It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Is Ben capable of carrying the PS anymore?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:49 am 

I have no video evidence. I think he has an issue in his legs. He appears to be strong arming his passes. An unhealthy "landing" foot would cause you to throw passes that sail high on you. Keep him upright, fewer hits, and time to recover will do it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:00 am 

Everyone seems to be getting caught up in yesterdays game only, once again, last 10 games ZERO games over 300 yards and only 15 TD’’s. Everyone wants to blame Haley, but once again who was the coordinator in 2014 when Ben had his career year statistically? Looki, no one wants to admit Ben has lost a step or two, but fact is he has. I still think he is capable of getting hot and going on a run, but also not kidding myself, the position needs to be addressed sooner rather than later and we need to enjoy this season cause it very well could be his last.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:25 am 

Ben is 35 years old so from an arm strength perspective there should be no issues there.

Favre aged gracefully... he had already mastered a WCO so I think it was an easy transition for him to make adjusting his game as he got older. Also, after Farve lost his legs, he still had nifty ways of eluding pass rushers and extending plays.

When I watch Ben now... it's more like a watching a statue holding the football and sometimes it looks awkward. Like a guy who doesn't know how to adjust to his changing skillset.

But it can't be that much fun for Ben on this team. Tomlin and Haley are both conservative coaches who prefer to hitch the wagon to Bell.

Last edited by Havoc on Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:27 am 

fortythree wrote:
Prior to Week One, Todd Haley had his media availability and when asked about what he's looking for from the offense this year his #1 response was something to the effect of "less interceptions. We fumbled so infrequently last year that the only way we turn the ball over is through interceptions. So if we can avoid them then we have a better chance of possessing the ball and winning."

Ben is playing like a quarterback who was given a directive that ball security matters more than making plays. Haley has turned Ben into a game manager.

So to answer your question, I think he is. But I don't think he'll be given the chance to.

Perfectly stated that the cuckold Haley has effectively rendered a future HOF nuetered like himself

A golfer

If I was Ben I'd say see ya

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:59 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
StillerDownSouth wrote:
Serious question, are the Steelers winning is spite of Big Ben. Look we all love Ben, myself included, but lets not kid ourselves, his play has been poor for most of this season and for a lot of last season, especially on the road. Just heard on NFL network that Ben has not had a single 300 yard passing game in his last 10 regular season starts, which seems astonishing considering shitty ass QB's routinely throw for over 300 yards. I did a little research, and the Steelers are 10-1 in their last 11 regular season games going back to last year, Ben started and played all of them except the season finale against the Browns last year and has zero 300 yard games and only 15 TD passes with 8 picks, thats some real pedestrian numbers, yet the PS are 9-1 in those games. I hear on this site all the time how we have the worst coaches ever, a shitty defense that's coming around, and if it weren't for Ben we would probably never win another game ever again, yet is Ben the reason we are 9-1 in our last 10 games? While I agree with most here that Haley is a complete moron as a play caller, I disagree that Haley is holding Ben back, Ben has had 2 of the best years of his career with Haley as the coordinator in 2014 and 2015, and we all thought Haley was shitty then as well. Ben's play has digressed since 2015 plain and simple, yet the PS continue to pile of wins. Bottom line, hopefully Ben's play gets better and the defense continues to improve, and our coaching improves and the PS find a way to get number 7 this year, but I think its time we invest a pretty high pick on a QB cause I think once a player mentions he is thinking about retiring he has pretty much already got one foot out the door.

Ben had one bad throw today, and a host of great ones. WTF are you talking about? Did you not catch the part of the plan where they fed Leveon Bell and we kicked the other team's ass?

So, which throw was the "one" bad one?
I saw a few (overthrowing MB on that walk-in TD was the most egregious)
...but what about the other "misses", like when Ben completely missed a wide TF open AB that shoulda been an easy six instead of a busted play it was.

Do you really think AB got that pissed and tossed a Gatorade bucket because of one play?!
Seemed to me AB's frustration has been building...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:30 am 

I thought ben had a nice game. Not great but average. One thing that's not average is beating the rats on the road. Five years of losses was it?

I'm not one to yell play action for no reason but that 3rd q was screaming for it. Haley decided to channel the whole O through bell. If the rats would have climbed back which it looked they could have, it would've been a disaster from an OC perspective.

But I get the complaints that bell plus the D overall makes Haley look successful when comes up with his plans.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:33 am 

I'm not going to assume Ben can't be the qb of a high powered dynamic passing game when he's not being asked to do so.

I see no reason to not run a spread and shred offense. But like Jeemie stated... this coaching staff always reverts back to what they (the coaches) really are.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:34 am 

I think Ben can still make all the throws. I think he's taken a lot of hits and they've slowed him. I think if he showed up to camp in even halfway decent shape, instead of being a bloated fuck, it would do a lot of good. I also think he's checked out mentally. What did Noll say? If you're thinking about retiring, you may as well do it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:44 am 

I'll admit I've caught myself a couple times this year saying ben held the ball too long. Even that one sack vs the rats he brought down and looked around to shuffle then pocket collapsed and he had to eat it. In that situation a Brady or Bree's gets the ball out.

So ben not having to do heroic things to win games is a good thing. If steelers can win AFCN with a boring effort from ben that's good news. Now when they're pressed down the road by a Denver or NE or Atlanta or GB, then we see the limits of Haley and tomlin and we beg to see vintage ben.

But I'll take s yawner now. Jacksonville? Yeah I want to go up 40 points on those fuckers and fall asleep in 4th q

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:48 am 

No bigger Ben fan here than me and I think we're at the point where Roethlisberger just can't make amazing things happen CONSISTENTLY anymore.

He just can't.

We'll see a few games where he will absolutely wow us with a 5 TD pass performance, etc. but for the most part....yesterday is going to be the norm.

Sadly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next