It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ben calls out Antonio
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:52 pm 

Sorry....i dont see it that way at all Chicago...looked like a pee wee league backyard play....and Ben was flushed from the pocket.....

However maybe im wrong.....either way....AB needs to straighten up and fly right.....hes a great great wr....he largely has come up small in big games....good things happen when you put the team ahead of self ....

Im the last one here to overreact to kids having fun....being themselves....and occasionally getting off track....

AB is a 6th rder who signed 2 HUGE contracts here....hes damn near 30....you are a Pittsburgh Fucking Steeler....if that alone doesnt mean something to you.....just fucking act like it does...Steeler fans argue over which 3 or 4 deep HOFer at their position is the best....

I saw Joe Greene pickup Lynn Swann's limp lifeless unconscious body and carry him off the field against the Raiders.

I saw the Bengals knock Swann out .....and the next series Mel Blount broke Bob Trumpys facemask not to mention his jaw in 3 places and end his Steeler hating career.

Ben has excuted the greatest plays in Steeler history 2nd only to the Immaculate Franco. Hes rubbed dirt on broken noses and went back to the huddle. Played broken ankles.

Fuck you and your dumbass HaleyBall got lucky bullshit play. Fuck your meaningless stat whore 5 catch bullshit that Ben made happen for you. Cant stay in bounds on a winning TD sprint motherfucker.

I think your great AB but great is just the beginning here. Win 1 Lombardi and get back to me. Ben and I bet that watercooler as well both have 2 of those.

Youre great AB. Quickly grow up a little more and reach for legendary. Time waits for no one

Last edited by SteelerChef on Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:56 pm 

AB Needs to stay humble - he has no ring.
Tick-tock-tick-tock....
Tomorrow is now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:21 pm 

ChicagoSteel wrote:
ESPN showed how badly Ben fucked that play up. Hasselbeck drew up the play giving serious props to Haley for innovation. He claims to have never seen a crossing route executed like this before. Jeff Saturday concurred.

They showed how well AB executed his move and how much time Ben had. It was a gimme touchdown on a cleverly drawn play and the defense bit...and then Ben inexplicably fucked it up.

He double fucked it up by missing Bell.

AB is the hardest working man on the team that includes Deebo and Bell. He expects no less from his QB. I doubt his tantrum is just about this one play. Ben trying to be an elder statesman after his offseason retirement whine might be dividing this locker.

All the stars on this team are in their PRIME and possibly the best at their positions. All except one.

Nice bullshit spin...I saw the same on ESPN. Wasn’t even a called play, it was a route adjustment. Roethlisberger came off of AB just as he broke free. It sucks, but it happens.
BR must’ve really fucked up your head out in Vegas ... cause you’re delusional.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:34 pm 

They’ve run that same play before in the AFC Championship. Ben and Jesse James confirmed that was the design as well. The much maligned Steelers Depot had a great write up on it. I initially thought it was ad lib as well.

Ben just misdiagnosed the coverage and gave up on AB too early. Shit happens. The offense looked great the first half last week. It needs to continue to get better.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:15 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
... I saw Joe Greene pickup Lynn Swann's limp lifeless unconscious body and carry him off the field against the Raiders.

I saw the Bengals knock Swann out .....and the next series Mel Blount broke Bob Trumpys facemask not to mention his jaw in 3 places and end his Steeler hating career.

Ben has excuted the greatest plays in Steeler history 2nd only to the Immaculate Franco. Hes rubbed dirt on broken noses and went back to the huddle. Played broken ankles. ...

I disagree strongly with a lot of your post, Chef. But this is fucking inspiring!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:18 pm 

And what did Tomlin say in his Presser today? Baltimore feeds off of turnovers. They won the first two weeks because they created them in bunches. In past Steelers Ravens games Baltimore won the turnover advantage, but the Steelers always kept the game close. They felt if they didn't turn it over, they win going away. Ben had marching orders and an offensive game plan to protect the ball and not hold it looking for the big play. That's what he did and they won handily. If youre asking Ben to hold the ball five seconds to allow for a route adjustment against the Ravens D, your more likely to get a negative play than a positive one.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:21 pm 

Good point sp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:37 pm 

Steel Drummer wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
... I saw Joe Greene pickup Lynn Swann's limp lifeless unconscious body and carry him off the field against the Raiders.

