It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Tomlin has to go
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:38 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
steelmann58 wrote:
Rodgers today did it without 87 and NO running game and missing 2 impact members of his OL.

So you mean kind of like Ben did in a PLAYOFF game against DEN two years ago?

Except Rodgers had a good running game....

The Packers scored 35 points...the Steelers scored 16.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:39 pm 

As a head coach, I'm guessing Tomlin saw that the jags had a bad run defense. They've been gashed the week before. They opened a few holes, but for the most part the o line was manhandled from what I could tell. In both the pass and run.

Do you think the jags HC and DC focused on stopping the run with a team that had a back run for over 100 yards against baltimore the week before? Didn't B2B bring this up in the podcast? They challenged BR and the offense to beat them with JuJu, Bryant, James. Even though AB had a good game, they kept him out of the end zone. BR once again, forced the issue.

In other words, it doesn't surprise me one bit the jags showed up ready to elevate their run stopping abilities forcing BR to throw within haley's system. Just as tomlin said : The game unfolded exactly the way the jags game planned for, and the steelers coaching staff fell right into the trap.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:51 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
As a head coach, I'm guessing Tomlin saw that the jags had a bad run defense. They've been gashed the week before. They opened a few holes, but for the most part the o line was manhandled from what I could tell. In both the pass and run.

Do you think the jags HC and DC focused on stopping the run with a team that had a back run for over 100 yards against baltimore the week before? Didn't B2B bring this up in the podcast? They challenged BR and the offense to beat them with JuJu, Bryant, James. Even though AB had a good game, they kept him out of the end zone. BR once again, forced the issue.

In other words, it doesn't surprise me one bit the jags showed up ready to elevate their run stopping abilities forcing BR to throw within haley's system. Just as tomlin said : The game unfolded exactly the way the jags game planned for, and the steelers coaching staff fell right into the trap.

Absolutely.
Jets ran well vs the Jags.
We ran better vs. the Ravens.
No reason to game plan with anything but those thoughts.

And no reason to think Jax game plan was to stack the box and take away the run.
And thats exactly what they did.
Single high safety. Other safety close to the box.

We are out game planned and out coached 11-12 out of 16 games a year.

Forget about in game or half time adjustments.
I've said plenty of times under this staff.
If a game is going bad early in the game.........
If the team is struggling early.
That this staff does not have the ability, intellect, mental quickness to adjust on the fly, etc to make changes to to counter what the other team is doing.

We never adjusted against the Bears once we realized they could only beat us on the ground.
We never adjusted against the Jags once we realized they could only beat us on the ground.
One pass by the Jags in the second half?. and it was one incomplete pass.

Same script....different Sunday, different team.
Not that James Harrison is gonna single handily stop the Jags run game..........
But once again, our best and most stout run stuffing OLB is watching from the sidelines.

I can not even fathom the in game thought process of the offensive leaders of this team once they saw the novel defensive scheme of single high safety.
Did they not think....hey maybe Jax will stack the box and creep a safety up, knowing the PS passing offense has not been very good.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:54 pm 

Haven't read the thread at all, but it could be worse I guess. We could have this guy running our O Line.....

Dolphins OL coach Chris Foerster resigned.

A video released Sunday appears to show Foerster snorting lines of cocaine off his desk at work. "I am resigning from my position with the Miami Dolphins and accept full responsibility for my actions," Foerster wrote. "I want to apologize to the organization and my sole focus is on getting the help that I need with the support of my family and medical professionals."

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Oct 9 - 10:09 AM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:41 pm 

Not all rushing offenses are created equal. The Jags field a young, fast, aggressive defense. The Steelers sport a slow plodding unimaginative rushing attack. No deception, misdirection, or imagination. When the Steelers go against a read and react defense, they can get a hat on a hat, allow Bell to pick his spots, and have some success. Against an attacking D like the Jags, their predictability allows the defense to get too and overwhelm the offensive line at the POA. The blockers are outnumbered...no push, no success. The Steelers run blocking schemes date back to. Cowher and even Noll. Tight splits, pulling and trapping, deep delayed handoffs.
This is the type of offense Tood Haley designs because this is the type of offense Mike Tomlin wants, and most importantly, this is the type of offense A2 promotes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6