steelerfury.com
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/

Finny #4 TE
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9256
Page 2 of 5

Author:  Kodiak [ Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Finny #4 TE

DP39 wrote:
I don't think Ben has ever stated it, but I actually believe he doesn't like using PA a lot at this stage in his career. I don't think he likes tuning his back to the LOS and then making/reading a pass play. I could be wrong, but it's what I think at least.


PA is a QB's best friend. And even if the above were true, I'd expect my OC to say "tough luck....no....PA is a QB's best friend".

Some of the theories I'm seeing being floated and offered up....if there's any merit to any of it, at all, then Tomlin and Haley are even more incompetent than I ever thought possible.

Author:  COR-TEN [ Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Finny #4 TE

Kodiak wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
I see Haley has the offense running like a well oiled pig.


Ben hasn't seemed too shy lately about openly discussing issues/confusion that pretty clearly shows Haley's incompetence.

"I told him just go do this - and I missed him, my fault"....that's what you call passive-aggressively throwing your OC under the bus.
Who the fuck knows what goes on behind closed doors. All we can do is interpret what they say publicly. Correctly or not.

Author:  fortythree [ Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Finny #4 TE

Kodiak wrote:
DP39 wrote:
I don't think Ben has ever stated it, but I actually believe he doesn't like using PA a lot at this stage in his career. I don't think he likes tuning his back to the LOS and then making/reading a pass play. I could be wrong, but it's what I think at least.


PA is a QB's best friend. And even if the above were true, I'd expect my OC to say "tough luck....no....PA is a QB's best friend".

Some of the theories I'm seeing being floated and offered up....if there's any merit to any of it, at all, then Tomlin and Haley are even more incompetent than I ever thought possible.


Can you share them or do they only exist inside your own head?

Author:  Kodiak [ Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Finny #4 TE

fortythree wrote:
Can you share them or do they only exist inside your own head?


Ummm, have you been paying attention?

Ben doesn't like PA.
Tomlin and Haley are trying to protect Ben from getting hurt.
Ben is saving his arm.
Ben has an undisclosed/unreported injury.
Tomlin/Haley are preparing the offense for the post-Ben era.
Ben takes too many days off, and spends them eating cheetos and watching Real World re-runs

Author:  fortythree [ Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Finny #4 TE

Kodiak wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Can you share them or do they only exist inside your own head?


Ummm, have you been paying attention?

Ben doesn't like PA.
Tomlin and Haley are trying to protect Ben from getting hurt.
Ben is saving his arm.
Ben has an undisclosed/unreported injury.
Tomlin/Haley are preparing the offense for the post-Ben era.
Ben takes too many days off, and spends them eating cheetos and watching Real World re-runs


:lol: My bad. I thought you meant you were seeing them elsewhere. Distracted with trying to get the baby to bed so I misread your post.

Author:  Lynch [ Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Finny #4 TE

Big fan of Finney. Missed him out there as an eligible lol.

Author:  SteelerChef [ Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Finny #4 TE

Only the dumb motherfucking haleyball Steelers would try to work in a borderline backup ol in an offense that has Bell AB Bryant JuJu etc etc etc

Author:  TB [ Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Finny #4 TE

DP39 wrote:
I don't think Ben has ever stated it, but I actually believe he doesn't like using PA a lot at this stage in his career. I don't think he likes tuning his back to the LOS and then making/reading a pass play. I could be wrong, but it's what I think at least.


I can see that. And I think more of the 4-5 wide shotgun sets this year is in large part due to catering to what Ben wants.

Author:  SOCALSTEEL [ Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Finny #4 TE

DP39 wrote:
I don't think Ben has ever stated it, but I actually believe he doesn't like using PA a lot at this stage in his career. I don't think he likes tuning his back to the LOS and then making/reading a pass play. I could be wrong, but it's what I think at least.



You are actually 100% correct.Charlie Batch said on the post game radio show yesterday that Ben doesn't like play action because he doesn't like turning his back to the defense.

Author:  Orangesteel [ Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Finny #4 TE

If that’s true that’s totally absurd.

Page 2 of 5 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/