It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is there any doubt
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:29 am 

That the Steelers win next week. As predictable as these loses to lesser teams have become under Tomlin, it's just as predictable that they will be ready to play next Sunday against the best team in the league. Maybe Ben even has one of his 5 td games.
The line is only 3, vegas knows this trend as well.

Post subject: Re: Is there any doubt
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:16 am 

Just my opinion, but I don’t consider Jax a “lesser team”. They are a team on the rise, and the Steelers, as they are currently constructed and coached, aren’t nearly as good as we want to believe they are.
Anything can happen, but I’m certainly not betting the house on a Steelers victory at KC. So yeah, I have doubt...a lot of doubt.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:59 am 

I tend to agree with OP. However, they beat them in the playoffs last year, which may leave some risidue.

If they create an offensive game plan around Bryant I would be happy and think success would follow. Hell, I’d even line him up at TE with a FB behind him to see what would happen. Be good for a play or two, until they would send the house through his front door.

Bottom line is you can’t discount that there is a bit of AFCCG hangover as there is with the Super Bowl hangover. It is hard work getting to the penultimate game. They will have to soldier on and improve what is working and fix what is broken, rinse and repeat and they should be alright.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:58 am 

Yes, I think there is plenty of doubt. Most on here (including me) are expecting a loss. And it might be ugly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:03 am 

I expect a 7-10 point Steelers loss.

KC is the best team in the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:39 pm 

Yes, there is definitely room for doubt. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if they come out a play a really good game - possibly like the Steelers / Cowboys game from last year.

Regardless of whether the Jags are improved or not, this game came between road games against the Rats and the best team in the NFL right now. With the Jags losing to the Jets last week I'm sure all of the Steelers thought winning this home game was a forgone conclusion. This is the kind of recipe for disaster that results in the debacle we saw yesterday. I didn't want to believe they'd look like they did but I can't say it surprised me.

Back to the OP's position, if they come out with a balanced attack this game is very winnable. However, they will have to do it by mixing up the run & the pass in a way that doesn't fall into a pattern of run, run, pass. They also have to be smart on 3rd down - just get to the sticks and live to face another set of downs - none of the homerun balls on 3rd and one garbage and for gods sake, when it's a short yardage situation don't load up on either the run or the pass, have options - some receivers, and at least one person in the backfield so the D doesn't know what's coming.....this year's team hasn't really show the ability to do that but hopefully they will think back to seasons past and start to get things heading in the right direction.

The tools are there but this team is a major head case right now!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:07 pm 

Steelcody36 wrote:

They are the October imaginary champions.

A very good football team. Good story.

If A. Smith were to face off with A. Rodgers in the SB...

...put your money on Rodgers.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:47 pm 

Havoc wrote:
Steelcody36 wrote:

I live in Kansas City. VERY different Chiefs team this year Havoc. They can score in any number of ways. If we key on the run, they will kill us throwing over the top of our linebackers to Travis Kelce. If we try to stop the pass, they’re going to gash us with Kareem Hunt who is legit. He is basically a fast bowling ball, prepare for many missed tackles by our guys. We still have Tyreek Hill to deal with too. The Chiefs D is pretty stout with good cover corners. To win, we will have to play flawless football with a masterful game plan on both offense and defense. I don’t see it. 35-17 Chiefs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:14 pm 

KCSteeler wrote:
Havoc wrote:
Steelcody36 wrote:

I live in Kansas City. VERY different Chiefs team this year Havoc. They can score in any number of ways. If we key on the run, they will kill us throwing over the top of our linebackers to Travis Kelce. If we try to stop the pass, they’re going to gash us with Kareem Hunt who is legit. He is basically a fast bowling ball, prepare for many missed tackles by our guys. We still have Tyreek Hill to deal with too. The Chiefs D is pretty stout with good cover corners. To win, we will have to play flawless football with a masterful game plan on both offense and defense. I don’t see it. 35-17 Chiefs.

The Chiefs are legit. Hunt is a beast. Kelce is a different animal.

A lot is going to change in the NFL by tournament time.

I'm not crowning the Chiefs anything in October except to say they are a very good football team and legit contenders.

Chiefs have played the best football in the league to this point.... It's October.

Let's see if A Smith can do it thru an entire PS Lombardi run. If it comes down to it, I'm still putting my $$$ on Rodgers.

I watched Rodgers engineer their game winning drive yesterday. If the Packers had Brady on that drive, they likely would have been attempting a tying fg. Brady could not have converted that key 3rd down scramble/run.

And if you had put up a target with no players on the field on the TD throw... Rodgers put the nose of the football on the bullseye.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:16 pm 

This passing game misses Heath Miller. We need the outlaw and juju to take up the slack in a major way. Bryant aint doin shit.