It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Why are Mike Mitchell and Bud Dupree such b*tches?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 am 

I lost count yesterday of how many times our D was trucked by Fournette and Mitchell gets up talking sh*t and pounding his chest. There was another play too where we were trucked again and Dupree and Mitchell do a silly celebration where they jump into each other.

Dupree was rag dolled ALL game. He had nothing to celebrate about. He should have been pissed more than anything. It is little things like this garbage that tell me we are a poorly coached and low discipline team. What happened to lining up for the next play, focusing, and attacking harder? No, we do little dances and talk sh*t as we get steam rolled over and over.

It's INFURIATING.

Post subject: Re: Why are Mike Mitchell and Bud Dupree such b*tches?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:34 am 

It's embarrassing.

On one play alone. Dupree gets stiff armed to the ground and fournette runs 12 yards for a first down...Mitchell tackled him going low with the angle. And Mitchell gets up pounding his chest. Fournette seemed to be in shock at the stupidity.

I tried telling myself Mitchell was pissed and yelling at teammates. But no, I don't think so.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:40 am 

Hate Mitchell. That guy's an idiot.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:41 am 

Add Artie Burns to that list too. He comes up and makes a tackle on a 3rd down play and is raising his fist in the air, and celebrating that they stopped the drive, but no, first down. Tomlin challenged but it was a first down.

To me is it amazing that Jax trusts their CBs, allows them to play tighter in coverage, and we still do what we do with our duo of Burns and Haden. Still have them play too far off in crucial situations.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:44 am 

Mitchell is a perfect example of what is wrong with this team. He barks and dances around like a fucking homo after he makes a tackle after giving up a first down. Leveon Bell does his stupid ass first down signal when he picks one up. These stupid fucks need to realize that style points don’t matter. They are a reflection of their bullshit artist head coach, obviously.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:08 am 
I look at it as players attempting to get the team fired up and make a turning point happen. NFL players never really did "just line up and make the next play" That never happened. Didnt happen with Lambert or Green. Didnt happen with anyone. Ever. Its an emotional game. I want my guys being emotionally tied to outcomes. They are not robots.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:22 am 

How about when Bryant got flagged for a false start, came to the sideline and got a fist bump from Tomlin? That was a good one.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:24 am 

T.W. wrote:
How about when Bryant got flagged for a false start, came to the sideline and got a fist bump from Tomlin? That was a good one.

Tip of the cap

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:24 am 

SteelerChef wrote:
I look at it as players attempting to get the team fired up and make a turning point happen. NFL players never really did "just line up and make the next play" That never happened. Didnt happen with Lambert or Green. Didnt happen with anyone. Ever. Its an emotional game. I want my guys being emotionally tied to outcomes. They are not robots.

I want my guys being emotionally tied to the right outcomes, period.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:27 am 

That's another possibility. But when you lose the down, so to speak, it's hard to justify.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:44 am 

SteelerChef wrote:

If I was a player, I would not be fired up seeing a team leader act like he just won the Super Bowl after he made a good hit on a player who converted the first down anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:46 am 
This kinda rhetoric always sound like like fat old long irrelevant wanna bes crying over nothing. Is that really who you are?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:57 am 

SteelerChef wrote:
This kinda rhetoric always sound like like fat old long irrelevant wanna bes crying over nothing. Is that really who you are?

Don’t you think this reflects on the coach more than anything? Leonard Fournette was pretty damn good yesterday before the 90 yard run; so what in the flying fuck is Mike Mitchell so proud of after Fournette rips off another 12 yard run?

This is Tomlin’s Steelers though. A bunch of emotional divas that kinda get to do what they want while the Walking Aviatiors just sits there and stares. Oh, and Mitchell is a moron so why wouldn’t he celebrate like that? He sure as fuck never breaks up passes or picks anything off, so if he’s going to get fired up it has to be after Fournette bitch slaps him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:06 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

Don’t you think this reflects on the coach more than anything? Leonard Fournette was pretty damn good yesterday before the 90 yard run; so what in the flying fuck is Mike Mitchell so proud of after Fournette rips off another 12 yard run?

This is Tomlin’s Steelers though. A bunch of emotional divas that kinda get to do what they want while the Walking Aviatiors just sits there and stares. Oh, and Mitchell is a moron so why wouldn’t he celebrate like that? He sure as fuck never breaks up passes or picks anything off, so if he’s going to get fired up it has to be after Fournette bitch slaps him.

Well said Orange, I could not agree more. These guys are posers and it’s embarrassing. They are a direct reflection of their head coach that prefers sizzle rather than the steak. It is further reflected in their lack of preparation, execution and professionalism. The lack of accountability begins and ends with Tomlin.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:13 am 

Dupree got stiff armed to the ground like a kid trying to tackle his dad at least three times. This is a 270 pound professional athlete being physically dominated by somebody 40 pounds lighter than him, using only one arm. I have been patient and optimistic towards Dupree. After week 5 I'll officially declare him a bust.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:07 pm 

KCSteeler wrote:
Mitchell is a perfect example of what is wrong with this team. He barks and dances around like a fucking homo after he makes a tackle after giving up a first down. Leveon Bell does his stupid ass first down signal when he picks one up. These stupid fucks need to realize that style points don’t matter. They are a reflection of their bullshit artist head coach, obviously.