Ben has excuted the greatest plays in Steeler history 2nd only to the Immaculate Franco. Hes rubbed dirt on broken noses and went back to the huddle. Played broken ankles. ...

I disagree strongly with a lot of your post, Chef. But this is fucking inspiring!

I will never forget Blount coming on the field playing to the cameras...the crowd ...and the assembled players .....motioning as if to say ok....NOW ITS MY TURN ....and then....BOOM...facemask busted...jaw busted....career over....now....whos the next motherfucker who wants to headshot Swannie ?

http://m.steelers.com/news/article-1/Tr ... 90092a990f

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:32 am 

ChicagoSteel wrote:
ESPN showed how badly Ben fucked that play up. Hasselbeck drew up the play giving serious props to Haley for innovation. He claims to have never seen a crossing route executed like this before. Jeff Saturday concurred.

They showed how well AB executed his move and how much time Ben had. It was a gimme touchdown on a cleverly drawn play and the defense bit...and then Ben inexplicably fucked it up.

He double fucked it up by missing Bell.

AB is the hardest working man on the team that includes Deebo and Bell. He expects no less from his QB. I doubt his tantrum is just about this one play. Ben trying to be an elder statesman after his offseason retirement whine might be dividing this locker.

All the stars on this team are in their PRIME and possibly the best at their positions. All except one.

When AB tossed the water cooler, he was looking in the direction of the HC. He then was demonstrative toward Haley.

Bell was covered and going nowhere on that play. It might have been a throwaway but regardless, didn't matter.

When a RB loses his explosiveness, he is no longer in his prime. Bell is not 2014 Bell.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:48 am 

I agree Havoc. There were some very good holes to run through with the blocking. I was very impressed with JuJu, Nix and Vance McDonald in the run game, there were sizable holes for Bell to run through. I was expecting some long runs from Bell, not just a long of 21 yards, but a 30, 40, 50 yard run. But this is not the same Bell from 2014. Look, he never had great long speed, ran a 4.60 his rookie year, but now?, now I would peg him at maybe running a 4.7. He just does not have that extra gear to pull away from people.

He has touched the ball 104 times this season through the first 4 games and has produced just 1 play over 20+ yards.

That 2014 season he had 373 combined carries/catches and had 18 plays over 20+ yards, with 5 of them over 40+ yards. That was all done before Reggie Nelson took out his knee. That was before Vontez Burfect did the same the next year.

So, yeah, Bell rushed for over 100 yards and people think things are fine, but this is not the same Bell from 2014. I really have to question focusing the offense around Bell when he does not have that explosiveness to produce the back breaking plays that kill a defense. And again, I would like to point out that the offense produced just 26 points.

Feeding Bell does not seem to produce the points that we really need to defeat the big dogs. 26 points is not going to get it done against NE or Atlanta or Green Bay in post season play.

When I brought up the Williams/Bell comparison with both of them as starters and how the offense was more productive with Williams as the starting RB, i.e. scoring more points per game, it made me scratch my head. Why was that happening?

My conclusion is that when Williams was the starter it did not preclude them from having a balanced attack, having that passing game. It seemed like they did not make the passing game subservient to the running game with Williams, it did not have to take a back seat. But with Bell? It seems like we just are passive with the passing game, we make Ben a game manager, task him with not turning the ball over, and I think as a result our offense will score less points with that style of offense.

Also, the passing game is not something that you can just flip a switch on and have it be ready and deadly. You have to constantly work on it, every single game. What I am seeing is the same thing that I saw the offense do to end the last half of the 2016 season. Just run Bell, and do just enough in the passing game. But what happens when the team needs to score more points? When they need Ben to throw for 300, 350 yards and be in a high scoring shootout?

I think it is a mistake to have this offense flow through Bell and not Ben. There is a lot of talent on this offense, but that talent is going to go unused if Ben has to take a backseat to Bell and a run first mentality. Of course Brown will get his touches, but JuJu, Bryant, McDonald could be doing so much more in the passing game, and help us to truly produce a high scoring offense.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next