't faced an above average QB. I am still concerned about the pass defensive skills of these DB's.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season # 4: Steelers @ Ravens 1 Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:23 pm
Posts: 2508
Great Win!

3-1 is what we expected. Loss to Chicago still stings but less now.

We still need to work on Run Defense.
And how to run up an Early lead, and not let the opponent sniff back.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season # 4: Steelers @ Ravens 1 Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:40 pm
Posts: 2958
Stallworth16 wrote:
Great Win!

3-1 is what we expected. Loss to Chicago still stings but less now.

We still need to work on Run Defense.
And how to run up an Early lead, and not let the opponent sniff back.


Bingo that drive to start 2nd half was so damn tentative it was pathetic. They needed to come out, spread them out and attack. Rats didn't have 3 or 4 th DB that could cover Ju Ju. Bryant didn't get sent deep near enough and when he did only an accidental trip and an overthrow prevented him from torching the Rats.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season # 4: Steelers @ Ravens 1 Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 6446
I’ll say this:

Watt
Heyward
Tuitt
Shaz

That is a formidable defensive unit when they get going. Awesome to see.

Dupree played pretty well today.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season # 4: Steelers @ Ravens 1 Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 6446
steelclan wrote:
Stallworth16 wrote:
Great Win!

3-1 is what we expected. Loss to Chicago still stings but less now.

We still need to work on Run Defense.
And how to run up an Early lead, and not let the opponent sniff back.


Bingo that drive to start 2nd half was so damn tentative it was pathetic. They needed to come out, spread them out and attack. Rats didn't have 3 or 4 th DB that could cover Ju Ju. Bryant didn't get sent deep near enough and when he did only an accidental trip and an overthrow prevented him from torching the Rats.


It was horrible. This is what I mean by situational football. That was an opportunity to rip their hearts out and we played pussy, lame football.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season # 4: Steelers @ Ravens 1 Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 8342
W&M_Steeler wrote:
AB didn't get 5 for 50.


Would have if Ben didn't miss him....but Ben building rapport with JJ and JuJu is a good thing, and Bryant made some plays (and another huge miss from Ben). I just don't get why you'll see 1 or 2 plays with Bryant and think "this guy could be REALLY good" and then he goes milk carton. I'm starting to think it has more to do with the plays being called and how they want to use Bryant.

That second half was a complete abortion. Haley needs to go - does Tomlin have that much pull, and does he even see it?

_________________
------------------------------------------------------
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season # 4: Steelers @ Ravens 1 Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:40 pm
Posts: 2958
Kodiak wrote:
W&M_Steeler wrote:
AB didn't get 5 for 50.


Would have if Ben didn't miss him....but Ben building rapport with JJ and JuJu is a good thing, and Bryant made some plays (and another huge miss from Ben). I just don't get why you'll see 1 or 2 plays with Bryant and think "this guy could be REALLY good" and then he goes milk carton. I'm starting to think it has more to do with the plays being called and how they want to use Bryant.

That second half was a complete abortion. Haley needs to go - does Tomlin have that much pull, and does he even see it?


Yep that second half on O was atrocious. Everytime they got inside Rats 30 they ran the ball got stuffed and faced a 2nd and long. It was maddening. Usually that was followed by a daft penalty and voila end of drive. Ben and dumbasfuckeryville Haley need to see Rats had 9 in box and blitzing. There is this magical thing called a screen they throw a screen on any of those plays and goes forever. Jags did exactly that. Pretty only way Rats can get pressure unless Suggs is having a big game is via the blitz.

Piss poor game planning and even with moderate play calling the Steelers should've dropped 40 on Rats. I realize Rats have injuries but that D is grossly overrated. Mike Hilton made more impact then any of the Rats rookies FFS.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season # 4: Steelers @ Ravens 1 Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:46 pm
Posts: 1219
We shoulda pounded these assholes into the dirt earlier but I'll gladly take the win.

_________________
Three's a charm. #StanleyCup
-- Pittsburgh Penguins (@penguins) June 12, 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season # 4: Steelers @ Ravens 1 Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:52 pm
Posts: 163
Orangesteel wrote:
I’ll say this:

Watt
Heyward
Tuitt
Shaz

That is a formidable defensive unit when they get going. Awesome to see.

Dupree played pretty well today.


I'd add Hilton to that list.Just continues to make plays.His quickness,ball skills and overall football awareness is extremely encouraging.He is only going to get better.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123 ... 125  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dd131005, Google [Bot] and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group