It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tomlin has to go
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:32 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Stallworth16 wrote:
...but when the team loses it allows people to work on their other passion, which is Fire Tomlin, Fire Haley.

We're 5 games in and the offense has grossly underperformed expectations. And Haley has never exactly been considered to "add value".

Regardless of what you think about Ben, he's still better than at least 2/3 of the QB's in this league. Yet, other teams are getting it done with lesser QB's, and lesser talent around those QB's.

You can't change your players tomorrow, but you CAN change the guy running the ship.

One more loss like this one, and I'll start to despise Haley like I used to also.

But I also know that replacing coaches can sometimes make things better and sometimes not, either way it takes time. I've pretty much resigned to the fact that this our last run with Ben and we have to get our shit together with this group of coaches and players.

To their credit they have shown the ability to Regroup and Play well in the second half of the season, in the past. Will that happen this year? It could go either way.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:34 pm 

We are still trending down since December of last year

The end of the tomlin / Haley line has been reached

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:35 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Aaron Rodgers is so much better than Ben right now. Christ almighty.

I rember not too long ago id take ben over everyone in nfl.. including brady-rogers. now id take 20 -25 qbs in a trade for ben....sad but true.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:16 pm 

bam morris wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Aaron Rodgers is so much better than Ben right now. Christ almighty.

I rember not too long ago id take ben over everyone in nfl.. including brady-rogers. now id take 20 -25 qbs in a trade for ben....sad but true.

I remember games - rare, to be sure, but I'm making a point - where Ben completed like 80% of his passes to guys mostly with no one within 3 yards. I have seen very, very few of such plays this year. A ridiculous amount of his passes this year have been highly contested in tight coverage. Unless the all-22 says otherwise, I simply don't assume a 14-yr future HOFer is suddenly making awful decisions, repeatedly.

The only guys who make those throws consistently are Ben and Rodgers, each for a period of about 2-3 years in their entire careers.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:16 pm 

Rodgers today did it without 87 and NO running game and missing 2 impact members of his OL.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:55 pm 

Defense doesn't get much of a pass...

"In the Steelers' 2 *losses*, opponents have COMBINED for a total of 7 completions to wide receivers

Seven. Total. WR. Catches.
In two games"

- Chris Adamski

Also, as you know by now...Jags- 1st in pass defense. 32nd in run defense. So, let's fling it 55 times.

Adjustment. Failure.

COACHING.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:01 pm 

AirRescueFF wrote:

Also, as you know by now...Jags- 1st in pass defense. 32nd in run defense. So, let's fling it 55 times.

Adjustment. Failure.

COACHING.

They gave it to their RBs 18 times and only averaged 3.1 YPC. That's the bigger deal than the lack of total rushes. They couldn't run on a bad run D. The plays are stale and predictable and the o line isn't opening holes.

Every week I sit here and watch Andy Reid call plays and design offense for the Chiefs. That guy gets it. Todd Haley, not so much.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:18 pm 

Reid designed a really cool offense around the talent he has.

Haley makes tee times for Monday afternoon and doesn’t give a fuck about his shit product on the field. And tomlin is a bigger fuckwad for sitting idle. I agree with B2B. We might have the 2-3rd worst offense in the league. Imagine that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:19 pm 

Mike Tomlin and especially Todd Haley are the 2 worst guys you can have leading this group of personnel, in that they have zero concept of how to mold, shape and run an offense. I'm amazed Ben has done whats hes done with this coaching staff steering the ship over the years. Also ur OL especially the 2 tackles have been awful. We desperately need Gilbert back.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:49 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:
Rodgers today did it without 87 and NO running game and missing 2 impact members of his OL.

They had a great running game today

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next