It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: MNF - Chefs/Skins
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16809
Orangesteel wrote:
TB wrote:
Alex Smith has arguably been the best QB in football this year. 9 total TDs, no turnovers, throwing absolute dimes down the field and on the run.


His mobility is great. Same with Cousins. Thing that impresses me about KC is that they’ve built a funky offense around Smith but it’s to his strengths. Is difficult to cover when he’s throwing to so many different guys.

Imagine building an offense around your QB's strengths.

So innovative!

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MNF - Chefs/Skins
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 2442
Orangesteel wrote:
How do you stop the KC dink and dunk? It appears they get 5-6 yards a play, massive holes, etc.

Why does our offense always look like such a clusterfuck?


They have Andy Reid, one of the best offensive minds in the game.

We have Turd Haley.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MNF - Chefs/Skins
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 2306
No talk of Gruden's clock blunder?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MNF - Chefs/Skins
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23681
Zeke5123 wrote:
No talk of Gruden's clock blunder?


Couldn't watch the game last night.

Please expound.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MNF - Chefs/Skins
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 2306
Jeemie wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
No talk of Gruden's clock blunder?


Couldn't watch the game last night.

Please expound.


Little less than a minute left. Skins were at the 20 and down three. Two time outs. Gruden takes a timeout without letting any time go off the clock.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MNF - Chefs/Skins
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:22 pm 
fortythree wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
How do you stop the KC dink and dunk? It appears they get 5-6 yards a play, massive holes, etc.

Why does our offense always look like such a clusterfuck?


They have Andy Reid, one of the best offensive minds in the game.

We have Turd Haley.


2nd cousin to Turd Ferguson


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: MNF - Chefs/Skins
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9261
bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
How do you stop the KC dink and dunk? It appears they get 5-6 yards a play, massive holes, etc.

Why does our offense always look like such a clusterfuck?




Chefs are far and away at the moment best in the AFC..dynamic on both sides of the ball..hunt,kelce and hill are a nightmare to cover

We are going to crush them.




we might...but I said at the moment.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MNF - Chefs/Skins
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:11 pm
Posts: 1902
I agree with B2B. We are going to win the Chiefs game. Don't know if we'll crush them, but we'll win.

You guys ought to know by now that we lose games we ought to win against inferior teams, but do much better than expected against favored/good teams.

_________________
Mike Tomlin. Useless idiot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MNF - Chefs/Skins
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 5660
Wbo-ah.
Just realized i had 9 and 0 in my Monday night pool.
Did not know my numbers
$300 thanks to last second score

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MNF - Chefs/Skins
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16809
Stosh-67 wrote:
Wbo-ah.
Just realized i had 9 and 0 in my Monday night pool.
Did not know my numbers
$300 thanks to last second score

:lol: lucky bastard!

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MNF - Chefs/Skins
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:11 pm
Posts: 1519
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
TB wrote:
Alex Smith has arguably been the best QB in football this year. 9 total TDs, no turnovers, throwing absolute dimes down the field and on the run.


His mobility is great. Same with Cousins. Thing that impresses me about KC is that they’ve built a funky offense around Smith but it’s to his strengths. Is difficult to cover when he’s throwing to so many different guys.

Imagine building an offense around your QB's strengths.

So innovative!


Well one strength was to get him big, fast receivers who easily get open and catch. Or a small fast receiver with a ridiculous work ethic.

Of course, you have to hit those wide open WRs consistently. Ben simply isn't executing on big plays. Contrast this to young Ben who would toss laser beams to a wide open Limas Sweed only to have that mental case drop it. Remember when he could do that?

They also built an offensive line that gives him all the time in the world to throw. Remember when he had NO time to throw?

Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins are deadly accurate. Smith has been accurate and making good decisions whether he has time or not. I can't say that about Cousins since last night was the first time I've seen him play a full game...but by all accounts he does as well.

Finally Ben has Bell to bail the offense out when none of that works.

Do you really think Smith or Cousins couldn't ignite this offense? Haley is not the greatest...neither is slackjaw Butler. But a there are QBs out there doing more with less.

