steelerfury.com
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/

MNF - Chefs/Skins
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9257
Page 5 of 5

Author:  ChicagoSteel [ Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MNF - Chefs/Skins

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
TB wrote:
Alex Smith has arguably been the best QB in football this year. 9 total TDs, no turnovers, throwing absolute dimes down the field and on the run.


His mobility is great. Same with Cousins. Thing that impresses me about KC is that they’ve built a funky offense around Smith but it’s to his strengths. Is difficult to cover when he’s throwing to so many different guys.

Imagine building an offense around your QB's strengths.

So innovative!


Well one strength was to get him big, fast receivers who easily get open and catch. Or a small fast receiver with a ridiculous work ethic.

Of course, you have to hit those wide open WRs consistently. Ben simply isn't executing on big plays. Contrast this to young Ben who would toss laser beams to a wide open Limas Sweed only to have that mental case drop it. Remember when he could do that?

They also built an offensive line that gives him all the time in the world to throw. Remember when he had NO time to throw?

Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins are deadly accurate. Smith has been accurate and making good decisions whether he has time or not. I can't say that about Cousins since last night was the first time I've seen him play a full game...but by all accounts he does as well.

Finally Ben has Bell to bail the offense out when none of that works.

Do you really think Smith or Cousins couldn't ignite this offense? Haley is not the greatest...neither is slackjaw Butler. But a there are QBs out there doing more with less.

Author:  Havoc [ Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: MNF - Chefs/Skins

ChicagoSteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Imagine building an offense around your QB's strengths.

So innovative!


Well one strength was to get him big, fast receivers who easily get open and catch. Or a small fast receiver with a ridiculous work ethic.

Of course, you have to hit those wide open WRs consistently. Ben simply isn't executing on big plays. Contrast this to young Ben who would toss laser beams to a wide open Limas Sweed only to have that mental case drop it. Remember when he could do that?

They also built an offensive line that gives him all the time in the world to throw. Remember when he had NO time to throw?

Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins are deadly accurate. Smith has been accurate and making good decisions whether he has time or not. I can't say that about Cousins since last night was the first time I've seen him play a full game...but by all accounts he does as well.

Finally Ben has Bell to bail the offense out when none of that works.

Do you really think Smith or Cousins couldn't ignite this offense? Haley is not the greatest...neither is slackjaw Butler. But a there are QBs out there doing more with less.


Getting the weapons is only part of the equation. After that, it's how you plan to use them. Enter conservative "style points don't matter" Mike Tomlin and conservative golfer Haley.

Noone is claiming Ben has been great this season.

How many pass plays for the chiefs on 1st down monday compared to steelers on sunday?

The OL opened holes for Bell. Bell was good but nothing special sunday.

Author:  Stosh-67 [ Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: MNF - Chefs/Skins

Absolutely HAVOC.

And Chicago......
Quote:
Do you really think Smith or Cousins couldn't ignite this offense? Haley is not the greatest...neither is slackjaw Butler. But a there are QBs out there doing more with less.


Smith has been playing great.
But he plays for one of the top offensive minds the NFL has had over the last 20-25 year in Reid.

You very rarely know what play is coming for KC.
So Smith gets to throw in ideal situations.
Utilizing a lot of deception that keeps the defense guessing run or pass.
Keeps the LB's closer to the LOS with alot of the run / pass option / trickery.
Puts players in motion often........that jet sweep with a RB in the "I" creates confusion and uncertainty for defenses.
Which makes defenders guess alot .....and guess wrong on occasion.
With all the things going on with that offense, more guys break free or defenders screw up assignments.
RB's are utilized in the passing game - down field and not just dump offs. Sometimes deep downfield.

WE RUN THE BALL 21 OUT OF 25 FIRST & SECOND DOWN PLAYS IN THE SECOND HALF.
We are the most bland, predictable offense, with little variation in formations.
Almost every Ben pass play is high pressure, straight drop back passes into small windows.
Yes, he will miss a long ball more often than he did.
He has not been sharp early in the season. But warming up.
This offensive philosophy, game planning and play calling makes it very difficult to play QB in todays game.
I hope to see this passing game open up and make this offense more balanced to score more points.
But I think we will see Lev Bell with 28-34 carries again on Sunday.

You may take Smith and put him in at QB for the PS and he would struggle with out half the things KC does.
They will just uncuff Ben and slap them right onto Smith.

Author:  bradshaw2ben [ Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: MNF - Chefs/Skins

I actually think Alex would be better fit for Haley's offense and what they're trying to do. They might be more successful with Smith.

Author:  StillerDownSouth [ Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MNF - Chefs/Skins

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I actually think Alex would be better fit for Haley's offense and what they're trying to do. They might be more successful with Smith.



I agree with this, not saying Smith is better cause he isn’t, but for some reason we run a lot of shotgun read option with quite possibly to most inmobile qb in the game, like does any defense ever expect ben to keep it?

Author:  Kodiak [ Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MNF - Chefs/Skins

ChicagoSteel wrote:
Do you really think Smith or Cousins couldn't ignite this offense? .


LMFAO.....Just how many of your girlfriends did Ben fuck?

Author:  Jobus Rum [ Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MNF - Chefs/Skins

StillerDownSouth wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I actually think Alex would be better fit for Haley's offense and what they're trying to do. They might be more successful with Smith.



I agree with this, not saying Smith is better cause he isn’t, but for some reason we run a lot of shotgun read option with quite possibly to most inmobile qb in the game, like does any defense ever expect ben to keep it?

Not a lot of options in the Steelers read option... :lol:

Page 5 of 5 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/