It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Cheats vs Bucs TNF
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:01 pm 
Jeemie wrote:
What's unreal about it?

I hold a high standard for the coach of MY team that doesn't rely on comparing him to other coaches..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:03 pm 

My opinion is that there are plenty of coaches out there that could have replicated the level of success here in the last 7 years with Ben and company at the helm.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:04 pm 

I wonder. When Ben is complained about I am told that he is held to an unrealustic standard.

But many of those same folks go out of their way to complain about coaches. I wonder that it is not ok to complain about Ben without comparing him to other QBs (but actually if we do there is still reason to complain) but it is apparently ok to complain mercilessly about coaches without extending the same courtesy.

Are the coaches held to unrealistic standards on this board?

I don't hate Tomlin or Ben. I'll moan about them when moved to do so, though.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:09 pm 
R S wrote:
My opinion is that there are plenty of coaches out there that could have replicated the level of success here in the last 7 years with Ben and company at the helm.

And yet none have. With several QBs and other players im routinely told here are better than our guys.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:41 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
I wonder. When Ben is complained about I am told that he is held to an unrealustic standard.

But many of those same folks go out of their way to complain about coaches. I wonder that it is not ok to complain about Ben without comparing him to other QBs (but actually if we do there is still reason to complain) but it is apparently ok to complain mercilessly about coaches without extending the same courtesy.

I think I'm pretty clear about this: I compare Ben to himself and other QBs in the league. I compare Haley to other OCs. I compare our head coach to other HCs.

Expectations are often a bigger issue than a player or coach failing to meet them. Once player/coach show you their best, on those days when everything works... then you want to see that every play, and if you don't, you're disappointed. Human nature to be that way. That doesn't make expecting that fair or logical.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:48 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

I think I'm pretty clear about this: I compare Ben to himself and other QBs in the league. I compare Haley to other OCs. I compare our head coach to other HCs.

Expectations are often a bigger issue than a player or coach failing to meet them. Once player/coach show you their best, on those days when everything works... then you want to see that every play, and if you don't, you're disappointed. Human nature to be that way. That doesn't make expecting that fair or logical.

Well, I don't expect Ben to toss 6 TDs every week.

My main gripe is the long ball which is supposed to be his strength.

So far:
4/20 (Bryant had a horrible drop)
0 TD
1 INT
34.2 passer rating on attempts of 20+ yards

Does that sound like the Ben you know?
How many times has he been sacked or hurried? It is not like the line is not doing its job.

Something is off.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:12 pm 

4/122 DPI on deep balls

Bryant and AB have both had drops on long balls

If even one of those DPI or Bryant drops is converted, those numbers could be:

10/25 341 1TD 1INT 84.2 Rating

I think it's much too much a small sample size to be overly concerned, especially with Bryant still getting up to speed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:13 pm 
Still Lit wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

Well, I don't expect Ben to toss 6 TDs every week.

My main gripe is the long ball which is supposed to be his strength.

So far:
4/20 (Bryant had a horrible drop)
0 TD
1 INT
34.2 passer rating on attempts of 20+ yards

Does that sound like the Ben you know?
How many times has he been sacked or hurried? It is not like the line is not doing its job.

Something is off.

Lets revisit that at week 12

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7