It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ben calls out Antonio
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:21 pm 

SteelKnife wrote:
Ben is also dramatic. Always has been. I'm not sure why "We deal with these things internally. ___ is a great competitor. We're all focused on winning and doing what we can to help the team." isn't his go to for anything related to his teammates in talking to the media.

That was his tune most of his career. It changed the past 2-3 years, probably seeing his window closing and being frustrated it was falling on deaf ears behind closed doors.

I fire Haley and tell Ben to stop worrying about being the OC.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:42 pm 

What does “dramatic” mean?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:44 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
What does “dramatic” mean?

The way I use it here is that he likes to inject himself into the, or create a, conversation/story when it's not necessary.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:54 pm 

I think AB sees himself rightly so as a brand, not just a player. He's got the smile charisma thing working and he's the top wr in the game. But he needs those stats to back it up.

Secondly I think AB is probably more than a tad frustrated being double and triple teamed. Coverage is almost always shaded his way at least. So when he breaks open like that he's probably saying to himself Christ I'll never be that open again all year.

Doesn't excuse the tantrum but at least he threw Gatorade and not the water boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:57 pm 

If you watch the replay from the broadcast - Haley throws his hands in some not happy emotion when Ben checks it down. I can't speak to the progression philosophy since I'm not in the room, but based on how Haley/AB respond I have to think Ben's answer doesn't hold a ton of water. I just don't think you run an odd route concept like that as a throw away - I have to imagine it was the center point of that play call.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:59 pm 

FromPittWithLove wrote:
If you watch the replay from the broadcast - Haley throws his hands in some not happy emotion when Ben checks it down. I can't speak to the progression philosophy since I'm not in the room, but based on how Haley/AB respond I have to think Ben's answer doesn't hold a ton of water. I just don't think you run an odd route concept like that as a throw away - I have to imagine it was the center point of that play call.

Well, sure, like I said in the game thread "THAT'S when you decide not to hold and hold the ball like a greedy bastard?!?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:01 pm 

AB has himself on his FF team....that would make the most sense.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:21 pm 

ESPN showed how badly Ben fucked that play up. Hasselbeck drew up the play giving serious props to Haley for innovation. He claims to have never seen a crossing route executed like this before. Jeff Saturday concurred.

They showed how well AB executed his move and how much time Ben had. It was a gimme touchdown on a cleverly drawn play and the defense bit...and then Ben inexplicably fucked it up.

He double fucked it up by missing Bell.

AB is the hardest working man on the team that includes Deebo and Bell. He expects no less from his QB. I doubt his tantrum is just about this one play. Ben trying to be an elder statesman after his offseason retirement whine might be dividing this locker.

All the stars on this team are in their PRIME and possibly the best at their positions. All except one.

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:26 pm 

ChicagoSteel wrote:
ESPN showed how badly Ben fucked that play up. Hasselbeck drew up the play giving serious props to Haley for innovation. He claims to have never seen a crossing route executed like this before. Jeff Saturday concurred.

They showed how well AB executed his move and how much time Ben had. It was a gimme touchdown on a cleverly drawn play and the defense bit...and then Ben inexplicably fucked it up.

He double fucked it up by missing Bell.

AB is the hardest working man on the team that includes Deebo and Bell. He expects no less from his QB. I doubt his tantrum is just about this one play. Ben trying to be an elder statesman after his offseason retirement whine might be dividing this locker.

All the stars on this team are in their PRIME and possibly the best at their positions. All except one.

There's no way. Ben said his reads were to the other side of the field and, after a brief glance at the top of the play, that's where he was looking. Secondly, he didn't "miss Bell", he threw it away.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:47 pm 

Some of you people seriously ought to consider watching soap operas or reality tv shows instead of football. It's like you get off on drama. The fucking guy was asked a direction question about Browns antics and he responded in as diplomatic of a way as he could while conveying that behavior was not acceptable. End of non story.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next