_________________

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.


Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MNF - Chefs/Skins
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 4469
ChicagoSteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Imagine building an offense around your QB's strengths.

So innovative!


Well one strength was to get him big, fast receivers who easily get open and catch. Or a small fast receiver with a ridiculous work ethic.

Of course, you have to hit those wide open WRs consistently. Ben simply isn't executing on big plays. Contrast this to young Ben who would toss laser beams to a wide open Limas Sweed only to have that mental case drop it. Remember when he could do that?

They also built an offensive line that gives him all the time in the world to throw. Remember when he had NO time to throw?

Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins are deadly accurate. Smith has been accurate and making good decisions whether he has time or not. I can't say that about Cousins since last night was the first time I've seen him play a full game...but by all accounts he does as well.

Finally Ben has Bell to bail the offense out when none of that works.

Do you really think Smith or Cousins couldn't ignite this offense? Haley is not the greatest...neither is slackjaw Butler. But a there are QBs out there doing more with less.


Getting the weapons is only part of the equation. After that, it's how you plan to use them. Enter conservative "style points don't matter" Mike Tomlin and conservative golfer Haley.

Noone is claiming Ben has been great this season.

How many pass plays for the chiefs on 1st down monday compared to steelers on sunday?

The OL opened holes for Bell. Bell was good but nothing special sunday.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MNF - Chefs/Skins
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 5660
Absolutely HAVOC.

And Chicago......
Quote:
Do you really think Smith or Cousins couldn't ignite this offense? Haley is not the greatest...neither is slackjaw Butler. But a there are QBs out there doing more with less.


Smith has been playing great.
But he plays for one of the top offensive minds the NFL has had over the last 20-25 year in Reid.

You very rarely know what play is coming for KC.
So Smith gets to throw in ideal situations.
Utilizing a lot of deception that keeps the defense guessing run or pass.
Keeps the LB's closer to the LOS with alot of the run / pass option / trickery.
Puts players in motion often........that jet sweep with a RB in the "I" creates confusion and uncertainty for defenses.
Which makes defenders guess alot .....and guess wrong on occasion.
With all the things going on with that offense, more guys break free or defenders screw up assignments.
RB's are utilized in the passing game - down field and not just dump offs. Sometimes deep downfield.

WE RUN THE BALL 21 OUT OF 25 FIRST & SECOND DOWN PLAYS IN THE SECOND HALF.
We are the most bland, predictable offense, with little variation in formations.
Almost every Ben pass play is high pressure, straight drop back passes into small windows.
Yes, he will miss a long ball more often than he did.
He has not been sharp early in the season. But warming up.
This offensive philosophy, game planning and play calling makes it very difficult to play QB in todays game.
I hope to see this passing game open up and make this offense more balanced to score more points.
But I think we will see Lev Bell with 28-34 carries again on Sunday.

You may take Smith and put him in at QB for the PS and he would struggle with out half the things KC does.
They will just uncuff Ben and slap them right onto Smith.

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MNF - Chefs/Skins
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16809
I actually think Alex would be better fit for Haley's offense and what they're trying to do. They might be more successful with Smith.

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MNF - Chefs/Skins
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 895
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I actually think Alex would be better fit for Haley's offense and what they're trying to do. They might be more successful with Smith.



I agree with this, not saying Smith is better cause he isn’t, but for some reason we run a lot of shotgun read option with quite possibly to most inmobile qb in the game, like does any defense ever expect ben to keep it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MNF - Chefs/Skins
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12074
ChicagoSteel wrote:
Do you really think Smith or Cousins couldn't ignite this offense? .


LMFAO.....Just how many of your girlfriends did Ben fuck?

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MNF - Chefs/Skins
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 7086
StillerDownSouth wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I actually think Alex would be better fit for Haley's offense and what they're trying to do. They might be more successful with Smith.



I agree with this, not saying Smith is better cause he isn’t, but for some reason we run a lot of shotgun read option with quite possibly to most inmobile qb in the game, like does any defense ever expect ben to keep it?

Not a lot of options in the Steelers read option... :lol:

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], RemoAZ and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group