It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: AB Int. Now you have to account for something called "Ti
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16530
In the entire history of bullshit calls and bullshit interceptions, that was one giant bullshit call/INT.

_________________
VASteelerGuy wrote:
These refs suck


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AB Int. Now you have to account for something called "Ti
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:43 pm 
bradshaw2ben wrote:
In the entire history of bullshit calls and bullshit interceptions, that was one giant bullshit call/INT.


Yep. Easily the worst i ever saw. And that was WITH replay

There are several moves id make in regards to rules/refs/replay etc if i was king

I still cant believe a trillion dollar entity like the nfl still has part time refs. Thats a big issue imo


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: AB Int. Now you have to account for something called "Ti
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5546
Shouldn't the call on the field stand unless it's a blatantly obvious mistake that is scene without a doubt on replay? Or is that just a college rule? Because if you have to rewind the damn thing 10 times and bring out a protractor, the call on the field should stand!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AB Int. Now you have to account for something called "Ti
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:57 am
Posts: 1055
But Troy's INT vs. the Colts in the 2006 Divisional Game didn't count...



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AB Int. Now you have to account for something called "Ti
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6977
Of all the things that is destroying the NFL game, replay review is at the top of the list.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AB Int. Now you have to account for something called "Ti
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11617
Poltargyst wrote:
I still say incompetence rather than fix.


The thing is, now that the league office is in on every review, you don't need any grand conspiracy just a couple guys in a NY office putting their thumb on the scale to keep games close.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AB Int. Now you have to account for something called "Ti
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11617
SteelerChef wrote:
Yep. Easily the worst i ever saw. And that was WITH replay


I asked this in the game thread - was that call REALLY worse than the one that gave us a fumble last week in CHI?

Those are the two worst replay results I've seen, and they happened in consecutive weeks in Steeler games.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AB Int. Now you have to account for something called "Ti
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:55 pm
Posts: 706
The whole premise around requiring a receiver complete the catch while going to the ground never sat well with me. Even worse, the concept Mike Pereira used in his explanation that the receiver has to have it a certain amount of time is just crazy.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... klah7aLyLl

Brown had total control and took three steps before he went down and maintained control until he hit the ground and hitting the ground jarred the ball lose. If he never had control I could understand it but the reply showed that he did.

I also think there should be a 60-second “overturn clock” - once the reply review starts, so does the 60 seconds. If you don’t have definitive proof to overturn by the time it gets down to zero then they play stands.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AB Int. Now you have to account for something called "Ti
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11617
Stillerz Bar wrote:
Brown had total control and took three steps before he went down and maintained control until he hit the ground and hitting the ground jarred the ball lose.


I thought he had control, actually changed hands and tucked it. It was while tucking it that the defensive guy batted it and it started moving, still moving to the ground (but not coming out). Sure looked to me like he established possession.

By the way, Harbaugh has someone wicked good and wicked quick....because they didn't challenge it was a fumble (which they lose), but that it was an interception.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AB Int. Now you have to account for something called "Ti
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23382
Stillerz Bar wrote:
The whole premise around requiring a receiver complete the catch while going to the ground never sat well with me. Even worse, the concept Mike Pereira used in his explanation that the receiver has to have it a certain amount of time is just crazy.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... klah7aLyLl

Brown had total control and took three steps before he went down and maintained control until he hit the ground and hitting the ground jarred the ball lose. If he never had control I could understand it but the reply showed that he did.

I also think there should be a 60-second “overturn clock” - once the reply review starts, so does the 60 seconds. If you don’t have definitive proof to overturn by the time it gets down to zero then they play stands.


We likely never go to Super Bowl XXX if a) that rule had been in effect and b) replay had been in effect in 1995.

Not only because Kordell Stewart stepped OOB on his fumble, but because Ernie Mills dropped the ball when he went to ground following his spectacular grab at the one.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AB Int. Now you have to account for something called "Ti
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:20 pm
Posts: 2197
Jeemie wrote:

We likely never go to Super Bowl XXX if a) that rule had been in effect and b) replay had been in effect in 1995.

Not only because Kordell Stewart stepped OOB on his fumble, but because Ernie Mills dropped the ball when he went to ground following his spectacular grab at the one.


Ahh the good old days before high definition replays. I encourage everyone to go watch games on youtube from this era. There is never "was that a catch" discussion... they make the ruling and go, and very rarely is their a discussion or argument.

You'll see interceptions that were clear traps by today's standards.

Guys catching the ball and falling out of bounds as it comes out of their hands being a catch no questions asked/

Its refreshing... the game now sucks in many ways - and this replay bullshit is one of them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AB Int. Now you have to account for something called "Ti
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:02 pm 
Kodiak wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
I still say incompetence rather than fix.


The thing is, now that the league office is in on every review, you don't need any grand conspiracy just a couple guys in a NY office putting their thumb on the scale to keep games close.


The game is manipulated and has been for a while


Last edited by SteelerChef on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: AB Int. Now you have to account for something called "Ti
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11617
dropemjaybird wrote:
Its refreshing... the game now sucks in many ways - and this replay bullshit is one of them.


I think it's less the issue that replay is a problem, and more the case they still get it wrong. The only thing replay has done is remove the human element that "mistakes are made in real time" and added a corporate element to suggest games are "manipulated".

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], VASteelerGuy and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group