It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ben calls out Antonio
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:45 pm 
Ice wrote:
Odd he decided to reference Heath Miller in that moment?

Good solid teammate.

Ive long been 95% sure Ben long ago adopted a good soldier stance he doesnt really believe in at all.

Im not sure everyone else is that resolute

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:47 pm 
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Ya know....think about this...

Bell franchised for 2018. Rd 1 RB in 19 draft. Bell walks. Bryant proves this year and next hes grown up a little and done with drugs. Signs for good money in 19. JuJu becomes solid Ward/Keyshawn possession chain mover. AB is let go after 2019 RD 1 WR in 2020 draft.

Not guaranteeing just pointing out the Steelers have alot options. Good viable options

Brown will also be 31 years old after the 2019 season. Seriously doubt the Steelers give him a big contract after that season. Someone will give him big money, but I doubt it's us.

AB is signed through 2021. According to spotract he could be let go after 2019 without much damage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:48 pm 

RooneyTunes wrote:
Ben never watched the "What to say to the media" scene in Bull Durham

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/10/ ... -that-way/

That quote is an odd coincidence. Charlie Batch was on DVE this morning and told a story about Ben asking Heath if he was open and Heath telling him "No". Batch told it almost verbatim from the way Ben mentioned it in that quote.

Wonder if Ben heard that interview and repeated it for all to hear.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:49 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
Ice wrote:
Odd he decided to reference Heath Miller in that moment?

Good solid teammate.

Ive long been 95% sure Ben long ago adopted a good soldier stance he doesnt really believe in at all.

Ben and Heath roomed on the road for many years.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:49 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Ya know....think about this...

Bell franchised for 2018. Rd 1 RB in 19 draft. Bell walks. Bryant proves this year and next hes grown up a little and done with drugs. Signs for good money in 19. JuJu becomes solid Ward/Keyshawn possession chain mover. AB is let go after 2019 RD 1 WR in 2020 draft.

Not guaranteeing just pointing out the Steelers have alot options. Good viable options

Brown will also be 31 years old after the 2019 season. Seriously doubt the Steelers give him a big contract after that season. Someone will give him big money, but I doubt it's us.

AB is signed through 2021. According to spotract he could be let go after 2019 without much damage

Ah. In that case, I doubt they cut him before his contract is up unless we see a significant production drop.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:30 pm 

All these years with Ben, and still most don't even try to understand him.

The guy is 100% about teamwork and building the team. He's in it to win it, and has few, if any, other interests in the game other than the camaraderie and the winning that comes with it. He doesn't care who gets the ball, unless it affects that player getting hot or cold or being happy in a way that increases the chances of winning. He's been making statements to that effect and acting to that effect for years now.

AB was totally in the fucking wrong, by the way. Even if you were wide open from the snap and even if your QB never looked at you and even if the QB had all day to look around and throw it-- you never, never, never, ever make a giant deal about it. Hell, WRs think they are open on every play. EVERY play. They do not care about what the QB sees, or his progressions, or protection schemes, or free blitzers. Do. Not. Care.

If you're a great teammate, you go to your QB and say-- what do you need me to do? How can I help? What are you seeing? What did you see on that play? How can I help get another guy open?

This diva shit is offensive, even if the guy is otherworldly in his talents. He also had two costly drops in this game, neither of which was particularly heinous but both are plays that we expect AB to complete. Look for AB to apologize before the week is through.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:11 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Yes, Ben doesn't seem to care much for confrontation, and doesn't like yelling. So when I see him screaming at Haley on the sidelines, or sniping at AB or the coaches in the press....there's a big fucking problem.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:14 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Yes, Ben doesn't seem to care much for confrontation, and doesn't like yelling. So when I see him screaming at Haley on the sidelines, or sniping at AB or the coaches in the press....there's a big fucking problem.

I would add: gesturing in frustration with receivers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:17 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I would add: gesturing in frustration with receivers

He's done that his whole career. Function of a revolving door of young guys and boneheads he's throwing the ball to.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:18 pm 

Ben is also dramatic. Always has been. I'm not sure why "We deal with these things internally. ___ is a great competitor. We're all focused on winning and doing what we can to help the team." isn't his go to for anything related to his teammates in talking to the media.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next