Yep.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:07 pm 

franco32 wrote:
I lost count yesterday of how many times our D was trucked by Fournette and Mitchell gets up talking sh*t and pounding his chest. There was another play too where we were trucked again and Dupree and Mitchell do a silly celebration where they jump into each other.

Dupree was rag dolled ALL game. He had nothing to celebrate about. He should have been pissed more than anything. It is little things like this garbage that tell me we are a poorly coached and low discipline team. What happened to lining up for the next play, focusing, and attacking harder? No, we do little dances and talk sh*t as we get steam rolled over and over.

It's INFURIATING.

That may have been the most maddening play of the game.

Mitchell getting up and celebrating after he goes low to take out Fournette after an 11 yard gain and another first down.
To his credit, Mitchell went low and ended the run.
I'm sure the head coach was nodding in approval of the hard collision and Mitchell's enthusiasm.

I think Fournette said something to him after the play.........
Probably along the lines of........."Hey, I just ran for 11 yards and a first"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:22 pm 

Marvin = tomlin

Tomlin = Marvin

No control to create team unity and demeanor

Hence empty championship cupboard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:35 pm 

KCSteeler wrote:

Mitchell has started 52 games for the Steelers. In those he has all of 4 interceptions. 8 safeties and 2 frickin' linebackers did at least that last year alone. Hey Mitchell, do something before you fucking dance!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:41 pm 

What Mitchell did I consider a form of denial on the football field. In total denial that they are getting their asses kicked by a rookie RB in their house. Lump it with the team that's getting beat starting fights at the end of the game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:27 pm 

Steelerchef,

Why are you bringing up Joe Green and Jack Lambert in the same thread as Mitchell and Dupree? Those guys played with emotion and they got in their opponents faces...but they did it when they had actually made a play....not after getting trucked or being gashed for easy first downs. Talking trash after that is pathetic and embarrassing.

I get that you have to play with emotion. The problem with Tomlin-led teams is that this is the only thing they have. You think Chuck Noll won by simply harnessing more emotion than the other guys? He won with preparation, diligence, focus, and execution. You think hoodie up in NE would let his teams celebrate like that after being trucked?

Bud Dupree had nothing to celebrate yesterday...at all. He was slapped around all game long. I'm glad SP called him out. I've been saying it for a while. He's a bust. Good when he is unblocked. Sucks otherwise.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:38 pm 

I am perilously close, millimeters to calling Dupree a bust. He does nothing of any consequence at all. Watt is miles ahead of him with a fraction of the experience.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:27 pm 

franco32 wrote:
Steelerchef,

Why are you bringing up Joe Green and Jack Lambert in the same thread as Mitchell and Dupree? Those guys played with emotion and they got in their opponents faces...but they did it when they had actually made a play....not after getting trucked or being gashed for easy first downs. Talking trash after that is pathetic and embarrassing.

I get that you have to play with emotion. The problem with Tomlin-led teams is that this is the only thing they have. You think Chuck Noll won by simply harnessing more emotion than the other guys? He won with preparation, diligence, focus, and execution. You think hoodie up in NE would let his teams celebrate like that after being trucked?

Bud Dupree had nothing to celebrate yesterday...at all. He was slapped around all game long. I'm glad SP called him out. I've been saying it for a while. He's a bust. Good when he is unblocked. Sucks otherwise.

Outstanding post Franco. I don’t think big Bud had a single tackle yesterday. How is that even possible for a starting linebacker? We let jokers like him play and Harrison cannot even get a hat. The times are a changin’ and sadly, it isn’t for the better. It is getting harder and harder for me to watch. I have been a member of a Steelers fan club here in Kansas City for the past 22 years. The club meets every Sunday at a local bar. After the anthem debacle in Chicago, I spent the last two weeks watching at home. The next step is to just leave the damn TV off, it might be better for my sanity.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:32 pm 

SP wrote:
Dupree got stiff armed to the ground like a kid trying to tackle his dad at least three times. This is a 270 pound professional athlete being physically dominated by somebody 40 pounds lighter than him, using only one arm. I have been patient and optimistic towards Dupree. After week 5 I'll officially declare him a bust.

Meanwhile, Deebo is sidelined as a healthy scratch, twiddling his thumbs. Probably biting his tongue.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:33 pm 

franco32 wrote:

It's INFURIATING.

These players are the embodiment of what a Tomlin coached team is all about. All talk, posturing, and bullshit with no action whatsoever.

Last edited by Lynch on Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.